Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 04:23 AM   #31
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Hello my dear friend, I know you understand why I have been MIA. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a

LOVE your AK day, so much fun and the pics are awesome!

The children want to know how deep the snow is and if it is still coming down...
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #32
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Happy Halloween!!! I hope you have a great day today!

D~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #33
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbiscuit View Post
Those photos at AK are so cute! Glad you got the photo posting issues worked out!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Hello my dear friend, I know you understand why I have been MIA. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a

LOVE your AK day, so much fun and the pics are awesome!

The children want to know how deep the snow is and if it is still coming down...
Hello, glad you stoped by
Happy Halloween!!
It's snowed all day yesterday! We must have a foot and a half now, which is crazy! I hope it's nicer tonight for kids trick or treating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Happy Halloween!!! I hope you have a great day today!

D~
Happy Halloween, hope you have a great day too!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #34
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
Hello, glad you stoped by
Happy Halloween!!
It's snowed all day yesterday! We must have a foot and a half now, which is crazy! I hope it's nicer tonight for kids trick or treating.
Oh my gracious Tracy, I just can't imagine! In October! The most snow I ever saw at my house was when Pete was in the Marine Corps and the coast had their first snow in over 100 years (yes, it waited until I had been living there 5 months to decide to do it, I felt like I needed to apologize to the town for moving there ). They got two feet it was wild...I will save that fun story for the next time we see each other, it is a doozy I meant to get the boys some candy since they don't trick or treat (Rachel wouldn't but it is more fun for lIsa if she does). I just ran out of time...

Stay safe.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #35
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my gracious Tracy, I just can't imagine! In October! The most snow I ever saw at my house was when Pete was in the Marine Corps and the coast had their first snow in over 100 years (yes, it waited until I had been living there 5 months to decide to do it, I felt like I needed to apologize to the town for moving there ). They got two feet it was wild...I will save that fun story for the next time we see each other, it is a doozy I meant to get the boys some candy since they don't trick or treat (Rachel wouldn't but it is more fun for lIsa if she does). I just ran out of time...

Stay safe.
That's funny that it snowed that much your first year there!
It's unusual to have this much snow this early! I'm worried the ice won't freeze as well now. It stopped snowing for the trick or treaters last night, thankful but it's snowing again this morning. This is a photo from my office window yesterday:

One of the stores here had 75% off candy yesterday, so maybe you can find a good deal for some candy for the boys. Trick or treating is always fun with company. I got to go out way older than I usualy would have because I took my younger siblings, too. Hope the girls had fun!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #36
acurry417
Mommy to a beautiful princess

Great report so far, can't wait to read more. I love your Dumbo bag! My two year old daughter is totally in love with Dumbo and talks about him all the time. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #37
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurry417 View Post
Great report so far, can't wait to read more. I love your Dumbo bag! My two year old daughter is totally in love with Dumbo and talks about him all the time. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Your daughter is aborable!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Ok, we left off at the resort getting ready for MVSHP. I took my time and didn't get to the park until about 6pm.

I headed –somewhat straightly- to the first ride I wanted to do on my first time in the magic kingdom... The song didn't quite get stuck in my head all night.

It had also started to pour-lovely. Decided to embrace my inner child by taking a couple spins on the tea cups.

Then to start getting into the Halloween mood I headed to the haunted mansion. The loading and unloading of this ride is one of the most terrifying part.

It was almost time for the first Villains party, I went to the castle and asked if it would happen in the rain but no go- but they were going to do a meet and greet in the back of the castle so around to the back I go. It was fun, but they were moving people through quickly and Cruella seemed to be in charge of keeping things moving.

It was then almost time for the parade. There was talk of no horse man but I knew in the rain he wouldn't ride. But then a couple of mins after the parade was to start announcement that it was canceled It was kind of miserable with lots of unhappy people but I knew if it rained it would be miserable. I had taken a chance with the forecast saying 40% chance of rain that it wouldn't be that bad- but it was pretty wet. I tried to make the best of it.

With no parade I decided to have a sit and a snack so found the bakery and had some cake. They made an announcement that the parade would be at 9:30 then fireworks at 10. At 9:10 ish I staked out a spot on the end of main street closest to the castle. The parade seemed to take forever to come but it finally did. It was so much fun with the dancing characters, my favorite was the villains! (I wish I had better photos!)

After the parade it was a short wait for the fireworks. They were amazing!

After I decided another ride of haunted mansion was in order. It seemed like I was going against the flow of everyone else but there was a longer wait for the ride than the first time I rode. I love all the little details, you could ride again and again and notice something new each time.

After the haunted mansion I did the magic ghost shots.

It was just about midnight so I wandered out to wards the exit. They were giving away single peeps at the exit- so I did get candy even though I didn’t treat-or-treat. I was back to the resort by 12:30am.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #39
blessedmom4

Quote:
That's funny that it snowed that much your first year there!
It's unusual to have this much snow this early! I'm worried the ice won't freeze as well now. It stopped snowing for the trick or treaters last night, thankful but it's snowing again this morning. This is a photo from my office window yesterday:

Gracious Tracy, wait until I show the children! That just LOOKS cold! I am certain somebody will ask me where the caribou are!

One of the stores here had 75% off candy yesterday, so maybe you can find a good deal for some candy for the boys. Trick or treating is always fun with company. I got to go out way older than I usualy would have because I took my younger siblings, too. Hope the girls had fun!
Christian was kind enough to pick some medicine up at the pharmacy for me and he got a bag of snickers and butterfingers for half price. I just always try to get the boys a little something for Halloween night since they don't TorT. This year no one was even home to pass out candy.

LOVE the new update and feel your pain over the rain and MNSSHP...it does put a "damper" on things; however, you had the right attitude and the pics are WONDERFUL! I agree about the loading/unloading at HM I am always worried to pieces about Lisa getting in and out off and on...I also am quite furious about the way they now handle those in W/C and their "reasoning" is not sound at all...Once again, I think Disney execs should have to tour the parks for a week in a W/C, they would see how difficult it can be. Disney actually handles disabilities MICH better than most places though. The problem is people who try to get over on the system...off my soapbox now...

Looking forward to more!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #40
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I loved the update - and I LOVE your costume!!! It's perfect for the party!

It sounds like you had a good time despite the rain. And I was so disappointed when you said the parade was cancelled - and super excited when you said the changed it to a later time. The parade is my favorite... I love the HM ghosts and grave diggers (do they still do that part?).

I loved all your magic shots too... and that picture of you with ALL the Villians - super rare, they never do meet n' greets with all of them together... Sorry they whisked you through it, but how awesome that you have a photo!

Quote:
Christian was kind enough to pick some medicine up at the pharmacy for me and he got a bag of snickers and butterfingers for half price. I just always try to get the boys a little something for Halloween night since they don't TorT. This year no one was even home to pass out candy.

LOVE the new update and feel your pain over the rain and MNSSHP...it does put a "damper" on things; however, you had the right attitude and the pics are WONDERFUL! I agree about the loading/unloading at HM I am always worried to pieces about Lisa getting in and out off and on...I also am quite furious about the way they now handle those in W/C and their "reasoning" is not sound at all...Once again, I think Disney execs should have to tour the parks for a week in a W/C, they would see how difficult it can be. Disney actually handles disabilities MICH better than most places though. The problem is people who try to get over on the system...off my soapbox now...

Looking forward to more!
I agree, even though I haven't had to maneuver Disney in a w/c - I can't imagine how hard it can be.

D~
Old 11-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #41
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Looking forward to more!
I was really thinking your trip report when I was trying to decide to do the party, but I decided to go and just be determined to have a good time dispite the rain or cranky CMs. There was a huge line up at customer service and lots of cranky people, though.
Oh, I can't image how much more scary it would be with a wheelchair. I think everybody should have a mandatory day in a wheelchair to find out just hard life is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I loved the update - and I LOVE your costume!!! It's perfect for the party!

It sounds like you had a good time despite the rain. And I was so disappointed when you said the parade was cancelled - and super excited when you said the changed it to a later time. The parade is my favorite... I love the HM ghosts and grave diggers (do they still do that part?).

I loved all your magic shots too... and that picture of you with ALL the Villians - super rare, they never do meet n' greets with all of them together... Sorry they whisked you through it, but how awesome that you have a photo!

I agree, even though I haven't had to maneuver Disney in a w/c - I can't imagine how hard it can be.

D~
Thank you, I guess I never really even mentioned my costume. But hopefully people can figure out what I was.
They still have the dancing grave diggers and the ghosts.
It is a awesome photo with the villains, I guess good things come from the rain too It was actually quite funny, the CMs ‘handlers’ were pretty laid back, chatting about everyone’s costumes but Cruella was all about getting people moving. She basically kicked the people ahead of me out when they got their picture and came and grabbed me as the CM was talking to me.

I love the photopass, it's super hard getting good pictures of yourself when your travel. And the magic shots and everything are lots of fun. I must confess that I haven't got my cd yet, so the pictures I'm posting right now are totally stolen. I couldn't wait to do my TR.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #42
mycutiepatooties
DIS Veteran

Love your trip report so far! I think your costume was perfect for the party and I'm glad you made the best of it despite the rain. You did get a really cool villians photo! I'm in the pet swap with you, so I'm sure we'll be getting to know each other better over there...
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #43
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycutiepatooties View Post
Love your trip report so far! I think your costume was perfect for the party and I'm glad you made the best of it despite the rain. You did get a really cool villians photo! I'm in the pet swap with you, so I'm sure we'll be getting to know each other better over there...
Welcome Traci!!! Glad you stopped by. I'm slow updating but hopfuly you'll still check in. I'm looking forward to the swap and getting to know everyone over there.

Glad you like my costume! I do Love that villian picture.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #44
blessedmom4

Quote:

Glad you like my costume! I do Love that villian picture.
Me too, you need to frame it....

Still checking on you sweetie...
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #45
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

I got my photopass photos in! So just working on loading them in photobucket so I promise an update soon! Sorry for keeping you waiting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: