Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Pinocchio #1 Fan
Disney Premier Passholder, Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

Strange Happenings on the DCL Website

So I was just looking at my reservation for a Western Carribean cruise out of Galveston. I'm on the Wonder, departing September 28, 2013. The cruise I boked is scheduled to stop in Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. When I pulled up my reservation, and clicked the itinerary button, the animated map shows the ship stoping in Falmouth, Jamacia, and not in Costa Maya. However, the printed itinerary shows the stop in Costa Maya as originally scheduled, and has no mention of Falmouth. To my knowledge, DCL doesn't even stop in Jamaica now. Could this possibly be a clue about 2014 stops?
Pinocchio #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
eeyorefanuk
DIS Veteran

Interesting

eeyorefanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

Has to be! Great discovery!

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
becpee
I see sock puppets

I read something somewhere (can't remember where) about a "mystery" ship being listed port in Jamaica in 2014, with no cruiseline or ship name listed.
I'll see if I can find it again...

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012...disney-wonder/
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
ILoveWD
Mouseketeer

To the OP, thanks for seeing that one. Gives us all that are waiting for 2014hope that an announcement will come soon.

I mentioned your find on a couple of other 2014 threads that I have been following.
ILoveWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio #1 Fan
So I was just looking at my reservation for a Western Carribean cruise out of Galveston. I'm on the Wonder, departing September 28, 2013. The cruise I boked is scheduled to stop in Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. When I pulled up my reservation, and clicked the itinerary button, the animated map shows the ship stoping in Falmouth, Jamacia, and not in Costa Maya. However, the printed itinerary shows the stop in Costa Maya as originally scheduled, and has no mention of Falmouth. To my knowledge, DCL doesn't even stop in Jamaica now. Could this possibly be a clue about 2014 stops?
They've changed my cruises before
(8 night out of Galveston changed from Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Cozumel to Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral, Key West)
Maybe they're changing yours as well, to appease the people who say the new itineraries aren't "interesting" enough.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio #1 Fan
Interesting! I'm booking this cruise soon.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Looks like every Wonder cruise after September 28 has the same itinerary with a stop in Jamaica.
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer

We were in Falmouth almost 4 years ago and they were just starting to work in the port then. Seems about right that it should be ready by then!
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Hmm. I just checked the cruise we have booked (Thanksgiving of 2013 on the Wonder, departing from Galveston) and it is just as you say. The writing still lists the "correct" ports as they were when we booked--including Costa Maya--however the map replaces Costa Maya with Jamaica.

Even though we have this cruise booked, we haven't received any notification of a port change.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
DizDays
DVC & D23 Member

Keep us posted as you learn more. (Just popping in to say hi to Pinocchio #1 fan - hope you're doing well and I'm jealous of your upcoming cruise!)

DizDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
cgolf
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this is related, but when DW opened the DCL webpage this morning she saw a picture that she thought was Aruba, and the picture scroll option was 1 of 1. She opened another tab and reopened the DCL page and got the standard 4 pics. She said this has happened before recently. I had taken a screenshot, but looks like we didn't save it. I wonder if the website is in the process of getting updated?

cgolf
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
Laurali
Mouseketeer

there are the same reports and chatter on the 2014 itineraries thread..most are guessing that fall 2013 cruises will change as well when the 2014 dates are released.

Laurali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #14
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinocchio #1 Fan View Post
Here's hoping! There's a lot to do in Jamaica, mon. Costa Maya is a real yawner.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #15
Pinocchio #1 Fan
Disney Premier Passholder, Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDays View Post
Keep us posted as you learn more. (Just popping in to say hi to Pinocchio #1 fan - hope you're doing well and I'm jealous of your upcoming cruise!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Here's hoping! There's a lot to do in Jamaica, mon. Costa Maya is a real yawner.
DizDays- We are doing fantastic, although we'd be doing better if there was a NHL season going on. We can never forget you guys, as you were the only ones to catch us in the act of delivering FE gifts on the Alaska cruise! And of course I can't say hello without saying GO DUCKS!

jdb in AZ- I'm actualy excited to see Jamaica instead of Costa Maya. It makes me much more excited about the cruise!
Pinocchio #1 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: