Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #91
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

I was on the Fantasy sailing with rabidmarmot. Pleasantly surprised that the discounts stacked, was just assuming that it would be equivalent to the additional 15% off.

One thing we have NOT clarified is if this discount is supposed to be available once per person or once per stateroom with future sailings/ WDW bookings. Can we book one vacation or two? I'll be checking with Castaway Club in the morning.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #92
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy
This means that the discount is completely useless to all those Florida residents, since they will have to give up the 25% "goodwill discount" in order to apply their FLR rates.
I've been on 6 cruises. I've only received the FLR rate on 2 of those 6 and it was applied to my cruise that was already booked.

I don't think it's completely useless to all if the FL residents. Perhaps someone wants to cruise on a 3-night when FLR rates aren't even offered?? I know as a FL resident I'd find a way to use it, even though I'm completely uninterested in sailing on another 3-night......

Just curious, do you only sail with FLR rates?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #93
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
I've been on 6 cruises. I've only received the FLR rate on 2 of those 6 and it was applied to my cruise that was already booked.

I don't think it's completely useless to all if the FL residents. Perhaps someone wants to cruise on a 3-night when FLR rates aren't even offered?? I know as a FL resident I'd find a way to use it, even though I'm completely uninterested in sailing on another 3-night......

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
To Wendy&grumpy; Not useless to Fl residents at all. Not every cruise has a FLR. Furthermore, how bout Alaska or the med? You won't find FLR discounts on those.
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #94
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
To Wendy&grumpy; Not useless to Fl residents at all. Not every cruise has a FLR. Furthermore, how bout Alaska or the med? You won't find FLR discounts on those.
For the passengers on the 10/25 Dream cruise, the offer is *only* valid towards a 3 night Dream cruise. My kids would like to try again, but with a 4, 5, or 7 night, not another 3 night. Since the 25% is not valid on any of those, we'll be looking for one with FLR rates - if we decide to give DCL another chance at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Now that we are aware of them and know how to use them, yes. I don't feel it's necessary to pay more (for flights or other itineraries) when there are three ships sailing from Florida. We are more interested in cruising itself than we are in ports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
I imagine they might argue that being able to apply the discount to the FLR rate would be more of an appropriate compensation. But that's never gonna' happen!
Actually, in an email response I received from Rebekah Young, Executive Guest Correspondent of DCL, she stated that the 25% off can indeed be combined with the FLR rates and apologized that I had initially been given incorrect information.

I guess we'll find out for sure if/when we try to use it.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #95
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy

Actually, in an email response I received from Rebekah Young, Executive Guest Correspondent of DCL, she stated that the 25% off can indeed be combined with the FLR rates and apologized that I had initially been given incorrect information.

I guess we'll find out for sure if/when we try to use it.
Wow! That's fantastic! I hope you are able to take advantage of that great combo.
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #96
Castaway April
Mouseketeer

We were on the 10/25 Dream, I wasn't thrilled with everything that happened in terms of trying to sail back to Nassau, but I was happy with the future discount. I also stacked it with an OBB discount for 35 percent off. My parents have decided to take my sister and I and our families in January as a Christmas present for the Grandkids. My parents sure were excited about my 35 percent off too. Also, I just want to say that when I called into DCL, the rep was AWESOME. It is one of the reasons why I love DCL.

Magic Transatlantic 2015 Port Canaveral New York City St John's Reykjavik Oslo Copenhagen
Castaway April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #97
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
I was on the Fantasy sailing with rabidmarmot. Pleasantly surprised that the discounts stacked, was just assuming that it would be equivalent to the additional 15% off.

One thing we have NOT clarified is if this discount is supposed to be available once per person or once per stateroom with future sailings/ WDW bookings. Can we book one vacation or two? I'll be checking with Castaway Club in the morning.
I know that my DH and I booked with the 25% discount AND our adult DD (which traveled with us on Oct 20-27) also received the 25% discount on her future cruise.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #98
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Disney1990 - did your dd stay in the same cabin? Was it all under one reservation number?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #99
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
Disney1990 - did your dd stay in the same cabin? Was it all under one reservation number?
Yes, the 3 of us shared one cabin, under my name.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #100
Wendy&Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
I know that my DH and I booked with the 25% discount AND our adult DD (which traveled with us on Oct 20-27) also received the 25% discount on her future cruise.
I'm guessing that the discount can be used once per passenger, meaning if you had booked your DD with you & DH, she would not have been able to use it to book again, separately.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #101
rabidmarmot
It all started with the theft of a rabbit.

We called DCL Guest Relations and the discount is per person. So, for example, if I booked a cabin for myself and my mother, who wasn't on this cruise, only I would receive the 25% discount. So the discount doesn't apply to a whole reservation just to the passengers who were on the Dream or Fantasy.
DCL: Magic Nov '09 , Wonder Jan '10, Wonder Aug '10, Wonder (Mexico) Feb '11, Dream Oct '11, Fantasy Oct '12 , Dream Nov '12, Dream Dec '12 (3 cruises in 6 weeks is normal, right?), Wonder (Miami) Jan '13 ('cause my baby is crazy) , Wonder (WBPC) May '13, Fantasy Aug '14
rabidmarmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #102
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Is anyone planning on using the discount on a Walt Disney World stay? If they are running promos for the dates I choose, would my 25% be on top if that, like they're letting people stack the discount on top if the FL rates?

Also, how do I get it for WDW? Is WDW Travel aware of the discount??

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #103
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

I'm really glad that the discounts stack for those that were affected by Sandy. THAT'S the DCL service I expect. I'm glad at least they're trying to make it right!
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #104
Wendy&Grumpy

Update!

My kids and I have decided to give DCL another chance and use our discount on a 7 night Fantasy cruise.

My 13yo is still leery, and even more leery that her three older siblings voted for a 7 night rather than 4, but willing to give it a try.

I guess time does heal all wounds.

Anyway, we are currently booked in two 9A GTY's for a total of just under $4200, which combines an old onboard booking we moved and the Sandy discount - which is only $1323 more than DH & I paid for our Fantasy cruise last year!

So to answer the thread question, no, 25% was not 15% in reality - they took off the 10% OBB first and then the 25%.

I'd love to hear from others affected by Sandy who have decided to give DCL another chance!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #105
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
Update!

I'd love to hear from others affected by Sandy who have decided to give DCL another chance!
My wife and I were on that cruise and we just re-booked another 7 night for Feb 2014. For what its worth, we were not really bothered too much by the whole circumstances surrounding the hurricane, even though we were all the way at the front of the boat and high up (Deck 12). The biggest inconvenience for us was getting into port late and the chaos of getting off the ship didn't enable us to make it to the airport and get on our scheduled flight, but we were able to re-book a flight for only a few hours later and our travel insurance covered everything. So in total it was just a few more hours worth of time and no additional expense etc.

The 25% off is great for us as we were able to use it to book a suite again, but I can verify it is only good for those on the cruise, as my wife and I got the discount on our suite for the re-booking but my family who booked the adjoining room didn't get the discount.
mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: