Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #496
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom
Good Morning Popsters....

Arrived at Pop last night about 12:30am.
Check In was smooth....did not have any room requests. We are pref pool view building 5, 3rd floor. Very quite at night but this morning I can hear toilets flush and people talking .... no big deal. Bed is not comfortable and small but it is only a few nights. Since we arrived so last we are just chillin today here at Pop. Later this evening we may head over to the putt-putt then have dinner at Wolf Gang Express.

I'll POP back later....
Hey there Neighbor!! We're in bldg 5 right now too! We're not pool view though. We're ground floor facing away. So far it has been very quiet andI love the location!!
Not sure what to think though when I walked in tonite and the CM said to me "Well Hello there! Weren't you here not that long ago? Welcome Back!"
Better Yet, DD attempted to go to our 'old' room at one point! I guess this is a sign we spend a little too much time here?? LOL!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #497
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Only 7 days until we're 1st time PoPpers!

Thinking through our schedule and need some guidance from the experienced PoPpers out there: We've got a 9:25am ADR @ 1900 Park Fare the day we check-out. Thinking that we'll just pack the car and check-out on our way to breakfast.

Here's the question: What time should we leave PoP to drive to GF, self-park and get to our morning ADR with time to spare? Any other advice always appreciated. TIA!
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #498
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Hey there Neighbor!! We're in bldg 5 right now too! We're not pool view though. We're ground floor facing away. So far it has been very quiet andI love the location!!
Not sure what to think though when I walked in tonite and the CM said to me "Well Hello there! Weren't you here not that long ago? Welcome Back!"
Better Yet, DD attempted to go to our 'old' room at one point! I guess this is a sign we spend a little too much time here?? LOL!
Too funny!! Although it IS nice to be remembered!! And it's a riot that your DD was heading to the prior room you had!!

And it can never be said that one spends TOO much time at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingplans4WDW View Post
Only 7 days until we're 1st time PoPpers!

Thinking through our schedule and need some guidance from the experienced PoPpers out there: We've got a 9:25am ADR @ 1900 Park Fare the day we check-out. Thinking that we'll just pack the car and check-out on our way to breakfast.

Here's the question: What time should we leave PoP to drive to GF, self-park and get to our morning ADR with time to spare? Any other advice always appreciated. TIA!
It's a good plan to check out and pack up the car before heading over to the GF. Keep in mind that self parking at the GF is further away from the resort (the closer parking is reserved for guests at the resort).

Are you planning to go to MK that day?? If so, I would park at Ticket & Transportation and take the monorail to GF. If not, probably leave POP around 8:30 am .... you will arrive early, but you may be able to be seated in advance of your ADR time, or you can just relax in the lobby area...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 11-02-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #499
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

Howdy....I now wish we would have requested ground floor but I was scared of snakes in my room...lol...too much reading online!

Back again....must be nice! Are you s Florida local?
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #500
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
It's a good plan to check out and pack up the car before heading over to the GF. Keep in mind that self parking at the GF is further away from the resort (the closer parking is reserved for guests at the resort).

Are you planning to go to MK that day?? If so, I would park at Ticket & Transportation and take the monorail to GF. If not, probably leave POP around 8:30 am .... you will arrive early, but you may be able to be seated in advance of your ADR time, or you can just relax in the lobby area...
Thank you for the advice, Janet! We're not going to MK that day since we plan to pick oranges at Showcase of Citrus before hitting the road home. We'll prepare to leave POP by 8:30am. We're looking forward to spending some time checking out GF... Maybe they'll even have a few early Christmas decorations for us to see. Thanks again!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #501
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by makingplans4WDW View Post
Thank you for the advice, Janet! We're not going to MK that day since we plan to pick oranges at Showcase of Citrus before hitting the road home. We'll prepare to leave POP by 8:30am. We're looking forward to spending some time checking out GF... Maybe they'll even have a few early Christmas decorations for us to see. Thanks again!
You're very welcome!! The first time we had an ADR at the GF, we drove over, never knowing that non-guests of the resort had to park in a lot further away .. needless to say that was the time we were running behind on our timeframe ... so dropped off everyone, parked and hoofed it back...whew, everything turned out okay, 1900 Park fare was running behind too!!

So, just like to tell others in case people are not aware of the parking situation. And picking oranges sounds like a great way to end your vacation and bring a little bit of the sunshine home with you!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #502
goofgal31
Mouseketeer

27 more days!

Heading back to Pop in 27 days. This will be my first adult only trip (Taking my mom for her 68th birthday), and our first Christmas trip. We were there in august and she loved our room location and my mom absolutely fell in love with our mousekeeper Blanca. So do you think there is a way to request being in the section that Blanca would be working during our visit?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #503
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

One of the many thing I love about PoP is the ability to decorate our room window! Does anyone here do this? The first is a pic of our Halloween window and the scond is our Easter window. I went to the craft store today and found our theme for April; flip-flops and summer fun!

Monica
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #504
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

Howdy....I now wish we would have requested ground floor but I was scared of snakes in my room...lol...too much reading online!

Back again....must be nice! Are you s Florida local?
We have well over 80 days at POP and have NEVER seen one of the legless creatures. I'm not saying they aren't there, but I think it is VERY rare!! and I am Terrified of them!!!
Our home address is in Maryland but I guess you could say we are part-time FL residents by nature!! LOL We love it here!!

Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #505
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have well over 80 days at POP and have NEVER seen one of the legless creatures. I'm not saying they aren't there, but I think it is VERY rare!! and I am Terrified of them!!!
Our home address is in Maryland but I guess you could say we are part-time FL residents by nature!! LOL We love it here!!

We are from MD too....what part you from....Baltimore for us.

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #506
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
Hi! Another Marylander here, will be at POP in 27 days. I live in Pasadena

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #507
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

About 25 miles north of Baltimore in Bel Air.

Oh and did I mention that I have to come back in January?? My older DD is doing the college program so I will be coming back to bring her down for that the middle of January. So just about 65 days after I leave I'll be back again!! Crazy, I know!! LOL! Good thing we bought AP's!!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #508
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

About 25 miles north of Baltimore in Bel Air.

Oh and did I mention that I have to come back in January?? My older DD is doing the college program so I will be coming back to bring her down for that the middle of January. So just about 65 days after I leave I'll be back again!! Crazy, I know!! LOL! Good thing we bought AP's!!

LUCKY!!!!! My DS9 says that he will work here one day....mom is hoping for college program...lol.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #509
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would POP in and give a short report....

Day one we relaxed most of the day then headed down to play Putt Putt...this was a 1st. Winter Summerland is very cute. After two rounds we went downtown for dinner at Wolfgang Express....outstanding!!! A must do!!

Day two...we hit AK at opening....park was not crowded at all till the afternoon but we did not wait in any lines all day. After AK we headed to Chef Mickeys, had a 8pm ressie but arrived at 7pm and was seated. DS9 loves Goofy so CM is a must do for interaction....once again very pleased. Since we were close to MK and the MNSSHP fireworks were getting ready to start we took the monorail over and sat out front to watch. Two CM's were very kind and gave DS two handfuls of candy.

POP has been great...not crowded until tonight. Pool is nice but cold at night. Tomorrow we are headed over to speedway the AoA to explore.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #510
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength
Quote:

Quote:

Hi! Another Marylander here, will be at POP in 27 days. I live in Pasadena
Hi PhoenixStrength!! Nice to meet another Marylander!
I've spent plenty of time over your way at AAMC. More than I care to! I was shocked to find out about Pat Sajack's affliation with AAMC!! WoW!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: