Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #76
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Check with Disney to get clarification before you write off the offer.
The email clearly states that for those on the 10/25 Dream cruise, the 25% discount applies to a 3 night cruise ONLY.

Not only that, but a large percentage of those onboard were/are Florida residents, which DCL knows full well since FLR rates were used to fill a cruise that was half-empty just a month before, and this discount cannot be combined with a FLR rate.

This means that the discount is completely useless to all those Florida residents, since they will have to give up the 25% "goodwill discount" in order to apply their FLR rates.

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #77
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27° 5' 59.199" Longitude -82° 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLE16127 View Post
My problem with most of this isthat I beleive EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion and there are several here who disagree. If it is not their OPINION it is the WRONG opinion. People who say they don't think it was so bad are HORRABLE and UNCARING that is an OPINION some believe it doesn't look so bad.

it is all OPINION then people jump in who were not on the cruise and attack people for opinions. threads are deleted for peoples opinions...is that right or wrong????? I didn't see anything that horrable and as far as realityland and whats she said she didn't seem to have a problem about this storm hitting hundreds of thousands of people in their homes and that was left there. Maybe just maybe people who will be effected took issue with that????? I believe where I am we will get alot of rain and wind so I wait and watch.

You have to look at ALL of it she is saying something offensive to possibly someone and finds that OK yet she blasts others for what they say!!!!

It seems as long as you agree that it was the most horrable thing it is OK if you are someone who thinks it wasn't so bad you are WRONG....and I think that is what alot of people are missing here. if this is a disscussion board then people are here to discuss.
First of all, I am a male.

Refer to my original post ... I clearly quoted JoiseyMom's post that stated the following ... and I directly quote ... "Hey, maybe DCL should have charged them more since they turned it into an E-Ticket Ride! "

That little man rolling around on the ground laughing ... JoiseyMom put that in there. I took offense to that comment, and came to the defense of those that suffered on the Fantasy cruise.

An opinion would be that the storm didn't look as bad as people were saying. JoiseyMom's post was a bit more than an opinion (in my opinion) - it was a jab, using someone's else's suffering for her amusement. It was my opinion that the comment may not have been the most appropriate. I do not want her (or anyone else) to be silenced - they should be free to speak.

My response was as follows ... and I directly quote ...

When Hurricane Sandy wreaks havok in your home state and completely pounds the mid-Atlantic, I can guarantee you that it won't be "an E-Ticket Ride! "

If hundreds of thousands or millions lose power sometime in the next 48 hours, they won't be " " either

In both sentences, there are quotation marks around the "" man. By doing this, I am quoting something that someone else said - in this case, JoiseyMom. The translation (directed at JoiseyMom in my post) ... you may find humor in people suffering through horrendous seas, but when the storm comes calling on you - it may not be nearly so funny then.

Furthermore, I clarified myself when you took issue with me. Again, I directly quote ...

"Hence, my comment that the poster may not find it so funny when the storm pounds on the mid-Atlantic in her back yard. And that the millions without power won't find it very funny either. The point of which was that the misery experienced at sea should not be fodder for joking in the same way that the seriousness of the coming storm is also not funny.

It was in no way, shape or form a jab at the severity of the storm. My head is spinning trying to figure out how you reached that conclusion."

Please feel free to classify my comments in any way that you wish. People can render judgement based on their review of the ENTIRE thread.

I tried to put this to rest by stating ... and I quote myself ...

"Anyway, on a more serious note ... those that are prepping and bracing for the storm, please be safe. I hope for the best possible outcome in this bad situation. There is one thing that we can agree on ... storms kill people and destroy people's lives - whether North, South, East or West."

I agree strongly with you on your point that everyone should be free to debate and speak as they wish - even if you do not agree with their point of view. I didn't like JoiseyMom's post (and neither did at least one person who was unfortunate enough to be stuck on Fantasy) - but that was fine. I responded, she responded. Anyway, we should just move the conversation along at this point.
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #78
BELLE16127
DIS Veteran

Realityland I was not replying to anything you have said....I was posting a reply to EPCOTatNight I was replying to what they said.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #79
realityland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLE16127 View Post
Realityland I was not replying to anything you have said....I was posting a reply to EPCOTatNight I was replying to what they said.
It's all good
Old 10-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #80
realityland
Mouseketeer

Those of us here in Florida are pulling for everyone riding out the storm. We know what you are going through (minus the cold temps and large trees toppling over.) We've been following the storm closely. Stay safe, all.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #81
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
The email clearly states that for those on the 10/25 Dream cruise, the 25% discount applies to a 3 night cruise ONLY.

Not only that, but a large percentage of those onboard were/are Florida residents, which DCL knows full well since FLR rates were used to fill a cruise that was half-empty just a month before, and this discount cannot be combined with a FLR rate.

This means that the discount is completely useless to all those Florida residents, since they will have to give up the 25% "goodwill discount" in order to apply their FLR rates.
Darn, are your Florida rates that good? Better than 25% hurricane discount, plus the 10% discount from rebooking while on the ship and the OBC?

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #82
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990

Darn, are your Florida rates that good? Better than 25% hurricane discount, plus the 10% discount from rebooking while on the ship and the OBC?
Sometimes, yes.

Example: Aug 2010 booked 2A 1C in Cat 7A on 5-night double dip on the Wonder. $4900.

FLR rates released & applied to our reservation. No penalties. Same room. $2400. My Disney Visa was credited $2600.

Second example. Feb 2012 booked 2A 1C in Cat 8A on the Dream 3-night. $1600 after on board booking 10% applied & OBB.

FLR rates released. Upgraded to Cat 5A $1200 & credited $400 to our Disney Visa. The FLR rate was MUCH better deal than the OBB.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #83
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990

They certainly can be. We cruised the 10/28 Dream for less than $1500 for 2 adults and 2 kids in 2 connecting 4B (pixie dusted from 2 4D) cabins. I doubt we'll ever beat that combo of category/connecting rooms and price. But I will sure try.

So yeah, the 25% off isn't so awesome for the Florida residents who can travel during off-peak times (which was when the affected cruise was). On the other hand, it would be a perk during peak times for those who might not otherwise travel then. But as the pp said, so very many of the cruisers on that specific cruise were residents specifically filling an off-season cruise. I imagine they might argue that being able to apply the discount to the FLR rate would be more of an appropriate compensation. But that's never gonna' happen!
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #84
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Did I read ever post? No.
So has anyone confirmed an OBB can be combined with the 25% discount on these sailings effected by "delays"? TIA
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #85
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412
So has anyone confirmed an OBB can be combined with the 25% discount on these sailings effected by "delays"? TIA
Here is the answer from a PP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgroshans
Just spoke with DCL: it is in addition to the 10% rebooking offer. So, we will be getting a total of 35% off our cruise we booked while on board.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #86
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Yes, We rebooked while on the Oct 20-27 cruise. We got the 10% discount and the OBC. When we got off the ship, I called Disney and confirmed that we then got the 25% discount on top of that.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #87
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy&Grumpy View Post
I guess that's where my issue is; I don't feel DCL held up their end. We did not have access to 50% or more of what we paid for... ports, pools, decks, etc... and this was due to bad navigational decisions... not a surprise storm that just happened.

An official decision was made to sail us into a storm, causing us to miss out.

I don't feel that is holding up their end and that is what we will be addressing with DCL directly.

Thank you for your empathy - it is appreciated.
I don't quite get why you keep saying the Dream sailed in to the storm. I live on the east coast of Florida about an hour south of PC. By sat morning, the actual "storm" was north of PC. The Fantasy did end up right in the storm. While there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you guys did indeed experiance very rough seas, the ship(Dream, that is) was never sailed in the storm. The entire east coast of Fl had extremely high seas from 10/24(we were on the Dream that disembarked 10/25) through just yesterday when they finally calmed a little. The winds here were pretty strong through Monday. Yes, the seas were defintely higher on your cruise. Not to mention, there was full moon as well as cool air moving through Florida that weekend. None of which make for very bright skies or calm seas. That really stinks, I feel for you. It truly sucks that bad weather can ruin people's vacations. But I think it's pretty unfair to act as though they sailed you directly in the storm.
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #88
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Yes, We rebooked while on the Oct 20-27 cruise. We got the 10% discount and the OBC. When we got off the ship, I called Disney and confirmed that we then got the 25% discount on top of that.
Wow. We rarely, if ever repeat vacations, but 35%, humm ... tempting.
Thanks all for the reply's. Add that to Costco 10 % and wowy.
I guess it might be DCL again. We did miss CC after all. Definitely a reason alone to book again. These discounts are difficult to pass up.
Thanks
Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #89
rabidmarmot
It all started with the theft of a rabbit.

We were on the Fantasy sailing.

It's not actually 35%, but close. It's 10% for the onboard booking and then the 25% is taken on that reduced amount. Works out to be about 32.5% still good in my book. We just booked an Alaska cruise with these discounts so I can confirm that the discounts stack
DCL: Magic Nov '09 , Wonder Jan '10, Wonder Aug '10, Wonder (Mexico) Feb '11, Dream Oct '11, Fantasy Oct '12 , Dream Nov '12, Dream Dec '12 (3 cruises in 6 weeks is normal, right?), Wonder (Miami) Jan '13 ('cause my baby is crazy) , Wonder (WBPC) May '13, Fantasy Aug '14

Last edited by rabidmarmot; 11-03-2012 at 02:05 AM.
rabidmarmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #90
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidmarmot View Post
We were on the Fantasy sailing.

It's not actually 35%, but close. It's 10% for the onboard booking and then the 25% is taken on that reduced amount. Works out to be about 32.5% still good in my book. We just booked an Alaska cruise with these discounts so I can confirm that the discounts stack

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: