Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #46
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BataviaMom View Post
Hi All - just found this thread! We will be joining you and this will be our first cruise so I don't even know what I don't know. LOL

It will be me and DS who will be 15 when we go. He is a little nervous about the teen club and if he will have fun, being "alone".

We are from Batavia IL and will be staying at Bay Lake Towers for a couple of days after the cruise. We are Disney vets with over 20 trips under our belts - cruising - no clue!

We are excited though!

Jan
Welcome Jan! Congrats on your first cruise - you and your son will have an awesome time! This is a spring break cruise and there will be lots of kids of all ages - your son need not worry about being "alone" - I'm sure he will make some buddies quickly! I have found that reading these boards is the best way to learn about DCL and cruising. This will be our 3rd so if you have any questions, just let me know. I have been on the Dream and the Wonder - loved both of them. If you are interested in joining the FE, let me know and I will add you. (Search FE in the forums for all the info on it - lots of fun!).

Wow - over 20 trips to WDW! We are taking our first trip 11/30 - so excited to see it decorated for the holidays! I know nothing about planning that trip! Staying at FW in our motorhome. Wish us luck!

Happy planning!

Bette

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #47
chwtom
Earning My Ears

what to do if sold out?

We decided today that we want to go on this cruise, but it is completely sold out, not a single cabin left.

I called disney and they said they can waitlist us for concierge rooms, but that didn't sound too promising as the concierge deposits are non-refundable, so I doubt many people cancel.

Any ideas on how else to get a cabin? We would need the deluxe oceanview family or a 1 bedroom. I'd be happy to pay $500 cash to anyone who would transfer me their reservation (if that's not kosher to say, I apologize). I just found out too late about this sailing, and it works a lot better for us than the 3 night leaving on the 28th.
chwtom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #48
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi All - just found this thread! We will be joining you and this will be our first cruise so I don't even know what I don't know. LOL

It will be me and DS who will be 15 when we go. He is a little nervous about the teen club and if he will have fun, being "alone".

We are from Batavia IL and will be staying at Bay Lake Towers for a couple of days after the cruise. We are Disney vets with over 20 trips under our belts - cruising - no clue!

We are excited though!

Jan
It's nice to see some other teens joining. My DD is 16 and it turns out our family friends are cruising with us, with their 15 year old DD. We are all from the Chicago suburbs too, but this is our 2nd Disney cruise. We are 20+ disneyworld visitors as well.
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #49
luvdmouse
Mouseketeer

Starting to think about gifts for the FE. I guess I am a planner...or just excited!!
luvdmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #50
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdmouse
Starting to think about gifts for the FE. I guess I am a planner...or just excited!!
Me too!! Already bought a few supplies! I love this part of the planning!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #51
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwtom View Post
We decided today that we want to go on this cruise, but it is completely sold out, not a single cabin left.
Final payment isn't due until December, I think, so up until that time, there's always the chance of a cancellation. Keep checking every couple of days or have your travel agent periodically check for you.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #52
couchpotato
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BataviaMom

We are excited though!

Jan
We are from Southern IL and this will be our first cruise as well. The DIS boards are very helpful. Search through some of the cruise reports from past cruisers, it is definitely helping me, as I am a planner and like to know what to expect.
couchpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #53
ktmo
Mouseketeer

I am so mad that I didn't book my airfare already. When they came out, prices were high, so I held off and they have only gone higher. Ugh. I just don't know if I should bite the bullet and just get them before they go higher.
June 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2013 - 4 nights on the Dream
October 2013 - Art of Animation
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #54
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chwtom View Post

I called disney and they said they can waitlist us for concierge rooms, but that didn't sound too promising as the concierge deposits are non-refundable, so I doubt many people cancel.

Any ideas on how else to get a cabin? We would need the deluxe oceanview family or a 1 bedroom. I'd be happy to pay $500 cash to anyone who would transfer me their reservation (if that's not kosher to say, I apologize). I just found out too late about this sailing, and it works a lot better for us than the 3 night leaving on the 28th.
Keep trying- people cancel and change their minds all the time. I originally booked cat 11a GTY and then last week saw 9D GTY had opened up for only $64 more.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #55
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:

We are excited though!

Jan
Hi Jan!

I am traveling with just one of my sons this trip- let me tell you, DCL was the only cruiseline he would go on with just me (and not his brother along). He has also been on RCCL, and he refused to go on their ship without a group of friends (we could just drive to the port from here, it would have been very easy). He says (and my 15 year old also says) that they really like Disney best- the CMs are great with the kids, and there is so much more for them to do. Your son will be fine, don't worry!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #56
Ndfor22349
Earning My Ears

Castaway cay cabana

Hello everyone our check in date is approaching and we are looking to book a cabana. We plan on getting one either way but we were wondering if anyone would like to share a cabana?

We are also going to WDW before the cruise March 19- the Sunday. Anyone want to meet up.

Counting the days and can't wait, going to DL in December
Ndfor22349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #57
dastewa
Earning My Ears

We have been booked for a while now, but I just discovered this forum. So much great information and I was shocked to find a community of people mingling months BEFORE the cruise sails!

The FE sounds like fun, we would like to be a part of that as well - I posted my information to the bottom of that thread if you would be kind enough to include us. But now I have to figure out what to do for that...how fun!
dastewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #58
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastewa View Post
We have been booked for a while now, but I just discovered this forum. So much great information and I was shocked to find a community of people mingling months BEFORE the cruise sails!

The FE sounds like fun, we would like to be a part of that as well - I posted my information to the bottom of that thread if you would be kind enough to include us. But now I have to figure out what to do for that...how fun!
So glad you found our group! I have added you to the FE group - be sure to subscribe to both threads so you will receive updates. Have fun planning!

Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #59
EDH Family
Married to the Mouse

Want to join the FE group

Hello all,
We are traveling on this sailing and would love to do the FE. This will be Disney cruise #9 for us! Traveling with DH, DS (age 2), DS (age 7), DS (age 15) + my DS's friend (age 15). My teenager is actually very excited since he is able to bring a friend. We are sailing on the Fantasy in December and will be doing the FE for the first time. Looking forward to meeting everyone! If anyone is able to get a cabana, we are very interested in sharing one. We have one booked for our December sailing, but they sold out within minutes at the 120 mark, for those who were in concierge or who had been on 10+ sailings.

2005 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-December * 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-September * 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Mexican Riviera-June * 2009 Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas-February * 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas-November * 2011 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas-April * 2011 Disney Wonder 7 Night Mexican Riviera-November-Roy Disney Suite! * 2012 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-December * 2013 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas - March * 2013 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western-March * 2013 Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas-August * 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern-April
EDH Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #60
Ndfor22349
Earning My Ears

Get to book excursions Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH Family View Post
Hello all,
We are traveling on this sailing and would love to do the FE. This will be Disney cruise #9 for us! Traveling with DH, DS (age 2), DS (age 7), DS (age 15) + my DS's friend (age 15). My teenager is actually very excited since he is able to bring a friend. We are sailing on the Fantasy in December and will be doing the FE for the first time. Looking forward to meeting everyone! If anyone is able to get a cabana, we are very interested in sharing one. We have one booked for our December sailing, but they sold out within minutes at the 120 mark, for those who were in concierge or who had been on 10+ sailings.

We are hoping to book a cabana when we book. If u are interested in sharing.

Steve
Ndfor22349 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: