Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

At the airport, where can I buy

Hi there. So DW and myself are leaving on our first cruise this coming January and there are 2 products that I would strongly like to procure before cruising. I'm not really concerned about cost and more about convenience.

We are traveling in from Northwestern Ontario, Canada (ie, literally the middle of nowhere) and we do not have the ability to procure Bonine or Seasafe before travelling and I'd really like to get them both.

I realize that I could order Sea-Safe online, however with international travel restrictions I am not allowed to transport in excess of 100ml of fluids/gels, etc. in carry on or checked luggage.

So, I guess what I'm asking after all this rambling is, is it possible to purchase both Sea-Safe and Bonine at MCO?

We're using Disney transportation all the way and have no interest in renting a car. I'd prefer not to have to taxi in to orlando just for these products, due to our travel times. Do they perhaps sell them on the ship, at the airport, where???

Any help from the Disney Experienced would appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
mhconley
Califloridian

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...86&postcount=8

Martin
Walt Disney World off-site: Summer 1972
Polynesian: Summer 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy: June 6-13, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

You can put liquids over 100ml in your checked bag. I have packed 1 liter of hairspray, shampoo,suntan lotion, etc. No problem. It is what you carry onto the plane that they limit.

From TSA
SA and our security partners conducted extensive explosives testing since August 10, 2006 and determined that liquids, aerosols and gels, in limited quantities, are safe to bring aboard an aircraft. The one bag limit per traveler limits the total amount each traveler can bring. Consolidating the bottles into one bag and X-raying them separately from the carry-on bag enables security officers to quickly clear the items.

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume); 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

3-1-1 is for short trips. If in doubt, put your liquids in checked luggage.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

Latest revision: 16 October 2012
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Since the OP is from Canada and presumably flying out of a Canadian airport, TSA regulations aren't applicable. However, I'd be surprised if there weren't an exception to whatever rules apply to them for medical items.

As far as motion sickness medications go, guest services on board will provide them for free on request.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bUg View Post
Hi there. So DW and myself are leaving on our first cruise this coming January and there are 2 products that I would strongly like to procure before cruising. I'm not really concerned about cost and more about convenience.

We are traveling in from Northwestern Ontario, Canada (ie, literally the middle of nowhere) and we do not have the ability to procure Bonine or Seasafe before travelling and I'd really like to get them both.

I realize that I could order Sea-Safe online, however with international travel restrictions I am not allowed to transport in excess of 100ml of fluids/gels, etc. in carry on or checked luggage.

So, I guess what I'm asking after all this rambling is, is it possible to purchase both Sea-Safe and Bonine at MCO?

We're using Disney transportation all the way and have no interest in renting a car. I'd prefer not to have to taxi in to orlando just for these products, due to our travel times. Do they perhaps sell them on the ship, at the airport, where???

Any help from the Disney Experienced would appreciated. Thanks!
This is taken directly from the AirCanada website:

Accepted items include alcoholic beverages, perfume, cologne, aerosols and medicines containing alcohol.

Release valves on aerosols must be protected by a cap or other suitable means to prevent inadvertent release of the contents.

Carry-on baggage:

Liquids gels and aerosols are permitted in carry-on baggage on the following conditions:
They are in containers of 100 ml/100 g (3.4 oz.) or less.
Containers over 100mL/100g (3.4oz) will be confiscated from carry-on baggage at the security checkpoint.
The containers are placed in one (1) clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no larger than 1 litre (1 quart).

Checked baggage:

Liquids, gels and aerosols (e.g. hairspray, medicines containing alcohol, perfume, and cologne) are accepted in checked baggage provided:
Their total capacity does not exceed 2 L or 2 kg (75 fl. oz.).
The net capacity of each single item does not exceed 500 ml or 500 g (18 fl. oz).
The acceptance of alcoholic beverages in checked baggage is based on their alcohol content:
Alcohol content of less than 24%: no limitation on quantity
Alcohol content of more than 24% but less than 70%: maximum 5 L per customer
Alcohol content of over 70%: not allowed in checked baggage.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin....html#-liquids
Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #6
twinstars
Mouseketeer

Yup, it is allowed in checked luggage. I am from Canada. We put contact lense solution, face wash, lotion, etc in our checked luggage, never a problem.
twinstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Since the OP is from Canada and presumably flying out of a Canadian airport, TSA regulations aren't applicable. However, I'd be surprised if there weren't an exception to whatever rules apply to them for medical items.

As far as motion sickness medications go, guest services on board will provide them for free on request.
Which medications to do they provide? Its free? Really? I am here stressing about buying and bringing stuff for my daughter.
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
kuhltiffany
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30

Which medications to do they provide? Its free? Really? I am here stressing about buying and bringing stuff for my daughter.
OP, you can order both Bonine for kids and adults through Amazon.com, that's what we do

kuhltiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerl30 View Post
They have the generic bonine available in the med center and at Guest Services free, in my experience. You can also get a shot (for a fee) at the med center that helps with seasickness.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I would expect that you can pick up Bonine at any newstore at the airport. It may be a small travel-size and might be more expensive than at WalMart but they likely have it. I'm not familiar with Sea-Safe.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
manitobamickey
Mouseketeer

Sea sickness meds

we are from Canada too, never had any issues with taking liquids in our checked luggage, west jet or Air Canada. My experience with sea sickness remedies is this: Gravol is Ok, which you can get at home and take with you, but the free stuff on board (reccommended to us by your server on board from Toronto) works really well and fast. Our best luck though has been the prescription patches for behind the ear. I guess this all depends though on how seasick your DD gets.

Good luck and Enjoy!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Generic bonine is available in a basket outside the medical center on deck 1 and from guest services on deck 3--both at no charge.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: