Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
nannye
DIS Veteran

Looking at the dream but need a Stateroom to sleep 4 adults?

I am looking at the floor plans and when I search for a stateroom to sleep 4 adults, I am looking at the deluxe oceanview stateroom with verandah that will sleep 4-5 and I can only see the 1 bed and 1 couch... how do I fit 4 adults in this room? I can only see it sleeping 3?

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

They figure on two people sleeping in the main bed, one on the couch pull out bed and one in the drop down bed that is over the couch. Some staterooms have murphy beds that fold out of the wall.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I am looking at the floor plans and when I search for a stateroom to sleep 4 adults, I am looking at the deluxe oceanview stateroom with verandah that will sleep 4-5 and I can only see the 1 bed and 1 couch... how do I fit 4 adults in this room? I can only see it sleeping 3?
When you try to make a reservation on the DCL site with 4 people, they will only show you rooms that will accomodate 4 people.

A 4 person room will have a (queen) bed (2 people), a couch, and an upper pull down berth (over couch).

Some rooms have the upper berth others do not.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
nannye
DIS Veteran

So looking on You tube, I found my answer. My they hide those beds well!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Seriously with 4 adults you might want to look into doing 2 rooms....if you want, you can get one with a balcony and one across the hall so all can visit and enjoy the balcony.

Reason? 2 rooms doubles the bathroom, storage, TVs, etc. and depending on the dates, can often be done for the same price as placing 4 people in one room. This is especially true if you choose to go down a category or two since you'll only have 2 in the room.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Seriously with 4 adults you might want to look into doing 2 rooms....if you want, you can get one with a balcony and one across the hall so all can visit and enjoy the balcony.

Reason? 2 rooms doubles the bathroom, storage, TVs, etc. and depending on the dates, can often be done for the same price as placing 4 people in one room. This is especially true if you choose to go down a category or two since you'll only have 2 in the room.
Agree! Honestly, I can't picture 4 adults in one cabin...with one Bathroom. You could price it out for two cabins and the price difference, which I think may be minimal, may just make the difference of your vacation.

I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post

Not to mention, unless it's a particularly small adult, I can't imagine anyone being comfortable on the upper berth. My 60-pound daughter was uncomfortable on the upper berth.
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
Summerl30
Mouseketeer

I'd do two connecting rooms if you want the "all in one big room" experience with more space. or do that family stateroom that holds 5. That chair that turns into a bed looks a tad more comfortable than the pull down bed or the couch.
Summerl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

Another thing to consider is the weight limit on the pull down bunk and is the person comfortable sleeping close to the ceiling and getting into bed via a ladder.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43824701

Personally I'd book two staterooms or depending on your budget check the concierge rooms.

The Magic/Wonder do have the concierge two bedroom suites.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
caribear
I love WDW!

Like others have stated you would need a Deluxe Family Oceanview. If you do this....I suggest 2 share the main bed....one on the sofa bed...and one on the murphey bed. I have shared the main bed with a girlfriend and there was plenty of room....and a friend also slept on the murphy bed which she thought was comfortable (she compared it to a firm memory foam mattress). You can also request an egg crate topper, but they are hard to come by and you may not get one.

I have shared a room with 3 adults before. One person would go back to the room first....take a shower....and be out by the time the 2nd person returned for their shower, ect. There is a curtain to separate the room....plus the 2nd bathroom with a sink/toilet....so it works. Of course this was with family/close friends......but it is doable.

If you all are close friends/family....go for it! You will have fun!!

PS. Bring earplugs!! You never know who snores in their sleep!!
Disney Dream 01/29/2012 RCCL Navigator of the Seas 4-night Western Caribbean 2/17/2011 RCCL Oasis of the Seas 11/6/2010 - an incredible family vacation!!
Disney Magic 2/6/10 - Western Caribbean 8 night adventure!, Disney Wonder - Bahamas 5/06, Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean 12/05, Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 12/01, Sovereign of the Seas - Pre-Honeymoon cruise 03/01, Carnival Sensation- Western Caribbean 9/98
caribear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: