Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I think understanding that it will be a very crowded time and being prepared to deal with / accept that concept is the first step towards having an enjoyable vacation despite the crowds. Managing expectations can make all the difference. Don't plan to do all rides, all shows. Plan some down time at your resort; plan some time to visit the other resorts and see the decorations. My responses to your specific qusetions are below in red...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggroofy View Post

1). We have a few ADRs at MK (e.g. Lunch at CP). I bet we will take the 7:40am boat each morning at hopefully get into MK by 8:00am. We are also traveling with the grandparents. They won't come to the park until noon, what if the park is closed and they could not meet us for lunch?
My understanding is that parks will close in phases - first, closed to non-resort guests; second - closed to anyone without an ADR; third - closed to any further entry for a period of time. Your parents would need to make sure they have a printed copy of your ADR, or at least the ADR #, which could help them gain entry if a park is in a closing phase. It is possible to get into a park later in the day even if it was closed at one point; once people leave, more will be allowed entry. WDW resorts guests will always be allowed entrance to A park, though it may not be your first choice of parks.

2). One of the purpose was to see the Christmas decor and lights, and take pictures. However, if it is too crowded, or if re-admission is declined due to capacity then we may not be able to do so.
Not sure of the question here. I think it is possible to view/enjoy the decor and lights even with crowds. Take pictures when you are there. Correct that re-admission may not be allowed - see above regarding closing phases and allowing entry later in the day. Keep in mind some of the most beautiful decorations will be at the various resorts, which will NOT close to guests; though I recommend using Disney transportation as the parking lots may be full.

3). Will the resorts (e.g. WL) be extremely packed too, say the pool, playground, etc?
Resorts are built for a specific capacity and that includes the pool, playground and public spaces. Only that resorts guests can use the pool; at very busy times the lifeguards are likely to check resort IDs (KTTW) to enforce this. While it may be crowded, I don't think it would be TOO crowded.

4). On Dec 24 we plan to visit AK and have early dinner at Jiko. It's Christmas Eve but I hope AK will be less crowded. If we take Disney Transportation, how do we return to WL from AKL? Shall we take a taxi?
Can't speak for AK being less crowded or not, but it is usually the earliest park to close. To return to WL from AKL if AK is closed, take a bus to DTD and from there take a bus to WL. Taxi is another option and will likely be quicker, but you could take in the sights at DTD enroute if you so desired.

5). IF, we really postpone, and change our reservation to March 2013. What ELSE we can do in Orlando? Our airfare is non-refundable, unchangable, so need to find some alternatives.
There are lots of things to do in Orlando at any time of year. Internationally Drive has several tourist-type attractions. There is also Universal Studios and Sea World, though they might be just as crowded as WDW. I highly recommend touring the various WDW resorts to see the decorations - not all in 1 day but maybe spread it out with a few each day. Also, relaxing at the resort is a terrific idea.

Enjoy your cruise and enjoy your WDW holiday vacation!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Tags
christmas, wilderness lodge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: