Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #34
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
This line of thinking makes no sense yet people always try and deflect the question with it. I noticed that people are spending a lot of time fixated on the private lives of strangers, lives that are and should remain private, so I asked a question. It isn't just about this thread, it is about shows like TMZ, rag magazines that stick their noses and cameras into those private lives, and every other thread that pops up commenting on the private lives of people whom the commenter doesn't personally know. It just makes no sense to me. I concentrate on my own life and the lives of my friends and family, not strangers.
Ironically enough the Dis is pretty much the place where I get info on celebrities. I don't watch any of the shows you mentioned or any reality show for that matter (aside from cooking, survival, travel shows). The only website that would fall into that category that I go to with any regularity is TMZ and even that is only about once a week.

I have no idea why I care, and I'm sure if I knew nothing of their personal life, I would survive and go on just fine. But when it's out there, I read it and for some odd reason find it interesting. A celebrity life is one I will never know, and the more I read, the more grateful I am for that!

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: