Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #3031
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen
Has anyone seen a bounceback deal in the past couple of weeks?
I have never had an offer, or read about one in this thread.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #3032
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Hotel Amenities

These are the amenities found in a Grand Californian hotel room in September 2012:

The bottles have a flip open top and are labeled "Disney Resorts", previously bottles had a larger screw top and were labeled "Grand Californian" with the hotel logo.

The bottles contain: Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Sea Salt Hydrating Body Lotion, Refreshing Mouthwash, Sea Marine Collagen Conditioner, Sea Salt Body Wash.

The tube contains Softening Mint Foot Rub, a nice addition

There are also bars of soap for the sink and shower, but I did not note the type.

Villa Amenities
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #3033
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Another thread has noted that new thermostats are being installed, that automatically shut of the air conditioning.
In some cases while guests are still in the room

I have not encountered one of these thermostats, but a solution was posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtfox View Post
Hold the temp down button and the system power button simultaneously. "BP" will display on the screen. The motion sensor requirement is now bypassed for 24 hours. Enjoy!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #3034
vbecky
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if it makes a difference as far as location towards the main entrance to request a 2 queen room or 2 quenn with trundle bed? thanks

Disneyland 12/12 staying at Grand California
past
Disneyland 7/11 stayed at Park Vue Inn, Disneyland 1 day trip 7/10 stayed at BWPPI, Disneyland 7/09 stayed at BWPPI, Disneyland 8/08 stayed at Grand California, Disneyland 6/07 stayed at Grand California,
Disneyland 5/05 stayed at Grand California
vbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #3035
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbecky View Post
Anyone know if it makes a difference as far as location towards the main entrance to request a 2 queen room or 2 quenn with trundle bed? thanks
2 queen is the most common room, available in all view types.

2 queen with daybed is the least common room, standard view only. All 39 daybed rooms are located at the front of the hotel above the main entrance.

Search this thread for the keyword "daybed" for more information.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #3036
vbecky
Mouseketeer

So if i want to be toward the main entrance of hotel which if I remember correctly is close to the exit to DTD to head to parks I should keep my request for a trundle 2 queen bed? I wonder tho with only being 3 of us if they will end up giving that room to someone with more guests? Thanks

Disneyland 12/12 staying at Grand California
past
Disneyland 7/11 stayed at Park Vue Inn, Disneyland 1 day trip 7/10 stayed at BWPPI, Disneyland 7/09 stayed at BWPPI, Disneyland 8/08 stayed at Grand California, Disneyland 6/07 stayed at Grand California,
Disneyland 5/05 stayed at Grand California
vbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #3037
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbecky View Post
So if i want to be toward the main entrance of hotel which if I remember correctly is close to the exit to DTD to head to parks I should keep my request for a trundle 2 queen bed? I wonder tho with only being 3 of us if they will end up giving that room to someone with more guests?
There was at least one post, where a reservation for 5 adults received a daybed room without a specific request.

I received a daybed room without a request, but the hotel was not very busy (and it was ready at 7AM ).

You might want to request a room near the lobby elevators
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #3038
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

CL questions

This is our first ever DL visit and we are staying CL premier view.What is the view like? I am curious about sleeping four people. We will need a pull-out or a day bed. Also, has anyone ever had the holiday room decorating done? I was told they will do your room before you even walk in and that it is magical. Is it? Also, is the breakfast just continental? Is there anything hot? We are so excited, but there is so much to plan. Thank you for this help.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #3039
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

World of Color Fastpasses

Do the WoC fastpasses guarantee you a seat? Isn't it a show? Are they still giving out fastpasses to hotel guests? I am obviously confused. Things at DL are very different from WDW.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #3040
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

Hi lucysmom

We have stayed GCH concierge level several times but have only had a pool or monorail garden view, so can't help you there. The only room types at that level we have had were king with a loveseat/sofa bed or 2 queens...as far as WOC FPs, there is no seating like WDW, just designated areas that you have guaranteed access for viewing. We just went early, brought a beach towel and plopped right down for a good viewing spot . I will add that we have only gotten WOC FPs with a dining experience, either Carthay Circle or Wine Country Trattoria.

The breakfast is really just continental, I guess...but really delicious, IMO...there will be something hot as an appetizer from 5-7 PM.

We've never done a holiday in-room celebration, but have done a birthday one. The room was decorated for my family before they arrived and it was very special.

BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #3041
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
This is our first ever DL visit and we are staying CL premier view.What is the view like? I am curious about sleeping four people. We will need a pull-out or a day bed.
If you NEED a daybed, none exist with premier view
There are daybed rooms close the the concierge lounge, but unfortunately there is no guarantee you will get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Do the WoC fastpasses guarantee you a seat? Isn't it a show? Are they still giving out fastpasses to hotel guests?
Hotel guests are not getting any special treatment for WOC, since it is quite easy to get the passes. You should consider eating at Carthay Circle to get a Preferred Dining WOC fastpass

Read this 76 page thread about WOC...
World of Color Superthread
You only need to read the recently updated first post, and the last page or 2
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #3042
lucysmom
DIS Veteran

Wow! Things are so different from WDW. There are no seats for W of C? You just sit on the ground? I guess we will have to skip it. My DH cnnot sit on the ground due to leg condition. Is there handicapped seating for guests with disabilities? If so maybe we can do that. I am overwhelmed with how to organize this trip. I can do WDW blindfolded, but DL is all new to me. We are excited about going for the holiday decorations. Thanks for helping me.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #3043
BunnieGene
Mouseketeer

You're right, it's very different. We are long time WDW vets as well...it took a visit or 2 to California for me to really appreciate it...and now I prefer it to WDW.

And actually the sitting for WOC is just while you wait...then you get to STAND

BunnieGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #3044
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Nonsuch;46611255]

Hotel guests are not getting any special treatment for WOC, since it is quite easy to get the passes. You should consider eating at Carthay Circle to get a Preferred Dining WOC fastpass

We just had lunch @ Carthay Circle today & got the fastpasses for WOC (did not ask for them but came with the meal) but where is the special viewing area? We were not planning on seeing the show tonight but if the view is better than the front by the railing then we shall go back tonight just for the show!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #3045
Torgue
Mike

What is the fastest way to get to Cars Land on an EEM morning at DCA?

Torgue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: