Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #586
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

To quote my favorite Mr Fixit, Tim "The Toolman" Taylor, "Back the truck up!" Cause Kara is back with the REAL story. Kinda like Paul Harvey.... but not really.

We awoke on our sea day to Heidi wanting to go play the Great Mouse Detective on board, so off we went.

This was such a fun interactive game all over the ship - kinda like Kim Possible in Epcot - well, almost EXACTLY like Kim Possible. But not really. Cause Epcot is not a ship. It's not on the sea, and Mickey is a detective, not Kim Possible. OK, so it's not the same. Only it is..... Get it?

I'm thinking Mickey did a little dance for Heidi, can't remember though. Did we have mimosas for breakfast?????

I think it was just Heidi, Joan and I. Not sure where Cammie went, but I"m thinking she was up worshipping the sun....

We headed back to the cabin to get dressed for our Palo brunch. Not sure, but I may love brunch better than dinner in Palo. There is just so much to choose from, and since Heidi posted all those pics, I won't bore you again too much...... But it is much more relaxing at brunch, plus it's beautiful to sit up there during the day and watch the sea moving by (although, going 2KTS, we weren't moving too fast) rather than watching the night, just doing what the night does......

Marko was absolutely fabulous, and when we found out later that day that he was our favorite Pink bartender, Alenka's, husband, well, we loved him even more!!!!

This may or may not have been my first plate at brunch. If it was, I'll deny it.....

AHA!!!! I KNEW mimosas came into play at some time!!!

This may or may not have been my second plate.....

This may or may not have been a pizza that I enjoyed...... but not alone. Or did I?

This may or may not have been my first plate of desserts....

This may or may not have been another dessert....

Somehow I became disentangled from my friend Nikon Davis V. But I just call him Nikon D5000. Cause we go back a long way..... So I have ZERO pics from the afternoon up on deck! What is up with that?????

But Ellen did a marvelous job of capturing the essence of the 666 deck, along with my licking the window peering into the private deck of suite guests. Thanks for that, Ellen.

And our ride along the AquaDuck and the adult pool area, absolutely NOTHING could keep us cool that day!!!! I will never again complain about the breeze blowing my hair all over the place when we are at sea! This was absolutely HOT just bobbing around offshore of the Bahamas. Ugh!

Which is why, we did what any good mother does when she's away from her family for a few days with her girlfriends.... we headed to have drinks!!!!!

Our own private champagne tasting!!!! Bless her heart, Alenka just did not get what we were trying to do when we first accosted her in Pink. But by the time the lightbulb went off , she was the BEST friend a girl could ask for!!!!!

And the creme de la creme. Or the champagne de la champage. Or the drink de la drink.....

Ice Ice Baby!!!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #587
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Say what you will about my Princess Leia of the previous night, but, no matter what, I think Miss Kara is still queen of the ITSK-

I'd like to thank the Academy for this honor. I take this award seriously, and I will do my best to uphold the standards for ITSK for as long as I hold this crown. Thank you and God Bless you all!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #588
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

So... Let me see if I have this right- I woke up, put my hair in braids to go be a detective while impersonating a yodeler, then went back to the cabin, undid my braids, went to palo, went to the pool, then put my hair back in braids for pink & pirate nite.

Yea- that makes sense...
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #589
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Looks like a wonderfully full day and full tummies, too! Heidi and ITSK need to take it on the road! Of course, you might have to have guest appearances by Princess Leia!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #590
karajeboo

Quote:
So... Let me see if I have this right- I woke up, put my hair in braids to go be a detective while impersonating a yodeler, then went back to the cabin, undid my braids, went to palo, went to the pool, then put my hair back in braids for pink & pirate nite.

Yea- that makes sense...
I knew you'd catch me on that! After I reread it I realized I had it all backwards.... plus Cammie sunbathing was AFTER Palo.... duh!

Go check your Little Tykes evac shelter.....

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #591
karajeboo

AFter Heidi braided/unbraided/braided/unbraided/braided her hair time and time again..... It was time for the rest of the pirate gang to get ready.

After all, it was CONEHEAD Pirate Night!!!

Along the way to dinner, we ran into this guy. I think he drives the boat. I mean ship. Does it drive anyone else nuts when people call it a "boat?"

Once we made it to dinner, I think I ordered the Jerk Chicken Salad - jerk-seasoned chicken strips over fresh crispy greens with a citrus dressing and plantain chips for an appetizer

Someone ordered the The Dutchmen's Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef - thick cut of beef with oven-roasted sweet potatoes and a black spot tomato with deep red wine glaze for an entree:

Then someone had the Treasures of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops - served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce. I had this on another cruise so I'm thinking it wasn't me. Not me!!!! But then again, maybe it was.....

I do know I had Rum Soaked Chocolate Cake - with raspberry glaze and whipped cream

OK, I have a confession. I accepted photobucket's offer to use their new site and ITS AWFUL!!!! My photos are all out of order now so I can't figure out a timeline. I've got dinner photos mixed in with champagne tasting, mxed in with Heidi on the hunt. I'm so confused. And that doesn't take much....

At some point we ventured up on deck for Pirate Party. Why didn't Cammie join us? Who misses Pirate Party on a Disney cruise?????

OK, here's my take on Pirate Party Magic vs Dream. The Magic is geared toward the young and the young at heart. There's lots of characters dancing to upbeat, fun, popular music. I have pirate party music on my phone and love it when I'm running or exercising. It really gets me going!

The Dream was a lot darker. Still characters but it seemed almost "scary" at times to me. Now I AM a wimp, so that may have something to do with it, but it just wasn't as much fun to me.....

Even the backdrop that is used on the Dream is more intense than the Magic. Just my opinion.....

But of course, you can't beat THIS!!!!

I think we had to stop in and see our girl Alex for one last sip of the night.... Of course it was my favorite martini.... OohLaLa!

We headed back to the room and found Cammie snuggled up with Jimmy Kimmel so we giggled awhile and finally fell asleep, VERY excited for our stop at Castaway Cay the next day!!!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #592
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

When I did the Dream last year there was a family/kid friendly pirate show between the 2 dinners and then before the fireworks something else. I will see next week if they still offer it. I really liked the family show.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #593
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Kara - are you sure it's Photobucket, and not all the champagne from the day that's mixing everything up?

Heidi, er, Ellen, I hope you're all safe, dry, and have power!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #594
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Kara - are you sure it's Photobucket, and not all the champagne from the day that's mixing everything up?
EXACTLY what I was thinking LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #595
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Subbing in because I do not want to miss CC day!

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #596
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Yea- I'm safe and dry- I'm in wdw! We are livin large in a Jambo gv- it is incredible! On our way to dhs- having a blast. Seriously feel like a rock star staying in the gv- yesterday I took a jacuzzi bath while watching Stacy on the flat screen- AWESOME!!! Btw- I spoke w concierge for our dismom trip- we are all set w adrs and the sunrise safari - woohoooo! After this trip, I think I can say I have a favorite dvc- and it's akv- <3
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #597
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
I'd like to thank the Academy for this honor. I take this award seriously, and I will do my best to uphold the standards for ITSK for as long as I hold this crown. Thank you and God Bless you all!
You are the Quenn of ITSK , noone can ever dream of taking that title from you( nor would they want to)
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #598
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay Kara I have to hand it to you with you alledged plates of food , I am in awe of your alledged appetite !!
[/B][/URL]
[
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #599
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Oooh Mr Kotteeerr !! I haver a question Can you buy the pirate Bandanas on the ship!!!or boat whichever has them
[/B][/URL]
[

Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #600
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea- I'm safe and dry- I'm in wdw! We are livin large in a Jambo gv- it is incredible! On our way to dhs- having a blast. Seriously feel like a rock star staying in the gv- yesterday I took a jacuzzi bath while watching Stacy on the flat screen- AWESOME!!! Btw- I spoke w concierge for our dismom trip- we are all set w adrs and the sunrise safari - woohoooo! After this trip, I think I can say I have a favorite dvc- and it's akv- <3
YIPEEE can't wait to see you all again

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: