Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #166
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamprfct View Post
Door magnets?!?!! A whole new exciting world
Now im just gettting a bit nervous about cruising for the first time ever and with a 13 week old!
Just stay calm... If I ever were to cruise with a 13 week old it would be on Disney. You shall do fine
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #167
3dogday
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." JB
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1

I will be joining you, along with 5 other 50-ish adults, 3 couples. My first DCL cruise, really looking forward to getting aboard!!!

Does anybody have any suggestions, or ideas, for local operators of shore excursions in Cabo San Lucas? I want to try something out of the ordinary, not a ship shore excursion. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Just over a month to go!!!
3dogday is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #168
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears
 
ptkreuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dogday View Post
I will be joining you, along with 5 other 50-ish adults, 3 couples. My first DCL cruise, really looking forward to getting aboard!!!

Does anybody have any suggestions, or ideas, for local operators of shore excursions in Cabo San Lucas? I want to try something out of the ordinary, not a ship shore excursion. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Just over a month to go!!!
For what it's worth, in my humble opinion, the ship's shorex are the only way to go because we are in Mexico. Things were different a couple years ago, but now I would stick with the ship's recommendations. Like I said, Just my humble opinion.

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #169
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

THANK YOU to everyone who posted/sent/emailed good wishes, thoughts, prayers and vibes. We survived Sandy a little dented, but with our spirits intact. Many of the things "down the shore" that I grew up with are now gone, but we're strong and we will rebuild. I was very lucky, and my home only lost power for a few hours. My station...well, it's been rather dark and cold for over 24 hours now, but power will return soon. Thank you all again!

Now, about the door magnets...I have tried a few different things. Printing on the magnetic paper is nice, but can get expensive. Printing on regular paper, then laminating and using magnets on the back is pretty simple to do. They actually sell magnetic "tape" (it's sticky on the back) at craft stores, for less than $5. We usually do that, as I like to make new and different ones for each trip. You can also laminate a picture printed on photo paper and use the magnets on the back - but beware, this method can produce some bubbles in your laminating!

And our FE. My earlier estimate stands - 11 rooms, 23 adults and 8 children. It grew a LOT in the last little while! Woohoo and welcome aboard! I will be sending the list out via PM tomorrow.

For now...back to work! I have to get it done...we leave for California in 4 weeks!!!
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #170
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
THANK YOU to everyone who posted/sent/emailed good wishes, thoughts, prayers and vibes. We survived Sandy a little dented, but with our spirits intact. Many of the things "down the shore" that I grew up with are now gone, but we're strong and we will rebuild. I was very lucky, and my home only lost power for a few hours. My station...well, it's been rather dark and cold for over 24 hours now, but power will return soon. Thank you all again!

Now, about the door magnets...I have tried a few different things. Printing on the magnetic paper is nice, but can get expensive. Printing on regular paper, then laminating and using magnets on the back is pretty simple to do. They actually sell magnetic "tape" (it's sticky on the back) at craft stores, for less than $5. We usually do that, as I like to make new and different ones for each trip. You can also laminate a picture printed on photo paper and use the magnets on the back - but beware, this method can produce some bubbles in your laminating!

And our FE. My earlier estimate stands - 11 rooms, 23 adults and 8 children. It grew a LOT in the last little while! Woohoo and welcome aboard! I will be sending the list out via PM tomorrow.

For now...back to work! I have to get it done...we leave for California in 4 weeks!!!
Glad to hear you faired well and with not too many "bruises" I hope clean-up goes smoothly and that your community has angels with with helping out

Magnetic tape huh? Might have to look into that. Do they sell that at Hobby Lobby?
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #171
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 68

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
THANK YOU to everyone who posted/sent/emailed good wishes, thoughts, prayers and vibes. We survived Sandy a little dented, but with our spirits intact. Many of the things "down the shore" that I grew up with are now gone, but we're strong and we will rebuild. I was very lucky, and my home only lost power for a few hours. My station...well, it's been rather dark and cold for over 24 hours now, but power will return soon. Thank you all again!

Now, about the door magnets...I have tried a few different things. Printing on the magnetic paper is nice, but can get expensive. Printing on regular paper, then laminating and using magnets on the back is pretty simple to do. They actually sell magnetic "tape" (it's sticky on the back) at craft stores, for less than $5. We usually do that, as I like to make new and different ones for each trip. You can also laminate a picture printed on photo paper and use the magnets on the back - but beware, this method can produce some bubbles in your laminating!

And our FE. My earlier estimate stands - 11 rooms, 23 adults and 8 children. It grew a LOT in the last little while! Woohoo and welcome aboard! I will be sending the list out via PM tomorrow.

For now...back to work! I have to get it done...we leave for California in 4 weeks!!!
glad to hear you are doing ok!
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #172
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer
 
jtiggerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 85

Glad you are alright

Sounds like you came through better than lots of areas, so thankful for that. I hope all is well at your station by the time you read this note.

I love the fact my wife reminded me last night that a month from then we would be in a hotel at disneyland... and of course that made me smile. Hope everyone else is doing well and hope to hear from everyone soon... remember to get sizes and fav. characters to me soon because I will be doing my order soon.
__________________
jtiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #173
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears
 
ptkreuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37

I had no idea you were near the devastation of Sandy. I'm happy to hear you and yours are safe and sound!!!

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #174
Brenna D
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19

Hope everyone is doing ok on the east coast!!
Brenna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #175
Brenna D
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 19

Just wanted to make sure you got all our sizes and favs...I am SO excited about this..it is our first Disnay Cruise. We are all adults and LOVE cruising so this will be a fantastic experience.

Mike- XL Mickey Mouse
Tami- XL Mickey Mouse
Brenna-M Cars or Elastagirl
Bradi (female) XL Ariel, Remy, or Repunzel
Bryan-L Legos Pirates of the Carribean or Goofy

Thank you again. We have about a month and I am SO thrilled to be a part of the FE. Cant wait to get my gifts done!! Have a great day
Brenna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #176
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

We are reeling from the storm, but I have such a great vacation to look forward to...it's keeping me going at times. I personally was very lucky, and my town fared well. We still have sections without power, but overall...we have trees and power lines blocking our roads; other places have boats and buildings blocking them. Gas is running short, and so many families are in shelters and lost nearly everything...I have been lucky myself, but as we get out and around to assist other communities, the damage is just staggering. We certainly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers being sent our way!

I have sent the FE list out via PM. Please PM or email me if there are any errors, or if you have room numbers to add (we have a couple of TBAs on the list! Wishing you ) For the moment, it's back to work...just came home to rest, shower, and get my mail - WHICH INCLUDED CRUISE DOCUMENTS! Oh, I need this cruise now more than ever!!!
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #177
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
We are reeling from the storm, but I have such a great vacation to look forward to...it's keeping me going at times. I personally was very lucky, and my town fared well. We still have sections without power, but overall...we have trees and power lines blocking our roads; other places have boats and buildings blocking them. Gas is running short, and so many families are in shelters and lost nearly everything...I have been lucky myself, but as we get out and around to assist other communities, the damage is just staggering. We certainly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers being sent our way!

I have sent the FE list out via PM. Please PM or email me if there are any errors, or if you have room numbers to add (we have a couple of TBAs on the list! Wishing you ) For the moment, it's back to work...just came home to rest, shower, and get my mail - WHICH INCLUDED CRUISE DOCUMENTS! Oh, I need this cruise now more than ever!!!

Glad to hear you are safe and sound, will keep you in my prayers. This trip will be even more needed for you guys I cannot imagine what everyone must be going through over there.

Yeah got the list
Been working hard on my gifts, so far everything looks great. I am going to have a had time giving them to people. Needless to say I will be making extra for Adam and I. I did have to change up my design a little due to the increase in people. My original design would of had me making gifts into the new year.

So as I am making my gifts I started thinking they might not pertain to the little ones, those of you with kiddos what sort of things are they into? Reading? movies? Toys? treats? A little input would be helpful
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #178
dreamprfct
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Glad to hear you are safe and sound, will keep you in my prayers. This trip will be even more needed for you guys I cannot imagine what everyone must be going through over there.

Yeah got the list
Been working hard on my gifts, so far everything looks great. I am going to have a had time giving them to people. Needless to say I will be making extra for Adam and I. I did have to change up my design a little due to the increase in people. My original design would of had me making gifts into the new year.

So as I am making my gifts I started thinking they might not pertain to the little ones, those of you with kiddos what sort of things are they into? Reading? movies? Toys? treats? A little input would be helpful
my kids are pretty easy to please (still young ) --but they love books and movies
thanks!! I just got my first batch of FEs and have more ideas (I don't have the time to craft, so everyone will have to settle for store bought from us )
dreamprfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #179
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamprfct View Post
my kids are pretty easy to please (still young ) --but they love books and movies
thanks!! I just got my first batch of FEs and have more ideas (I don't have the time to craft, so everyone will have to settle for store bought from us )
see thats the smart thing to do ... I don't have time to craft either, but I'm . Once I get an idea in my head I can't get it out and have to do it. Which puts me where I am now ... to be honest once I got started and realized what I was in for I wanted to switch my idea to non handmade items, but I had already bought the stuff and couldn't turn back
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #180
ambertrand
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6

Hi
I recieved your PM clarifying t shirt size, but I am still unable to PM so that was a medium child for my daughter (9). Hope this clarifies things. Count down is on, in one month form today we will be sailing. Wow
ambertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.