Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #1501
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Did not work

bigbabyblues, I tried that one time but you do know how tired my hand got after the first few dozens?

I have giant ones on my walker and t shirts and I make up greeting cards from a website and that will have to do. At Christmas I have a stocking filled with treats for the children I meet.

I am hard to miss.

Slightly Goofy
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #1502
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,897

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
Have no fear: the moral police have no interest in our posts because this is not the GF
ding ding ding......
we have a winner!!



yea, and we can talk about the LGM we took from the Home Depot before they put a stop to it.



__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #1503
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Luster, do you mean to say that we are just 'low rent' types?

Truth is I do not like the GF et al because I like to go barefooted and I sometimes scratch where it itches.

I just love running around some high rent places because some folks act like my fat is contagious. If they really tick me off I will go in a dress shop and act like I want to try something on.

SG

Too funny
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #1504
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Kidding?

Oh, you thought I was kidding?
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #1505
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Oh, you thought I was kidding?
Oh girlfriend: I have bad news. Because of the storm the college I teach part time at had to close for 2 days, no electric. So they pushed back final exams for this semester a couple of days. So needless to say I had to cancel my trip and am going in february instead. I am heart broke but work gets in the way But now I can enjoy disney on my birthday


I just redid my ticker for the end of January 2013. When will you be there?

Last edited by lustergirl; 11-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #1506
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Better late3 than never Luster. This means you will not have FD? I am not sure of our dates. I have some other things to accomplish before I can put my mind to it and we have friends from The Villages who are going to join us so we have to consult with them.

It would be nice to make you suffer through my rendition of "Happy Birthday"!

SG/Linda
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #1507
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Better late3 than never Luster. This means you will not have FD? I am not sure of our dates. I have some other things to accomplish before I can put my mind to it and we have friends from The Villages who are going to join us so we have to consult with them.

It would be nice to make you suffer through my rendition of "Happy Birthday"!

SG/Linda
NO FD. I have a room discount for $68 a night, not too shabby. I am going down 1/27 (sunday) and returning 2/1 (that friday).
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #1508
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

tad bit late

Luster, I think our plans are for a bit earlier in the month. I am looking at the same code. It will be a relaxing trip that time and we will catch the things that were too crowded on this trip. If the room rates were the $49 they used to be we would go a whole lot more often. It just feels wrong to pay for a motel when you live only an hour away but I cannot drive safely after dark. Even if we had bought a place nearer I still would have had to pay for a room.

I will mark your dates on my calendar, just in case. I hope it comes true and you do not have to change again.

SG/Linda
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #1509
babynala
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
NO FD. I have a room discount for $68 a night, not too shabby. I am going down 1/27 (sunday) and returning 2/1 (that friday).
Lustergirl - Bummer that you had to change your trip. Is everything back to "normal" now that the power has been restored?

I will be at AS Sports during that same time frame. Hope to see you around. Also, I'm not 100% sure your ticker is working.
__________________
Me (Liz) DH DD (12) DS (9)


babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #1510
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Lustergirl - Bummer that you had to change your trip. Is everything back to "normal" now that the power has been restored?

I will be at AS Sports during that same time frame. Hope to see you around. Also, I'm not 100% sure your ticker is working.
Everything is back to normal at the college I teach. We didn't get it bad here in Buffalo, just a bunch of rain and wind. Here's posting to see if my tickers are working
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #1511
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Luster, I think our plans are for a bit earlier in the month. I am looking at the same code. It will be a relaxing trip that time and we will catch the things that were too crowded on this trip. If the room rates were the $49 they used to be we would go a whole lot more often. It just feels wrong to pay for a motel when you live only an hour away but I cannot drive safely after dark. Even if we had bought a place nearer I still would have had to pay for a room.

I will mark your dates on my calendar, just in case. I hope it comes true and you do not have to change again.

SG/Linda
So I have been trying for days to get a ressie at the new Be Our Guest Restaurant for when I am vacationing- yea no go JOE!!! I wouldn't mind going to the Desert Party at MK either, but once again that is a no go
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #1512
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Lustergirl - Bummer that you had to change your trip. Is everything back to "normal" now that the power has been restored?

I will be at AS Sports during that same time frame. Hope to see you around. Also, I'm not 100% sure your ticker is working.
When do you arrive? I will be the one at the pool bar sipping on a margarita
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #1513
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Don't give up hope

Luster, I am not sure if this will work as Be Our Guest is so new, but I have often found that if I walk up I can often get in. It is amazing how many folks do not show up for their ressies and there are vacancies at the last minute. You could go for lunch and have a bit of sense of the place if the dinner fails too. If you have one of those fancy phones I also think you can check, from wherever you are, on vacancies too. I hope it works out.

BTW, did you note that the American Pavillion now has some good food, including a steak dinner? I am so glad I saw that as it is a convenient place but the food has always been a big yawn.

SG
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #1514
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Luster, I am not sure if this will work as Be Our Guest is so new, but I have often found that if I walk up I can often get in. It is amazing how many folks do not show up for their ressies and there are vacancies at the last minute. You could go for lunch and have a bit of sense of the place if the dinner fails too. If you have one of those fancy phones I also think you can check, from wherever you are, on vacancies too. I hope it works out.

BTW, did you note that the American Pavillion now has some good food, including a steak dinner? I am so glad I saw that as it is a convenient place but the food has always been a big yawn.

SG
Thanks for the tip. I will try just a walk up, who knows I may get lucky I have ressies at:

Boma for dinner (AKL)
Rainforest Cafe for lunch (AK), figure I will catch the parade afterwards.
Coral Reef for Lunch (EPCOT)
La Hacienda de San Angel (EPCOT) for dinner the first night I am there. Figure I will have dinner there and catch MK, they are open late that night.
Kona Cafe for breakfast (I love the Poly).

I usually don't eat that much while enjoying a solo trip but this time around I am treating myself I also would like a new camera, something fancy, to take pictures with. Who knows maybe Santa will be nice to me
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #1515
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Not sure

Luster, I am not sure if you can depend on Santa. Were you nice or naughty or even naughtily nice?

Go, have and fun and who knows we may be there then too. I am too busy figuring out this trip to do the other one as yet.

SG
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: