Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #1516
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Just booked my October 2013 trip!!! WL - so excited !!

Now I have all of my 2013 trips booked!!

Jan - boardwalk villas
May - Bay Lake tower
August - Grand Floridian and
October - Wilderness lodge!!!
Wow. That's a nice year.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #1517
PSULion
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
nyrebecca: Has your move been impacted by Sandy? Do you have power?

You've eased the minds of so many. I bet they all had sweet dreams tonight. I've worried about that, too, especially losing our Tables in Wonderland which has a $50 replacement fee.

No apologies needed here. Your request is correct, and if you would like to not have a solid balcony railing, you could also request a 5th floor room which is the highest with a see-through railing.
Thanks! I just always hate asking questions when I know I've seen the answer before. I think I'll just leave the request as "upper floor." I'm not too concerned with the balcony railing, just thought maybe we'd get lucky and see some fireworks when we're back at the room for little ones to go to bed.

We are SUPER excited for our first stay at WL next week!!!
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #1518
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion View Post
Thanks! I just always hate asking questions when I know I've seen the answer before. I think I'll just leave the request as "upper floor." I'm not too concerned with the balcony railing, just thought maybe we'd get lucky and see some fireworks when we're back at the room for little ones to go to bed.

You are going to love it!!! Enjoy!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #1519
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

I am sooooo excited for our upcoming FW Disney vacation. Arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving!!!! I've always wanted to stay here!!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #1520
Minnie
DIS Veteran

We just returned from an absolutely fabulous trip - we started with 3 days at the BC and then moved "home" to the WL Our room was on the 4th floor inner courtyard and we had a fabulous view of the upper Wishes fireworks. The best nights were for Hallowwishes as these are even higher than the standard and wow of wow it was something I'll never forget - it simply doesn't get any better than this

We enjoyed the BC but there is something so special so relaxing about the WL that is something I just cannot explain - cares of the crazy world just slips away.

I can highly recommend the new Chef at the WL - he made me an amazing gluten free breakfast and lunch! While we didn't go for dinner (the skillet only does not work for us) the other meals were delicious, safe, and full of options. Roaring Forks managers also took very good care!

Oh and the new renovations are beautiful - lots of hidden Mickeys!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #1521
jsantini
Disney Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I can highly recommend the new Chef at the WL - he made me an amazing gluten free breakfast and lunch! While we didn't go for dinner (the skillet only does not work for us) the other meals were delicious, safe, and full of options. Roaring Forks managers also took very good care!
This is so reassuring; thanks for sharing! I am making my first trip to WL in Dec and it will also be my first trip to WDW since having to go gluten free. Hearing other people's experiences helps ease my worries! Any other gluten free favorites from your trip?
Aug 2006 CSR
Dec 2007 CSR
Dec 2009 CSR
Dec 2012 WL
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #1522
guarn3md
DIS Veteran

On our way! At Reagan National Airport waiting for our flight!! Woohoo!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #1523
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Just booked my October 2013 trip!!! WL - so excited !!

Now I have all of my 2013 trips booked!!

Jan - boardwalk villas
May - Bay Lake tower
August - Grand Floridian and
October - Wilderness lodge!!!
You end the year on a high note! Congratulations on being all booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrmn View Post
We are coming from Wales Dec 6th and staying at Wilderness Lodge Dec 13 - 20th. Are we excited? OH YES!!! We have never stayed here before and are thoroughly looking forward to it. We have a woods view but were wondering the best floor or room to try and request. Our son John will be 12 and he loves Disney as much as his mam, Donna and myself. Any tips or advice gratefully received. Our thoughts have been with those affected by Sandy.
Welcome! Some prefer to see some of Wishes so they request a North Wing room on a high floor. Best not to request a specific room number, except as an example, because if that number isn't available, the room assignor won't know why you requested it and will have difficulty assigning a similar room.

Don't forget to look at the first page for activities and recreation that your family might enjoy. Also, there is a non-stop bus to the MK, which often gets overlooked.

Let us know if you have any questions and have a wonderful trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion View Post

You're welcome and we're happy to try an answer any questions - new or old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonR View Post
I am sooooo excited for our upcoming FW Disney vacation. Arriving the Saturday after Thanksgiving!!!! I've always wanted to stay here!!
FW, as in Ft. Wilderness? Are you staying there or Wilderness Lodge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
We just returned from an absolutely fabulous trip - we started with 3 days at the BC and then moved "home" to the WL Our room was on the 4th floor inner courtyard and we had a fabulous view of the upper Wishes fireworks. The best nights were for Hallowwishes as these are even higher than the standard and wow of wow it was something I'll never forget - it simply doesn't get any better than this

We enjoyed the BC but there is something so special so relaxing about the WL that is something I just cannot explain - cares of the crazy world just slips away.

Oh and the new renovations are beautiful - lots of hidden Mickeys!
Thank you for letting us know about your split stay and your experience with your gluten diet. Will you do another split in the future?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #1524
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

Oh I'm sorry....I'm new to this whole blogging thing and abbreviations. We are staying at wilderness lodge. We had recently been upgraded to there. We were originally booked for the cabins.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #1525
jpdeg99
Mouseketeer

Just booked WL for Dec. 1-8. Cannot wait!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #1526
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Three Weeks from Today!!!!!

Sorry for all the exclamation points but sometimes excitement just sort of bubbles out.

This time next week we will be sitting on the plane ready to head east to our favorite place and our first stay at WL. I hope time starts moving a little faster now and then slows to a crawl once we get there.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #1527
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post
Sorry for all the exclamation points but sometimes excitement just sort of bubbles out.

This time next week we will be sitting on the plane ready to head east to our favorite place and our first stay at WL. I hope time starts moving a little faster now and then slows to a crawl once we get there.

Have a great time and post lots of pics!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #1528
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Wow. That's a nice year.
One of the benefits of living in FL!! That and our amazing winters.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #1529
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post

Hey! We hit our 3 week mark as well
Even though we were just in the world 3 weeks ago there's something about being there during the holidays that gets me super excited!!
Have a GREAT trip!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #1530
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Hi Everybody,

It looks like many of you had great trips or are just about to! We would like to add our next trip to the Lodger's Log. We booked a bounce back for September 6-15, 2013 at WL. At the time we booked we weren't sure we'd be able to keep it, but planning, saving, and paying off our last trip are moving along well so let's go for it! We can't wait to go home again.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: