Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #316
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Oh, and, we decided on a Presidential Suite b/c we'll be GUARANTEED a high floor and know our unit # before we get there. That's worth an add'l $250 to me!!

DL 1983
WDW 1990/1994/1999/2004/2012/2013
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

aseyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #317
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc63303 View Post
Thinking of requesting the Main Building for our stay at BC for Thanksgiving week. Doubt anyone will be staying at nights at BC so just looking for convience and think being close to the Splash Pool and Lazy River will be good, along with close to bus stop although we'll also drive to the parks.
If you're looking for convenience (in parking and driving). a quiet place for afternoon naps and some water entertainment for the kids, I'm not sure if Main Bldg is a good choice. There's so much commotion all day with checkin/checkout, plus, parking is never easy since most folks waiting for a room will be parking there. Plus, as the OP said earlier, it has limited room, so requesting main bldg will be tough to fill, esp. during highest season (i.e., Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas).

We stayed in Bldg 4, facing the parking lot on level 5. While the view was terrible, it was quiet and sooo easy to get in/out of the resort. Plus, there's hardly ever anyone using the pool, hot tubs (2) or the lazy river. Ditto on the cabanas if you'er into that. If you're getting a seluxe v. presidential suite I would also avoid Bldg 5 & 6 (unless they can give you a high floor) b/c there's always lots of foot traffic & music blaring at that pool, and the little ones won't be able to use the pirate slide. IMO, your best bets would be bldgs 2, 3 & 4 and the highest floor available. Good luck & have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Hello,

If you we're planning on going to WBC next summer, would we be able to book a presidential room by renting from someone? Also I know that requests wouldn't be guaranteed but if someone's an owner that books a presidential room will it be guaranteed?
Thanks!
Yes, Vacation Strategy is 1 of the few that is able to book presidential suites that far out AND be able to give you the under 60-day discount because of their Platinum & Presidential Reserve status. I'd give them a shout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
How easy is it to grab a cab from BC - are they lined up in front or will we have to call ahead?
Even though we never used it, I've actually hear decent things about the WBC buses. They tend to be fairly prompt. Like any bus, you will have to keep up with their schedule, which is not nearly as frequent as the Disney resort buses.

Taxis are not lined up @ WBC. You will have to call ahead.

Another option is to rent a 2nd cheap, compact car, esp. . My biggest fear staying offsite was navigating to/from the parks. I was so intimidated until we did it. It was a cake walk getting to/from the resort!! It gave us complete flexibility - not to mention comfort and the ability to throw whatever we need in there when we want it. I wouldn't do it any other way now.

DL 1983
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #318
robinb
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone has rented over a really busy period like Christmas. As you can see from my signature, I am a DVC member and I have a 1BR at AKV booked for 12/23-12/30 but while I was looking to add a couple days offsite before my AKV reservation, I found an awesome rate for the whole week at Bonnet Creek. I know that parking and driving may be an issue at the MK and that we won't have EMH. Was vacationing still doable? I am usually a "pick a non-EMH park" kind of person, but every day is EMH that week at the MK and I am afraid that we will be at too much of a disadvantage. FWIW, we have APs (free parking) and no ADRs so no set schedule.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #319
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyrick View Post
Oh, and, we decided on a Presidential Suite b/c we'll be GUARANTEED a high floor and know our unit # before we get there. That's worth an add'l $250 to me!!
I enjoyed your review ~ thanks so much! The fact that the slide has a 48" height requirement really concerns me. My 7 year old is an excellent swimmer and competes on a year round swimteam. She is very short though ~ she will be 9 when we go and I seriously doubt she will be 48" (barefoot), she isn't even 44" now. I know it sounds silly to change our minds on WBC just b/c of this ~ but the only thing my 2 girls requested was a pool with a slide
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #320
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I enjoyed your review ~ thanks so much! The fact that the slide has a 48" height requirement really concerns me. My 7 year old is an excellent swimmer and competes on a year round swimteam. She is very short though ~ she will be 9 when we go and I seriously doubt she will be 48" (barefoot), she isn't even 44" now. I know it sounds silly to change our minds on WBC just b/c of this ~ but the only thing my 2 girls requested was a pool with a slide
Unfortunately, the pirate slide has a "slide police"/lifeguard who measures each kid, so 48" is absolutely required. HOWEVER, there's another slide on the other side of the resort at Tower 2 & 3 that has a slide that DS loved. The only requirement is that the kids have to be able to slide down and swim to the side unassisted. The funny thing is both slides looked about the same height and slope. The only difference is the pirate ship versus a regular slide. The good thing about the Tower 2 & 3 slide is there's hardly anyone at that one b/c all the other bigger kids are at the pirate slide, so we and 2 other families shared that entire pool and hot tub, which was just fine by us. If that's the only thing that might detract you from staying at WBC, don't let it. Your kids will love it there.

DL 1983
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #321
aseyrick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Hi there! I was wondering if anyone has rented over a really busy period like Christmas. As you can see from my signature, I am a DVC member and I have a 1BR at AKV booked for 12/23-12/30 but while I was looking to add a couple days offsite before my AKV reservation, I found an awesome rate for the whole week at Bonnet Creek. I know that parking and driving may be an issue at the MK and that we won't have EMH. Was vacationing still doable? I am usually a "pick a non-EMH park" kind of person, but every day is EMH that week at the MK and I am afraid that we will be at too much of a disadvantage. FWIW, we have APs (free parking) and no ADRs so no set schedule.
Granted, we didn't go at a "peak" week, but I'm fairly certain you won't have problems driving to/from the resort. It's a cake walk, really. Everything's easily accessible from Buena Vista, which is the 1 street you'll hit coming out of WBC. Even if you parked like the Griswolds, there's always a tram less than 5 minutes away to whisk you straight to the maingate. As for crowds, you may want to get a subscription to touringplans.com which will show you when you should go to each park based on crowd, even during Xmas week. For the cost, location (far better than AKV) and amenities, it's hard to beat WBC.

DL 1983
DCL Magic 2010/2012
DCL Wonder Nov 2013!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #322
monkeyjuce
When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change!

Help- I need to make a room request.

I have been searching the boards for about an hour now and can't find out how to go about making a room/building request. I know it is on here because I saw it a few months ago but can't find it now.
By the way, I am checking in on Sunday November 11th how likely is it that I will get my request of a lake view, building 4, high floor? In that order.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #323
vtwep
DIS Veteran

Wireless Internet?

Is wireless available? And if so, is the strength decent? I was there 2 years ago and brought my router to hook up in the kitchen. I can do that again, but just wondering if it's necessary? I definitely would like a strong signal.

Previous Trips:
Early '80s - not much recollection!
1992 - Offsite Stay
Mar 1995 - Offsite Stay
Nov 2007 - Yacht Club / Water View Room 3047
Dec 2008 - Grand Floridian / MK View, Sago Cay Room 5440
Dec 2009 - Polynesian / MK View, Tahiti Room 3021
Oct 2010 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 1, Room 627
Nov 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Tower 4, EPCOT view
Nov 2013 - Boardwalk Inn / Boardwalk View Room 3241
vtwep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #324
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseyrick View Post
Unfortunately, the pirate slide has a "slide police"/lifeguard who measures each kid, so 48" is absolutely required. HOWEVER, there's another slide on the other side of the resort at Tower 2 & 3 that has a slide that DS loved. The only requirement is that the kids have to be able to slide down and swim to the side unassisted. The funny thing is both slides looked about the same height and slope. The only difference is the pirate ship versus a regular slide. The good thing about the Tower 2 & 3 slide is there's hardly anyone at that one b/c all the other bigger kids are at the pirate slide, so we and 2 other families shared that entire pool and hot tub, which was just fine by us. If that's the only thing that might detract you from staying at WBC, don't let it. Your kids will love it there.
Thank you so much for coming back and clarifying this for me! I didn't realize there was another slide (new to resarching WBC and it is quite overwhelming). Do you happen to know if the pool by Tower 2 & 3 has zero entry? What about the pirate ship pool?
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #325
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Thank you so much for coming back and clarifying this for me! I didn't realize there was another slide (new to resarching WBC and it is quite overwhelming). Do you happen to know if the pool by Tower 2 & 3 has zero entry? What about the pirate ship pool?
2/3 pool is not Zero Entry. There is however a kiddie pool and a kids splash area by the pool.

The Pool by the pirate ship does have a zero entry.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #326
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
2/3 pool is not Zero Entry. There is however a kiddie pool and a kids splash area by the pool.

The Pool by the pirate ship does have a zero entry.

Zero entry at the pool at the main building too, and a larger splash pad.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #327
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth445 View Post
I checked in this morning. Got a room in tower 5, just finished watching 2 sets of fireworks. Room is great and spacious. Never stopped and got the parking pass. Our only problem was that I requested a pack and play 5 times before I actually got it at 9 pm. I asked when we checked in at noon, again at 2, then at 6, 8 and at 8:30 I went to the lobby and stood there till I had confirmation the delivery person was on her way. The customer service is definitely better at Disney but for what i paid, this is worth it so far!
Just wanted to say that I've had pack and play delivery issues at Disney too. Pack and Play request was on reservation and I reminded them at check-in. It took multiple phone calls over several hours. I didn't get it until I spoke with a manager and told him I was on my way to desk to talk to him in person if I didn't get within the next few minutes. That was the last time I stayed at a "Value" Disney property.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #328
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwep View Post
Is wireless available? And if so, is the strength decent? I was there 2 years ago and brought my router to hook up in the kitchen. I can do that again, but just wondering if it's necessary? I definitely would like a strong signal.
Yes wireless is available, but I would bring my own as you will have guaranteed swift and secure access that way!!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #329
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am12pm View Post
Yes wireless is available, but I would bring my own as you will have guaranteed swift and secure access that way!!
Do they still have the plug in the kitchen for internet? I know I brought an ethernet cable with me in 2010, but when I was at Wyndham Grand Desert this weekend, they didn't have an ethernet port, just wifi. They had a port marked DSL, but the ethernet cable was too big for it.

LisaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #330
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Do they still have the plug in the kitchen for internet? I know I brought an ethernet cable with me in 2010, but when I was at Wyndham Grand Desert this weekend, they didn't have an ethernet port, just wifi. They had a port marked DSL, but the ethernet cable was too big for it.
Yes, there is an ethernet port on the bottom of the phone. Our kitchen phone had an ethernet cord already plugged into it. So it was easy peasy! You might bring your own ethernet cord if you want to guarantee that you have one without asking the very busy front desk. I'm kinda like a boy scout...always prepared!!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC

Last edited by am12pm; 11-02-2012 at 05:37 PM.
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote