Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #256
serene56
DIS Veteran

we had to purchase the tickets when we arrived. paperwork was filled out. i asked your question and was told no...military discount tickets are different
Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #257
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralia View Post
We are looking at the Dec 2 party for the military discount. I have heard that if I pre purchase online that the difference will be refunded to me when I pick up the tickets with a military ID. Is there any truth to this? I'd love confirmation from someone that they were able to do this with either a christmas or halloween party. We will not be in disney until late on November 30 so the morning of December 1st is the first day we could buy the tickets in person and I worry that it might sell out.
I highly doubt that they'll allow that. I was at ITT today to get our Disney tickets and asked about MVMCP (I knew they didn't sell them, but wanted to ask) and they said only place you can get them is at the ticket office at WDW.

Is there another party you could attend while you're there or is the 2nd the only one? Honestly if that's the only night you can go and you would be crushed to not get to go to MVMCP I would probably go ahead and get the tickets and save the difference in cost elsewhere. We've opted to save money elsewhere on our trip and splurge on a night where we can't get the discount because it's our last night there and it will be a great ending to the trip (plus the kids can be miserable all day the following and can sleep since we'll be driving).
PrincessMommy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #258
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikita View Post
I have been looking for confirmation that FLE will be open during MVMCP. I have asked Jennifer Fickley-Baker from Disney Parks Blog twice. The first time she said she would look into it. I asked her again on Oct 15. during the live chat with Imagineer Chris Beatty. Here is my question, followed by her response.

"Hi, Has there been any confirmation that the New Fantasyland area will be open during MVMCP?"

"Not yet. I think it may depend on the date of the party."

I am concerned because we already purchased MVMCP tickets for Dec 6th. This was before the announcement of the grand opening. I hope they do not keep the area closed that night for a private party. The Tommorowland Dessert Party has been blacked out for Dec. 5th and 6th, and I know BOG is closed to the public on Dec 6th for dinner.

I am just curious if any one has any insight on whether or not this may happen. I would hate to pick a MVMCP on one of the nights FLE would not be open. If I knew ahead of time I could try to exchange tickets for the 9th or 11th.
I am NOT amused by this new map that I'm seeing for MVMCP...we are also going on 12/6 and would like to know about FLE for that evening. We bought our tickets WAY before the 12/6 grand opening announcement. I guess it was a silly assumption to think that it would be open that night. Any new updates or do we just have to wait and see after 11/9?
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:11 AM   #259
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple View Post
I am NOT amused by this new map that I'm seeing for MVMCP...we are also going on 12/6 and would like to know about FLE for that evening. We bought our tickets WAY before the 12/6 grand opening announcement. I guess it was a silly assumption to think that it would be open that night. Any new updates or do we just have to wait and see after 11/9?
I was disappointed to not see FLE included on the map for MVMCP too

I still am not sure whether we will head over for 4pm or maybe aim for using a park day ticket and arrive by 2 or 3 so we can tour the FLE as unless we give up AK the night we go to the party will be our only MK day. All the uncertainty of whether it will be open during the party is so stressfull we p,an on going to the Nov 29th party

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #260
chikita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I was disappointed to not see FLE included on the map for MVMCP too

I still am not sure whether we will head over for 4pm or maybe aim for using a park day ticket and arrive by 2 or 3 so we can tour the FLE as unless we give up AK the night we go to the party will be our only MK day. All the uncertainty of whether it will be open during the party is so stressfull we p,an on going to the Nov 29th party
They have been opening FLE during MNSSHP, in fact while cast member and annual pass holder previews are happening going to a party is currently the best way to see FLE. I think that is another reason Nov 9th MVMCP has already sold out.

I think you should be all set with Nov. 29th. I am mostly concerned with Dec 6th because of the grand opening and all the hoopla, I am worried that they will keep FLE closed for a private party on that night.
chikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #261
auralia
DIS Veteran

We can go to 3 other parties, but the one on the 2nd is the only one that is discounted we might wait and If the second sells out I can call dvc to get my dvc discount on one of the other nights we are there.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #262
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMommy05 View Post
I would love some thoughts on when we should do MVMCP. We are getting in about noon on the 12th and weren't planning on doing a park that day, but could do MVMCP our first night (Nov 12th) instead of DTD. Is it to much for a first day?

Or we were planning on doing it the 16th (our last day there) but could save $70 by doing it the 15th. I think it would be a magical way to end our trip, but the $$ and thought that it might be less crowded the 15th is alluring. Plus the kids would have already done MK so won't be wanting to ride Dumbo 100 times. Thoughts on crowd levels?
I am in your boat as well as far as dates,...the 12th or the 15th...we typically do the party on the Thursday night. We take Thurs off and do laundry, swim, maybe DTD and the Lego store...then the party that night. This trip Monday night also fits in nicely....but I am watching the weather also. I want to go on a night that's the best weather....I liked to have it toward the end so the trip ends on a fun note, but the kids are really wanting to do it at the beginning...so I am not sure,...I will just watch the weather more next week and then we will decide! If I were you I would lean to not doing the Friday night just because I have heard how much busier they are,....that's why it has never been an option for us...

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #263
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Hi everyone! I saw a link to a mvmcp t shirt can anyone repost??
rubybpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #264
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

It has been since 2005 that we have been in WDW during the holidays. I don't want to miss a thing!!! We have a MVMCP planned, Candlelight Processional, know about gingerbread displays, but i have a question for those of you have been in more recent years. Is there anything at the parks or resorts that you would recommend as DO NOT MISS??? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #265
Minnie Mommy Mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc
Hi everyone! I saw a link to a mvmcp t shirt can anyone repost??
They are shown on the MVMCP map. I drove myself crazy yesterday trying to find where I found them
http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/10226

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Minnie Mommy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #266
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

Do the all characters wear special holiday outfits for the party? I know the first party starts on Friday and we'll know more then, but I was just trying to decide which characters to put at the top of my list.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #267
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

dp
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #268
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Mickey and Minnie. We forgot them last year at MVMCP (our first!), and again this year at MNSSHP! D'oh!!!

Most (not all) at the party just have Christmas accessories. Most of the full up outfits are in other parks. Other DIS'ers, is that pretty accurate? We've only done Christmas once, but that was my impression.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #269
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Very few characters are actually in a Christmas costume. Most have only a scarf, hat or twig of holly.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #270
02AggieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgattis View Post
Mickey and Minnie. We forgot them last year at MVMCP (our first!), and again this year at MNSSHP! D'oh!!!

Most (not all) at the party just have Christmas accessories. Most of the full up outfits are in other parks. Other DIS'ers, is that pretty accurate? We've only done Christmas once, but that was my impression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Very few characters are actually in a Christmas costume. Most have only a scarf, hat or twig of holly.
Ok, thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: