Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #46
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Oh I can tell you some horror stories for sure! We've had crazy things happen at almost every resort. Heck, one time at the GF I smelled this funny smell and opened the drawer of the nightstand and found a half eaten sandwich. Or the perpetually broken toilet this past summer at the BC that took a week to fix. Things can happen anywhere. Don't give up on the Poly yet.
Hahahaha! Here's a better one: Checked in at YC on Jan 2 around 8am. Moved over from Sports where we had spent our arrival night. Didn't expect room to be ready. Congratulations, you're room is ready! We schlep our luggage all the way down to our room (over by the Dolphin) open the door and discover our "ready room" had been used for a "Quickie"! Yup, mussed bed, stuff in the toilet and wet wash cloths in the floor! Called down and talked to housekeeping who insisted that that was a clean room, well, come check for yourself....... supervisor finally showed and they gave the room a thorough cleaning for us. Didn't ruin our feelings toward the YC though.
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #47
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,817

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
Hahahaha! Here's a better one: Checked in at YC on Jan 2 around 8am. Moved over from Sports where we had spent our arrival night. Didn't expect room to be ready. Congratulations, you're room is ready! We schlep our luggage all the way down to our room (over by the Dolphin) open the door and discover our "ready room" had been used for a "Quickie"! Yup, mussed bed, stuff in the toilet and wet wash cloths in the floor! Called down and talked to housekeeping who insisted that that was a clean room, well, come check for yourself....... supervisor finally showed and they gave the room a thorough cleaning for us. Didn't ruin our feelings toward the YC though.

Eewwwwww!!!!!!!! So grossed out now. You know,....it is one of those things you know everybody does in the rooms before we check in but having the VISUAL of the aftermath in the room you are about to lay your head down to sleep.....that is just WAY too much to process. I would have asked for another room just cuz I wouldn't be able to get past it. I would be so paranoid of finding something else missed....like a wrapper or used.....YUCK
__________________
AMANDA

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #48
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace&Carolinesmom View Post
Eewwwwww!!!!!!!! So grossed out now. You know,....it is one of those things you know everybody does in the rooms before we check in but having the VISUAL of the aftermath in the room you are about to lay your head down to sleep.....that is just WAY too much to process. I would have asked for another room just cuz I wouldn't be able to get past it. I would be so paranoid of finding something else missed....like a wrapper or used.....YUCK
Truly, I think they did everything to that room but replace the furniture and bedding! The housekeepers didn't think it was a big deal, were going to simply straighten the bed and leave : eek: when the supervisor came up things changed. By it being a room in inventory my thought was that maybe it was employees .
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #49
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,901

I'm headed to the airport!!!!
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #50
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I'm headed to the airport!!!!
Enjoy!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #51
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,817

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I'm headed to the airport!!!!
Have a wonderful trip. I am VERY jealous. Looking forward to hearing the highlights
__________________
AMANDA

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #52
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!
 
rcraw45425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, GA, South of Atlanta
Posts: 11,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I'm headed to the airport!!!!
Have a wonderful trip and take advantage of the free wifi to post updates to this thread!
__________________
Robin
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #53
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Erika, looks like a phenomenal day so far!!! Was the lobster roll from Linda Beans? I read she was doing them there. I love them! And the pineapple margarita looks soooo yummy!!! Hope you get some sleep tonight!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #54
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,901

Hey guys! I had such an AMAZING weekend!!!!

Probably some of you saw my Twitter pics, I just uploaded 300 more photos to my photobucket album from my digital camera too! I took a ton of pics yesterday of the New Fantasyland expansion and videos as well. Does anyone have any questions about anything? Should I type up some kind of report? LOL I'm ready to plan another trip!!!!
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #55
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,901

I posted some pics on the trip report board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017684

I didn't want to post here since it wasn't on the topic of resorts
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #56
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

I'm glad I opened this thread ~ I'd love to join in!

We don't have a home resort, either, although I would love for it to be Wilderness Lodge! Unfortunately, that won't happen now that we are a family of 5. We loved our recent stay at Poly ~ I thought it would be "the one" and when I mentioned booking again my DH asked why we would stay there since we already had I guess he's in the boat that wants to try everything!

I'm actually in the process of looking for a place to stay ~ off site, yikes! ~ for our next trip (which won't be until 2014). But we, well I, want to stay 10 days so that we can do SeaWorld, DH and oldest DD can do a day at Universal, and then we can still have a proper amount of time at WDW, lol! So we need more than just a room.


mousemommy1 ~ what happened to Poly?! Going to go read what I missed!
I'm Stevie, btw!! Now I"m g
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #57
auprincess
DIS Veteran
 
auprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, seeing as you have stayed at most of the resorts....riddle me this....

We are currently booked at Beach Club. Just a garden view.

We had started off this reservation being booked 5 nights YC CL and 5 nights Poly CL.

Though I think the BC/YC area looks beautiful, and we really like the feel when we walk around there...I worry that it's missing some of that Disney "magic" that you get by being at the Poly, and seeing the castle all the time, etc... I know that sounds stupid, but I really loved that about the WL...we had the castle right outside our balcony!!!

Do you think I'll get that magic at BC/YC?? And, I'll say, we've never stayed at Poly, only visited...and if I switch my ressie, it will have to be CL b/c that's the only thing available with Military discount...
I've never stayed at BC, but we did eat dinner there on our last trip. I'm sure it is an amazing place to stay, but it just didn't do it for me. I think b/c it was so similar (in decor) to the places we stay when we go to the beach (on the Gulf Coast). I prefer something different than what I'm used to.
__________________
January 2008 Pop Century
January 2010 Wilderness Lodge
January 2011 All Star Sports
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #58
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh
I posted some pics on the trip report board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017684

I didn't want to post here since it wasn't on the topic of resorts
GREAT PICS!!! I love you and Gaston

I am happy you posted the LM videos too. When he had FP's, DS said he didn't want to go because he was sure there would be a lot of music (he has aspergers and is sensitive to music). DD and I never made it back, but now I know to plan around DS not being able to go on it after hearing the music. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess
I'm glad I opened this thread ~ I'd love to join in!

We don't have a home resort, either, although I would love for it to be Wilderness Lodge! Unfortunately, that won't happen now that we are a family of 5. We loved our recent stay at Poly ~ I thought it would be "the one" and when I mentioned booking again my DH asked why we would stay there since we already had I guess he's in the boat that wants to try everything!

I'm actually in the process of looking for a place to stay ~ off site, yikes! ~ for our next trip (which won't be until 2014). But we, well I, want to stay 10 days so that we can do SeaWorld, DH and oldest DD can do a day at Universal, and then we can still have a proper amount of time at WDW, lol! So we need more than just a room.

mousemommy1 ~ what happened to Poly?! Going to go read what I missed!
I'm Stevie, btw!! Now I"m g
When we stay off site, we love the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/

We can spread out with plenty of room (and bathrooms), full kitchen, jacuzzi tub in master, and great location.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #59
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,691

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
I've never stayed at BC, but we did eat dinner there on our last trip. I'm sure it is an amazing place to stay, but it just didn't do it for me. I think b/c it was so similar (in decor) to the places we stay when we go to the beach (on the Gulf Coast). I prefer something different than what I'm used to.
See, I'm drawn to them because they are like home! Modeled after New England Beach resorts! As you can see, I'm a New England girl! Lol!

I just like the decor so much more. It's no secret that I hate the decor at the Poly.
It's just not attractive to me at all in those rooms. The outer grounds look awesome and I can't wait to see what they do with the refurb...maybe it will be appealing to me then!

I think the BC/YC rooms are gorgeous, and that is important as that's where I lay my head. Every time I book the Poly, I picture myself returning to that room every day and just can't fathom it. Different strokes for different folks, you know??

I absolutely loved the WL refurb!!! So cozy and comfy!!! I would have honestly had a hard time keeping my ressie there if there had been no refurb, I hated those old rooms too!!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #60
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
I posted some pics on the trip report board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017684

I didn't want to post here since it wasn't on the topic of resorts
What a fabulous thread...and I see lots of friendly faces here

Home resort...I wish I could say GF, but I LOVE WL, heck I love all things Disney...
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.