DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
erionm
DIS Veteran

RCI online booking coming to DVCMember.com

Just found this on the Member Website:
Quote:
A new RCI online booking tool will be available beginning on November 6th. Members can book reservations for all RCI weekly and nightly stays, and even submit wait-list requests.
The $95 transaction fee remains the same and can be paid directly through the RCI portal when making an online reservation or wait-list request.
Members wishing to book a Signature Selection resort, modify or cancel an existing reservation, cancel an existing wait-list request or book multiple accommodations should continue to do so by calling Member Services.
Visit DVCMember.com on Nov 6th to begin using this convenient new booking tool.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Very interesting. Thanks for posting!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
bwvBound

So I wonder if DVC members will be permitted to access and book RCI's rental weeks via "Extra Vacations" and "Last Call"? I just fired up the WM>RCI B2B portal and checked: yes, both EV and LC are offered through that B2B portal.

So, any guesses / bets? Will DVC's interface to RCI include access to the Rental Options?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Yay

more options and online booking? It's nearly 1998. I'm so glad DVC admin people finally found the amazing invention called the "Internet."
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Yay

more options and online booking? It's nearly 1998. I'm so glad DVC admin people finally found the amazing invention called the "Internet."
I am sure the DVC admin people wanted Internet access as much as anyone else, but that decision is not theirs alone to make. Disney is a huge corporation and everything has to go through channels.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
So I wonder if DVC members will be permitted to access and book RCI's rental weeks via "Extra Vacations" and "Last Call"? I just fired up the WM>RCI B2B portal and checked: yes, both EV and LC are offered through that B2B portal.

So, any guesses / bets? Will DVC's interface to RCI include access to the Rental Options?
What are Extra Vacations and Last Call and rental options, can you translate for us non RCI users.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
bwvBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
What are Extra Vacations and Last Call and rental options, can you translate for us non RCI users.
Sammie,

'Extra Vacations' are rental weeks offered through RCI to their normal (direct) members. 'Last Call' are also rental weeks ... but offered within a few weeks of travel and, generally, at lower costs.

Sometimes the rental weeks can be picked up for as little as $199/week. More common rentals run ~$800-$1300/week. Some are higher ... but still a great a popular tool for booking an additional trip at/about the cost of Maintenance Fees.

A very nifty benefit if you can travel during off-peak seasons to places with less demand?
bwvBound
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

I just saw this and ran over to post...this is a great option...I would never book rci just because it seems like too much work...but now with it being an online option...I kinda think the opportunities are endless....

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:

i thought WM owners are actually individual RCI members, though, while DVC owners are not (only disney has a corporate membership).

i could be wrong (i hope i'm wrong) but i'd bet against access to EV/LC.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Bluegreen does but they do not restrict the resorts. I'm pretty sure Wyndham's portal is the same but can't get it up right now. I'd assume either they will restrict to the same resorts as they do with exchange or they do not allow access to the other options. Either way having direct access allows earlier options on critical days as well as the ability to play around to decide what you want and to find that hidden gem and more control.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:

My guess is that DVC members will NOT have access to Extra Vacations and Last Call. My reasoning is that DVC members do not have individual RCI accounts, and those rental options are benefits of the individual account.

Most other timeshare systems include either RCI or II (or both) in their maintenance fees, so each owner has an individual RCI account. In my case, with Wyndham, I have always been able to access Wyndham-to-RCI exchanges through Wyndham, but for EV and LC deals, I have to go directly to my RCI account.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, both of these benefits are discounted cash rentals at RCI resorts. In some cases, those can be very deep discounts -- one of our DIS regulars got a Feb booking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, in a 2 BR for an entire week for less than $500 total.

The Last Call offerings are very deeply discounted rentals offered in the 60 days or so prior to arrival -- typically in the <$300 range for a week in a 1-2 bedroom.

Last edited by JimMIA; 11-02-2012 at 06:45 PM.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
bwvBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
i thought WM owners are actually individual RCI members, though, while DVC owners are not (only disney has a corporate membership).

i could be wrong (i hope i'm wrong) but i'd bet against access to EV/LC.
Yes, WM members have direct membership with RCI -- but must use the WM>RCI B2B Portal when booking 'confirm first' types of exchanges against WM credits (points). I generally log in to RCI direct for other types of searches and reservations.

I too doubt that the DVC>RCI B2B portal will offer the rental weeks. On one hand, the portal can support it and does support it when interfacing with other point-system clubs ... but I'm guessing DVC's relationship will continue to prevent the feature from being surfaced to DVC members.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

This is good news. More options, more control. Yay!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #14
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

While this will be a convenient tool, I wouldn't get too excited about it. There is not going to be any more availability than DVC owners have now, and that's the key. To actually do well with RCI, you're still going to have to plan farther ahead than you now do with DVC -- in some cases two years ahead.

RCI will still be just a last resort to avoid losing unused points for most owners.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
While this will be a convenient tool, I wouldn't get too excited about it. There is not going to be any more availability than DVC owners have now, and that's the key. To actually do well with RCI, you're still going to have to plan farther ahead than you now do with DVC -- in some cases two years ahead.

RCI will still be just a last resort to avoid losing unused points for most owners.
True to a degree. It could improve the chances of success in some situations and gives the members more control in all likelihood.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: