Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #346
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
So glad your family is safe and sound and there was minimal damage. After experiencing too-many-to-count hurricanes down here, you realize that all those physical items (cars, furniture, house!) can be replaced but lives cannot. You say a prayer thanking God for your blessings, ask for help for your neighbors, patience to weather the cleanup and His grace to sustain you through it all....or at least until you get your internet connection back!
Very well said and a great way to look at what life hands you.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #347
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Ok, I'm caught up again after the dumb storm interrupted my DIS time. I hope you guys are ok and have survived Sandy. Sounded like NJ got hit the worst of everyone.

Aulani looks just amazing. I hope we get the chance to see it. Love the room, love the view.

As we all know, the idea that men hate shopping is a myth. We love shopping if it involves hardware stores, sporting goods, and golf pro shops. Anything else is pointless.

You and Bill (saintstickets) have me totally freaked out about Oahu traffic now. I'm worried we're going to see nothing but brake lights the whole trip!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #348
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

It's so good that all of you are fine. Such a scary time!

I will be hoping that your flight will be able to take off in a timely manner!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #349
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi all- nj is definitely a war zone- my whole town has no power, and is not expected to have any until next week or longer- trees are down everywhere , power lines knocked down- just a disaster. But we have been very lucky! However-

I don't think I have ever appreciated a trip to WDW more!

Our airport, I am happy to say, was the first to reopen- delays since yesterday are less than 15 minutes. I am having the car service pick us up earlier tomorrow than originally planned- cant wait to hang in the airport- I hear they have electricity and TVs and food there, we are all excited to see! Lol-

Ok- back to tossing out another freezer full of steaks!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #350
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi all- nj is definitely a war zone- my whole town has no power, and is not expected to have any until next week or longer- trees are down everywhere , power lines knocked down- just a disaster. But we have been very lucky! However-

Our airport, I am happy to say, was the first to reopen- delays since yesterday are less than 15 minutes. I am having the car service pick us up earlier tomorrow than originally planned- cant wait to hang in the airport- I hear they have electricity and TVs and food there, we are all excited to see! Lol-

Ellen, so sorry things are so rough there. I am happy to hear that you and yours are okay, though. Must be a little hard to get ready with no electricity. Have a wonderful trip - just think, you'll be in a Magical place, and then when you come back, the lights should be back on!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #351
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know it is exciting to be leaving the war zone but I bet it is also very stressful. Do you have someone to watch the house and unload the frig/freezer as items thaw? Take care.

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #352
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Glad the trip is still on. Sean is going with correct? Wish I could make the power appear for everyone out there. Some of our power company Guys are on there way out to help with the lines. Enjoy the flight tomorrow and the relaxation!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #353
podsnel

I was very proactive! Suitcases were packed by Monday morning! and yes, we have people staying here with our dog, summer. So..... We are ready as long as I can pack up my photo equipment in the am!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #354
podsnel

Laura- the lines are down everywhere- we need the help! And yes, Sean is coming- I think he is looking forward to electricity more than anyone- he started freakin a little today. But really, his whole world was shaken up- no school, no lights, no tutor after school, no work- too much for him. So glad we are going away!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #355
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:

After this I think a WDW is well deserved.

Quote:
I was very proactive! Suitcases were packed by Monday morning! and yes, we have people staying here with our dog, summer. So..... We are ready as long as I can pack up my photo equipment in the am!
Excellent planning on your part. I remember one of our DL trips I took the day off before to wash and pack and of course storm came in so no electricity to do either. I ended up buying a couple of outfits and taking a load to my my DD to wash to finish up.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #356
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Glad to hear that you were able to stay safe during Sandy. Have a great trip you deserve it after this week!

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #357
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

So glad you and your family are okay. The climate in Orlando and the electricity will be a welcome relief from what you've been experiencing this week. It's like anything, you don't realize how much it means to you until it is taken away! Have a great trip, stay safe and we look forward to any updates and posts!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #358
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

That's awful that you have to toss out steaks and tht NJ is a War zone, but I'm sure you will REALLY appreciate your WDW trip! Heck I would really appreciate your WDW this point!

Have a great time! I can't wait to hear about it!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #359
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Have a great trip Ellen. Glad you'll get a reprieve from the stress of all of this.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #360
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

Ellen ~ I was thinking about you and wondering how your family was doing! You're about the only one I know (ha, like I really know you) in NJ.

So glad you checked in and we know everyone is ok!

My nephew is an EMT from PA and is helping in NYC and told his Mom it is unbelievable! They are suppose to be working 12 hr. shifts but it has been more like 18 hrs.

Have a safe trip tomorrow and ENJOY! Can't wait for another trip report from you! Praying you guys have alot of sunshine next week and come home to electricity!
snowmanlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: