Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #31
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Oh, I thought it meant why did the adults without kids go to WDW if they weren't happy with the number of unruly kids, I see what was meant was why do the parents bother to plan a trip to WDW if they're just going to let the kids run wild.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #32
Habbott
Mouseketeer

I could be wrong, but unruly children are everywhere! I let my 2 year old get away with more than my parents said they let me get away with, but not much. We're planning going in February for our first adventure, and I know it's going to be challenging. But, there will be no chasing animals.
Habbott is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbott View Post
I took this to mean why would parents who aren't even bothering to enjoy it with their kids.

that was indeed what i meant, sorry if it was misconstrued. i simply don't understand going out as a family if you are ignoring your children-then again it's obviously a very small snapshot of their behaviour.
it's a totally different story if children are actually abusing animals.

I could be wrong to the PPs question. I couldn't imagine other people's children should have too much effect on my vacation (or where I choose to go). It really does happen everywhere. We were at chick-fil-a the other day, and there were grade schoolers in the play area cussing up a storm. No parent in site. My two year old thankfully didn't repeat what they were saying.
like pp have said, unfortunately bad behaviour happens all over, whether at wdw, in the mall, in the street or wherever. both adults and children.
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #34
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

That's totally irritating that a parent would let their child do that and not say a word about it to correct them.

I probably would have been mumbling some things under my breath witnessing that situation, but probably would not have said anything, even though I would want to.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Wow, that behavior is not acceptable. Would he run up to his pet or another child and hit and kick him or her? Animals deserve respectful treatment, and it bothers me to think his parents wouldn't correct this behavior, but you'd be surprised at what parents ignore. I work at a home improvement store where there are lots of dangers, and parents ignore these all the time. Using pallets of mulch as climbing obstacles, running or skating through aisles in a store where forklifts are operated at all hours, or playing hide and seek in the large shelving or climbing on them. Home improvement stores are NOT playgrounds! So I feel compelled to say something to the kids, in hopes that the parents know to correct their behavior in the future, because their ignorance is putting their kids in REAL danger. I also see parents correct this behavior the minute they see their kid doing these things, so I know that the ones that choose to ignore it are just not in the mood to parent, which is no excuse. And this seems to be the case here, and I think hearing from a stranger sometimes can be helpful, because both child and parent become aware of the wrongdoing.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #36
cupcakefairy2u
Its just me the cupcake fairy

we just got back from our 8 days in WDW. We saw kids being mean to the ducks it was weird to see the parents just watching . My Granddaughter who is 4 yelled " stop chasing the ducks you are mean !" I walked over and asked where their parents were and they shrugged their shoulders I told them to stop throwing things at the ducks and if they chased them again I was going to get the Mickey Police .
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #37
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefairy2u View Post
we just got back from our 8 days in WDW. We saw kids being mean to the ducks it was weird to see the parents just watching . My Granddaughter who is 4 yelled " stop chasing the ducks you are mean !" I walked over and asked where their parents were and they shrugged their shoulders I told them to stop throwing things at the ducks and if they chased them again I was going to get the Mickey Police .
what a wonderfully wise little girl
dmdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

So unacceptable. I see duck abuse at the Poly all the time.

My kids usually shame the parents into dragging their little snowflakes elsewhere by gawking and loudly asking me "Why are those kids being so mean and why won't their mommy and daddy stop them?".

It's the one and only occasion that I don't immediately shut down the lack of a filter.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #39
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 View Post
I was leaving the Magic Kingdom today (waiting for members of my party) and a little boy (in a stroller) ran over to a mother duck and her baby and hit the duck, then ran away laughing. All his parents did was call him back over. The children was around 4 years old. Then he ran back over to the duck and kicked it.

Some parents definitely need to discipline their children better. I just shook my head in disgust at how some parents can be so careless with their children.
Oh my - that family should be glad we were not there. I think my husband would have said some not so nice words to the kid AND the parents and I would have joined in.

If any child even runs towards an animal in an attempt to scare it, we say something if the parents are too stupid to do it themselves. On our last trip, I told a little boy to stop running after the sparrows at Hollywood Studios. I mean, sparrows. A common bird and the kid thought he should chase them.

Husband just came home and I'll tell him about this and his head will figuratively explode. The man stops to help turtles cross the road (yes, he's done this three times).
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #40
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

Because of so many people not disciplining their children is the reason the world is getting to be a scary place to live. Parents need to teach their children respect so they can grow into responsible caring adults. My kids were taught from the time they knew the words yes or no. It's not that difficult.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #41
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

I would have yelled at him, I don't care if they like it or not. Being 4 doesn't mean you get to abuse an animal.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #42
disneydreamkate
DIS Veteran

Our last WDW trip we saw a bird in Frontierland in MK that had a disfigured leg. Our then 5 year old turned to my dh and I and asked us what was wrong with him/her. There happened to be a CM nearby who heard his question and told us that a child had done it. I don't remember the details now, but how sad. I don't get parents sometimes...and I am sorry but if there are children and/or adult hurting or attempting to injure animals in the parks the entire family should be removed.
01/2011 AKL
10/2011 POFQ 1st F&W Festival!
01/2013 AKL
02/2014 POR & AKL PHM!
12/2014 BC
disneydreamkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehawaii19 View Post
Yeah exactly. I seriously wanted to go over and slap him. And the fact he was laughing about it, made it even worse in my opinion. Luckily he didn't even go near the baby duck but I was concerned because it was right on the ledge near the boats and the duck could have fallen in the water. She and the baby got to safety in the boat waiting area.
I am sorry, but I have a problem with this. What this child did is wrong, but wanting to slap him, is wrong too.

What is a shame is when the ducks try to defend themselves from these kids, the parents get all upset about the vicious animal.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl

This

FWIW...I have even had the cops called on me once for YELLING at my child in public and THREATENING to make her stay in her room for a very long time because she was refusing to do what I asked her/she agreed to do. Like staying in her room was a punishment

Since that happened about 4 years ago I am VERY VERY careful about disciplining my children in public.
This is what amazes me. People complain about children needing discipline, however when you threaten bad behavior with any form of discipline (non-violent) they freak out. Has our society really gotten that ridiculous where time out is even considered abusive? Makes one wonder, where were these people when grandpa was taking off the belt?
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #45
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We were entering MK in Sept..mom, dad and gramma.. 2 wee ones in a stroller..one of the "bob" one where one kid is literally UNDER the other one. The kids were probably 3 and 4.. and they were beating the crud out of each other.. surprised the one on top didn't get a broken arm with the way the other one was grabbing and pulling. My kids ( who are NOT angels but who would not get away with that for a nano second) were like..WOW. all 3 adults commented on the full on fight but did nothing about it. Im sure the rest of their day ( and anyone near them) was just lovely.

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: