Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #61
jjones144
Mouseketeer

I am going to email everyone a copy of the list, please let me know if everything is correct. Plan to send it out tomorrow. Thanks, Jessica

Last edited by jjones144; 10-31-2012 at 10:29 PM.
jjones144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #62
oneplustwo
Earning My Ears

We are from the Dallas area - love being able to drive to the port.

Jessica - I couldn't open the google doc. I agree that a mid-November cut-off would be nice.

Excursions: I think we're going to do Stingray City in GC. We've been to Cozumel a number of times, so we won't do an excursion there. We'll probably do Chankanaab or Paradise Beach, depending on how we feel that morning. Can't go wrong with a relaxing day at Paradise Beach!

oneplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #63
jjones144
Mouseketeer

I see that now from my phone, would pull up on my computer because I was signed in. Will figure it out tomorrow. Will probably just email. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #64
jjones144
Mouseketeer

Trying this again. Please let me know if it works. Not real familiar with google docs, this is my first time using it. Please let me know if you got the email copy also. Thanks, Jessica

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...wUC1uYlE#gid=0
Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 PM   #65
oneplustwo
Earning My Ears

It's working now. Sent you an email.

oneplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #66
jjones144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplustwo View Post
It's working now. Sent you an email.
Thank you. I updated and resent. If anyone else notices anything that is not correct, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #67
Peachykeane
Earning My Ears

Hello

Hi, This is my first cruise with the family. We are coming from Colorado, flying to Houston-George Bush. I have been reading as much as possible from some other threads about transportation to Galveston from this airport. We are flying in the night before. Any other good ideas regarding Houston to Galveston?? Would love to hear them! Thanks! Kelly
Peachykeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #68
jjones144
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachykeane View Post
Hi, This is my first cruise with the family. We are coming from Colorado, flying to Houston-George Bush. I have been reading as much as possible from some other threads about transportation to Galveston from this airport. We are flying in the night before. Any other good ideas regarding Houston to Galveston?? Would love to hear them! Thanks! Kelly
Have you looked into the price of a one way rental? When we go to Port Canaveral this is what we do, because it is cheaper. I am not sure that is the case for Galveston, from what I have read on the boards. I think Enterprise is the only one that does this, but not positive. It might be cheaper to do Disney's transportation. If so you would want to stay somewhere close to IAH that has free airport shuttle. This Hampton Inn in Humble looks like a good price and comfortable for the night. It is on 59 and close to the airport and has a shuttle to the airport. Just a suggestion.

Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area
20515 Highway 59 North, Humble, Texas, 77338, USA TEL: 1-281-446-4800
Old 11-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #69
Mommy2Emmy
Mouseketeer

Has anyone cruised in January before? I'm wondering what kind of weather we should expect. Yes, I'm already packing in my head! Ha!!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #70
ZoneOrr
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone!!!!

Last edited by ZoneOrr; 11-21-2012 at 01:17 PM.
ZoneOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #71
shantomp98
Earning My Ears

We have cruised in January to Cozumel before. The weather was Perfect!!! It was chilly & drizzly when we left Galveston but by morning the kids were swimming on the ship with no problems. The beach wasn't so hot that we couldn't lay in the lounge chairs but wasn't cool either. Just perfect! So excited about going back!!!
shantomp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #72
Mommy2Emmy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneOrr
Hello Everyone!!!!
We just booked for Jan 12 and Jan 18, we're super excited!!!!! My husband and I have a 3 year old daughter and are excited to see if she'll like the oceanear club. She wasn't crazy about flounder reef, but my husband and I are hoping she'll enjoy the club.
Has anyone tried any of the alcohol tasting?
My DH and I were talking about the tastings tonight! We'd love to try one! When do we find out about these? On the Navigators?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #73
shantomp98
Earning My Ears

Question about dinners

My computer chose to 'delete' my last post Sorry if it shows up & this is a repeat.

It is very possible that I am missing this info somewhere but I was wondering if there was a formal and/or semi-formal dinner on the 6-night. Everything I see is for 7-night. I am such a planner & am so excited about this cruise that I am already working on my packing list!

Thanks for the info - also, does the 6-night offer the princess tea party too?
shantomp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #74
Mommy2Emmy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantomp98
My computer chose to 'delete' my last post Sorry if it shows up & this is a repeat.

It is very possible that I am missing this info somewhere but I was wondering if there was a formal and/or semi-formal dinner on the 6-night. Everything I see is for 7-night. I am such a planner & am so excited about this cruise that I am already working on my packing list!

Thanks for the info - also, does the 6-night offer the princess tea party too?
I'm a first timer, but from what I can tell yes, both formal and semi-formal. And no tea party. I'm bummed about that !
Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #75
ZoneOrr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Emmy

My DH and I were talking about the tastings tonight! We'd love to try one! When do we find out about these? On the Navigators?
We won't find out until the night before in the navigators. They are usually on sea days around 1pm. My husband and I love the mixolgy, beer, martini, bloody Mary, and mojito tasting (okay pretty much all of them). You get 6 drinks for 15$ and they are always fun.
ZoneOrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: