Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #496
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegut View Post
H wanted to be there on our anniversary, October 9th, which apparently was a peak time. He also wanted to stay at the Contemporary, have a fireworks view, so yes, we paid top dollar for that, too. Got the Deluxe because he wanted to eat at the fancy restaurants. Got the park hopper because we were afraid of the crowds and wanted to be able to go to another park if it was too crowded. We did actually park hop at least two, maybe three of the days.

H refuses to stay off site because he said if he drives, it's not a vacation. H did a Father Son trip with S for middle school graduation, where they stayed at a Value, perhaps Music, and hated the bus time. Also wanted to be on the monorail.

So, because of what H wanted for the big trip, don't know where I could have cut costs, but hoping for help, as I feel like my ignorance probably cost me a lot.

I would really love to go with my S and H for a family trip, something we've never done. We paid Catholic school tuition all Son's life, so it was always a choice of tuition versus vacation, so I can count on one hand how many vacations we've had.

Now, son is 20 y/o, and I really want to see Animal Kingdom with him. Since H has the provision of onsite, hoping to get some tips from you guys.

May have to move this post to another thread, but would love to hear some advice, as son will turn 21 next year and will be off to grad school, so time is running out for us to have that family trip.

We were blessed that son got a full scholarship to college, so we were able to make this trip, but thanks to the Disney Visa, we have six months to pay off without interest.

Thanks for any help, guys!
I don't blame your DH for wanting to stay onsite. My DH and I are the same way. We feel it's more relaxing to just take the ME from the airport and not have to bother with baggage claim or driving there.

CR TPV is an expensive room type! Have you considered staying at any of the other Deluxe resorts or in a different room type?
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #497
dgagnon519
DVC member AKL since 2008

We will only stay onsite. If you really want to stay at CR, you might want to consider renting DVC for BLT. That would be much cheaper.

I will not cook on vacation so we eat out every meal. We will bring snacks for the room or for breakfast on the go. I would recommend buying the TIW card instead of doing the dining plan. It might not be a huge saving, but it includes drinks and you only order what you want. It gives you 20% off.
Purchase your tickets through somewhere like AAA. Right now they are doing buy 3 get the 4th free. Even without the promotion they are usually the cheapest.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 8 nights
Villas at Wilderness Lodge - 2 nights
Old Key West - 2 nights
Art of Animatition - 1 night
2011- Calypso Cay (off property) - 5 nights
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - 4 nights
Baylake Tower - 1 night
Saratoga Springs - 3 nights
Boardwalk - 2 nights
2010 - Old Key West - 4 nights
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - 4 nights
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - 4 nights
2009 - Pop Century - 10 nights
2007 - All Star Music - 8 nights
dgagnon519 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #498
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I just did my cost breakdowns. 1 adult (+1adult just for POFQ stay) Room Only resservations, PH tickets, no DDP

I ran around $1500 after all was said and done.

1 night AoA Little Mermaid standard room ($135)
4 nights POFQ standard room ($640)
2 nights ASMu standard room ($204)

5 day park hopper ($336)
1 day/1 park pass for Universal ($92)

1 week rental Thrifty Full sized car ($218)

OOP Food:
Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg ($60+tip)
Kona Cafe ($25 including tip)
F&W festival for 3 days ($100+)
Refilable Mug ($15)
about 4-5 CS meals plus one CS lunch at IOA, one off site Panera meal and one meal at MCO ($9-$15 each)
5-7 snacks (milk, karamel Kuch goodies, Goofys snack, popsicles, souvinner Popcorn bucket, pretzel, plus some bagged snacks brought back for work) ($3-$15)

Souvineers from IoA (>$20)
Souvineers from WDW ($133)
Shopping off site Vera Bradley outlet and Northface outlet ($250)

Tolls and Gas ($45)
Walmart run ($22)

That was including what I prepaid and some off site shopping that I had waited on till I got to Orlando because of two particular places that I wanted to go that I don't have at home and minus what a friend paid for her parts of one of the stays and rental car, the $150 credit cashback on my Discover and the $125 dollars in giftcards I had from work incentives.

I was right about where I thought I'd be as far as price. I included the shopping off site since it was a planned part of my vacation but what I bought were non souvineer things that I had been looking for and decided to buy at the outlets. This was my first non-value season stay and with a year to save up I had a number of planned splurges that I could have cut out if needed. I did the values at the beginning and end to help with price, brought quick breakfast things in my suitcase, bought water at walmart, and used counter service ice water in the park.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Last edited by bookgirl; 11-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #499
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
I can't remember posting here before...hmmm...Ok, I'll bite....
-2294.00 for 10 days vacation for 4 people.-
airfare= 20.00 for 4 people (govt. fees) (SWA visa )
One night at Pop 95.00
6 nites at POFQ w/ free dining plan 1996.00
rental car 130.00
2 nites tickets included in package,using old pass for other days
Staying Universal 2 nites onsite-0.00 (SWA rewards)
3 -2day parkhop tix to Universal-0.00 (SWA +AMEX rewards)
1 -2 day ph ticket to Uni.- 148.00
Of course there's the box of cereal for breakfasts,plus the occasional off plan food...but overall a decent price for 4 "adults"
cost breaks down to approx. 57.00 per person per day for FUN!
I'd love to cut that 130.00 out and bus it, but we need transport between Uni/Disney ..and shuttles for 4 are more expensive than that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: