Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Average Gratuity

I'm trying to estimate how much we'll need for tipping throughout the resort. We're on DDP, and have CRT booked (which I know includes the gratuity) and our other three are buffets (CP, Askerhaus / Tusker House (splitting the party, 2 at each), and H&V). We have 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 "infant". Just trying to finalize our budget and was looking to see what people tip on average.

Also, while on DDP, can you charge the tip to the room or is it better to have cash / credit card on you? I can't imagine they would let you put the gratuity on a CC but it seems like having the exact amount in cash would be difficult. Thanks!!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMommy05 View Post
I'm trying to estimate how much we'll need for tipping throughout the resort. We're on DDP, and have CRT booked (which I know includes the gratuity) and our other three are buffets (CP, Askerhaus / Tusker House (splitting the party, 2 at each), and H&V). We have 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 "infant". Just trying to finalize our budget and was looking to see what people tip on average.

Also, while on DDP, can you charge the tip to the room or is it better to have cash / credit card on you? I can't imagine they would let you put the gratuity on a CC but it seems like having the exact amount in cash would be difficult. Thanks!!
The bills for TS meals at Disney all come with a suggested tipping guide which lists, if I remember correctly, 18 percent and 20 percent of your bill. I'd use that as your standard to calculate what you'll need to budget in terms of tipping.

You can charge tips to the room. I believe you can also charge them to a credit card, but someone else may be able to confirm or deny that.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Quote:

18 - 20 percent. We always charge the tip to the room.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

I leave a 20% tip based on what the meal would have cost if I was paying OOP.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Is there a list anywhere of what the exact meals cost? I was planning on 20% what we would have paid OOP but all I can find are the average cost ranges and not exactly what we should have paid. I'm assuming the amount will be on the bill, but I'm trying to figure out the budget and if we should go to the MVMCP where we can get the military discount or the Friday one where we will pay full price. Thanks again!!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!

Is there a list anywhere of what the exact meals cost? I was planning on 20% what we would have paid OOP but all I can find are the average cost ranges and not exactly what we should have paid. I'm assuming the amount will be on the bill, but I'm trying to figure out the budget and if we should go to the MVMCP where we can get the military discount or the Friday one where we will pay full price. Thanks again!!
If you look at the menus most have prices.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
Old 11-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

All tipping discussion is limited to the Tipping Information sticky thread on this board.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

Please read the first post for our tipping discussion policy (and why we need one).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: