Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
jlmlyle
Earning My Ears

8:05 ADR or Rope Drop

I am hoping for 4 ADR at 8:05 to help us get in the parks early (not on EMH). We did 8:05am CRT our last trip and I thought it was awesome, we were out of breakfast before 9:00 am and 3rd in line for Merida. But with the CP and TH and Akershus, will I still get out in time while enjoying the character experience?
I was a bit nervous at CRT because of getting out at 9:00 am (it was July on a l 9 crowd day), but it still worked out well. I am thinking with it being mid May and crowd levels of 5-7, it won't be so bad. My motivation for the early ADR is not having to wait 30 minutes or more to be seated like I hear you have to at lunch or dinner. But I am thinking maybe we need at least one RD at MK to see the train... Days we don't have character breakfasts will be eat in room breakfast. We plan for early bedtimes 7:30-8 before RD and early ADR. Have a 4 year old.

ANy thoughts?
jlmlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
SmileEar2Ear
Mouseketeer

I like the preRD ADRs, but I also like doing a late breakfast ADR at 10:15/10:30. You get the first critical hour or so in the park and the character meals are usually much emptier, so better interaction. If you time it right, you can even get in on a bit of the lunch food too.
SmileEar2Ear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
jlmlyle
Earning My Ears

So would you do that with akershus? I was thinking it might be good to get that soaring FP in hand. And how about CP? Would that be better at 10:05?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmlyle View Post
I am hoping for 4 ADR at 8:05 to help us get in the parks early (not on EMH). We did 8:05am CRT our last trip and I thought it was awesome, we were out of breakfast before 9:00 am and 3rd in line for Merida. But with the CP and TH and Akershus, will I still get out in time while enjoying the character experience?
I was a bit nervous at CRT because of getting out at 9:00 am (it was July on a l 9 crowd day), but it still worked out well. I am thinking with it being mid May and crowd levels of 5-7, it won't be so bad. My motivation for the early ADR is not having to wait 30 minutes or more to be seated like I hear you have to at lunch or dinner. But I am thinking maybe we need at least one RD at MK to see the train... Days we don't have character breakfasts will be eat in room breakfast. We plan for early bedtimes 7:30-8 before RD and early ADR. Have a 4 year old.

ANy thoughts?
For Akershus, the early ADR strategy might not work out so well as Epcot no longer does a rope drop. The recent opening process usually involves letting guests in 10-20 minutes before the posted park opening time and allowing them to go directly to the rides and attractions. As a result, getting out of Akershus at 9:00 a.m. might mean that there have been guests in the park and lining up at Soarin' (or whatever your choice might be) for 10-20 minutes before you even start heading there.

FWIW, DHS has been using the same basic procedure.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic Western Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

Tusker House is perfect...if you can get the very first seating of the day, then you will be done about 10 minutes before rope drop and you are RIGHT THERE at the safaris and not too far from Epedition Everest as well. When the rope outside TH drops hubby always grabs us FPasses for the safaris while the rest of us run and get in line for Everest. Has worked perfectly every time.

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

And I should add we have done the same thing with CP...got the first seating, were done in time for rope drop underneath the castle. It was perfect. I have never been able to get an early enough seating at Akershus to do that though, so we quit going there. Your park strategy is VERY similar to ours. Early bedtime, very early breakfast, then rope drop. We always have great luck with Chef Mickey's as well. The first seating there is at 7:00 am and we are ALWAYS done in time for rope drop outside the MK...the only downside there is you are not actually inside the park, but it still works very well, especially if it's a day when MK doesn't open until 9:00.

DD1 (13), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
jlmlyle
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the replies! I will do Tusker House early, and CRT early. But I think I'll move Akershus to lunch and I'm undecided about Crystal Palace. Maybe that one for lunch will give us better character interaction. But we are more introverted anyway (though my DD loved the characters) so I can't see us being the type to draw lots of interaction. Hmmmm. So I still need to sort out RD with the show at MK vs being inside the park before RD.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: