Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
kopppa33
Mouseketeer

Boma Dinner

Have any of you ate there with young children who are picky eaters and only stick to the chicken nuggets, pizza, mac n cheese kinda kids and were able to eat there? I would like to make ADR's for dinner there because Hubs and I love that kind of food but I am not sure my kids will eat anything there on the buffet.
kopppa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
gonzalj1
DIS Veteran

Your kids will be fine. There is a kids section on the buffet and they typical kid friendly foods. Enjoy!
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

Do they have a carving station? My husband has food allergies and can't have dairy and certain spices and is not a big eater so if he had the salad bar and some type of plain meat and veggies that would be perfect for him. Thanks!
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopppa33 View Post
Have any of you ate there with young children who are picky eaters and only stick to the chicken nuggets, pizza, mac n cheese kinda kids and were able to eat there? I would like to make ADR's for dinner there because Hubs and I love that kind of food but I am not sure my kids will eat anything there on the buffet.
Yes, our oldest DS was a very picky eater when he was younger and while I thought he wouldn't find too much to eat at Boma, there was plenty of regular choices on the kids buffet just as the pp said. We now eat at Boma every trip as that's one of his favorite places to eat at Disney .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
Do they have a carving station? My husband has food allergies and can't have dairy and certain spices and is not a big eater so if he had the salad bar and some type of plain meat and veggies that would be perfect for him. Thanks!
They do, but I think it changes every so often. The times we have eaten there, prime rib and ham have been on the carving station .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

My daughter is very picky but she was fine. I think you should make the ADRs

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
Yes they have a carving station, and a very large selection of salads and veggies. But it would be prudent for you to note any food allergies on each of your ADRs so the chef can assist your husband with allergy-appropriate choices at each meal.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
doclegler
DIS Veteran

2 of my kids did really well there, and one hated it. He's not super picky, but he wasn't fond of the "sweeter" flavors there. Seemed like almost everything had a sweetness to it that took some getting used to.
That said, the rest of us really enjoyed trying all the different options. AKL is definitely a great place to tour and then dine.
doclegler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: