Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #3631
MNDisneyChick
Earning My Ears

We just got back from a 4-night stay at CSR today. This was the first time I've stayed there and the first moderate I've stayed at in years (we normally stay deluxe). I wanted to jump on here and put my impressions down before I forget. I'll upload pictures later.

We stayed at Casitas 2, a preferred room with King bed. I was VERY impressed with the room. In fact, I preferred the room layout and design to the Boardwalk room we stayed at in December. The bed was comfortable and I especially liked the privacy screen between the bedroom and the bathroom area. Mousekeeping was great and was very accommodating to our strange schedule. Our toiletries were replenished every day.

We ate at Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. We ate at Pepper Market for lunch and thought it was really gross. We had better luck at Cafe Rix. The breakfast food was pretty good but I was disappointed that they didn't have any Mickey waffles. Overall the food at Rix was decent for quick service.

The bus service was very impressive. This is the first time in years that we didn't rent a car and I was VERY apprehensive about it. The buses were fast and only full on 1 occasion: coming back from Epcot after Illuminations. I have to say that the bus service on this trip may have restored my faith in the Disney transportation. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus EVER from the resort or the parks. I was VERY impressed!

I'll be uploading some pictures of the resort shortly. Let me know if you have any questions!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #3632
ldnoggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDisneyChick
We just got back from a 4-night stay at CSR today. This was the first time I've stayed there and the first moderate I've stayed at in years (we normally stay deluxe). I wanted to jump on here and put my impressions down before I forget. I'll upload pictures later.

We stayed at Casitas 2, a preferred room with King bed. I was VERY impressed with the room. In fact, I preferred the room layout and design to the Boardwalk room we stayed at in December. The bed was comfortable and I especially liked the privacy screen between the bedroom and the bathroom area. Mousekeeping was great and was very accommodating to our strange schedule. Our toiletries were replenished every day.

We ate at Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. We ate at Pepper Market for lunch and thought it was really gross. We had better luck at Cafe Rix. The breakfast food was pretty good but I was disappointed that they didn't have any Mickey waffles. Overall the food at Rix was decent for quick service.

The bus service was very impressive. This is the first time in years that we didn't rent a car and I was VERY apprehensive about it. The buses were fast and only full on 1 occasion: coming back from Epcot after Illuminations. I have to say that the bus service on this trip may have restored my faith in the Disney transportation. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus EVER from the resort or the parks. I was VERY impressed!

I'll be uploading some pictures of the resort shortly. Let me know if you have any questions!
It's so great to hear this! We leave Thursday for Coronado and can't wait! Thanks for sharing- this makes me glad we are staying with CSR instead of trying somewhere new.
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #3633
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNDisneyChick View Post
We had better luck at Cafe Rix. The breakfast food was pretty good but I was disappointed that they didn't have any Mickey waffles.
They had plenty of Mickey waffles at the Pepper Market

We stayed at CSR from 8th-26th October and absolutely loved it After reading some mixed reviews before we travelled I was a bit apprehensive as we had other family members with us who were first timers, and obviously we wanted everything to be perfect for them.

We stayed in the Cabana's 8B - a great location, not far from the main pool, bus stop 4 or El Centro. I read a lot about how big the resort is but to be honest, I didn't find it to be THAT big, especially walking from A to B, a couple of mins at the most

All four branches of our family enjoyed CSR with ages ranging from 1 YO to 60+ we will definitely be returning again at some point in the future (lottery win pending...)

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #3634
MNDisneyChick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Piglet~

They had plenty of Mickey waffles at the Pepper Market

We stayed at CSR from 8th-26th October and absolutely loved it After reading some mixed reviews before we travelled I was a bit apprehensive as we had other family members with us who were first timers, and obviously we wanted everything to be perfect for them.

We stayed in the Cabana's 8B - a great location, not far from the main pool, bus stop 4 or El Centro. I read a lot about how big the resort is but to be honest, I didn't find it to be THAT big, especially walking from A to B, a couple of mins at the most

All four branches of our family enjoyed CSR with ages ranging from 1 YO to 60+ we will definitely be returning again at some point in the future (lottery win pending...)
I agree on the size thing. I read all over how big the resort was and didn't feel it was that big at all. We scouted CBR while we were there for our December trip and found that to be WAY bigger than CSR.

After our lunch experience at PM we opted to skip their breakfast option. Also I didn't want to pay $15 a person for Mickey waffles.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #3635
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your trip. I haven't eaten at Pepper Market since it became a buffet, but people definitely seem to love it or hate it.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:04 AM   #3636
DisneyExpert89
Earning My Ears

My girlfriend and I will be headed that way next Wednesday! We are definitely excited. We can't wait! It's her first trip since a young girl. It's only a short trip though, I have 4 fun packed days, and an interview for the mouse! It'll be a great 4 day trip to get away from it all here. So we're on a single digit countdown! Whoop whoop!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #3637
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We ate at Pepper Market for lunch and thought it was really gross.
We will be there in a few weeks. Never stayed at CSR. Why was the lunch at PM "gross" ?
*Caribbean Beach * All Star Movies * Dixie Landings * Port Orleans Riverside * Animal Kingdom Lodge * Disney Cruise - Wonder * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Polynesian * Port Orleans Riverside * All Star Music * Coronado Springs
Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #3638
MNDisneyChick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4ever View Post
We will be there in a few weeks. Never stayed at CSR. Why was the lunch at PM "gross" ?
It may have been our timing, but the food that was out looked old and had that "dried out" look over the top of it. I had the quesadillas and enchiladas and they weren't bad. I was just disappointed that there wasn't more of a fresh selection for a buffet.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #3639
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

2 more weeks!!

We will be checking in in 2 weeks and one day .....we leave 2 weeks from today, driving down.....I am trying to catch up on some of the posts and have a question that i am sure has been asked a million times.... when is a good time to do a room request....now through my travel agent or upon arrival?

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #3640
Wish Upon A Star
The TF thinks WUAS is corn cool!!
Caught Being Crabby
Has been known to wear Dorothy's red shoes and click her heels for no explicable reason :)

DH and I are checking in next Wednesday and I was a bit nervous about the size, but, since we like to TRY and do different resorts, economically, this was the best deal for us being AP's and booking sort of a last minute trip (we cancelled our 12/30 vacation and bumped it up to 11/7 to have a 2nd round of F&W Festival, and thankfully, I ordered our MVMCP tickets yesterday morning cause now they are sold out for that night . . .

After reading the posts, I'm a bit less nervous and looking forward to staying there! DH is looking forward to getting a new resort pin and hopefully a CS t-shirt . . .
Wilderness Lodge - 06/03, 10/05,
Contemporary - 08/06
Port Orleans Riverside - 10/07, 02/11, 03/13
Port Orleans French Quarter - 05/08, 10/08, 07/09, 05/10, 04/11, 05/11
Beach Club - 04/05, 07/10
Caribbean Beach - 10/10
BoardWalk Villas - 12/10
Dolphin - 10/11, 10/13, 11/13, 9/14
Yacht Club - 11/11

BoardWalk Inn - 4/12, 10/12
Coronado Springs - 11/12, 05/13, 05/14
Swan - 03/15
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #3641
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMomOf3boys View Post
We will be checking in in 2 weeks and one day .....we leave 2 weeks from today, driving down.....I am trying to catch up on some of the posts and have a question that i am sure has been asked a million times.... when is a good time to do a room request....now through my travel agent or upon arrival?
Do it PRIOR to arrival through your TA. Then if they don't meet the request, you can nicely ask at check-in if anything is available in your requested area.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #3642
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

Any suggestions on what area to request? We won't want to walk forever to the bus stops, however that's not a deal breaker...maybe near a nice pool...but will that matter in 2 weeks? Maybe something not too far to walk for breakfast? Lol...i have no idea what to request...a nice view would be great!

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 PM   #3643
~Piglet~
DIS Veteran

Quote:
After our lunch experience at PM we opted to skip their breakfast option. Also I didn't want to pay $15 a person for Mickey waffles.
I don't blame you $15pp for waffles is a bit steep...even if they are Mickey ones

We were on the dining plan so didn't have to think about food costs, which was nice. We ate at the PM a couple of times for lunch and found the food to be tasty enough (being from the UK we didn't know what some dishes were but we enjoyed trying them out ) as you say maybe you were just unlucky with your timing.... for me tea-time was the most annoying meal to have to eat at the PM! nothing wrong with the food, but surely there must be a simpler way rather than stamping those cards and having to line up for meals at different counters!!

May 2005 - 18 days, 2 weeks at Pop Century and 4 days Gulf Coast
May 2010 - 3 weeks including our Wedding - 10 days at the Pop, 7 days POR
and 5 days Honeymoon onboard the Disney Wonder

October 2012 - 17 days at CSR
May 2015 - 17 days at CSR again
Old 10-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #3644
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMomOf3boys View Post
Any suggestions on what area to request? We won't want to walk forever to the bus stops, however that's not a deal breaker...maybe near a nice pool...but will that matter in 2 weeks? Maybe something not too far to walk for breakfast? Lol...i have no idea what to request...a nice view would be great!
You might swim ...you might not; December weather is so fickle. I'd request Cabana 8a....short walk to main pool, close to quiet pool and a short walk to main building over bridge. There is parking in each section
Old 11-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #3645
msminnieears
Mouseketeer

Love the thread. We will be staying at CSR for the first time in March and this thread has got very excited. Can't wait to hear some more from those who have stayed. How long is the ride to the parks? I know what the book says about times but would like to hear from some of my dis friends.

1985-off site; 1991,1993,1995- Disney Villas; 1999- AS Movies; 2004- SSR; 2006- AS Movies; 2008- CR; 2010- POR ;March 2013 CSR; July 2014 day in MK; next trip... May 2015 Pop Century!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: