Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #3826
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYLOVER70 View Post
3LEAFS: Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary !! We too are staying at CBR for our 21st from Nov. 29-Dec 4. Never stayed at a Moderate, only Deluxe and PoP. Looking forward to it!!

Hope you get your question answered and that you have a wonderful anniversary trip!!!
Happy Anniversary to you guys too!!! I am so excited to go as we never got to go on a honeymoon so this is the first time EVER that we are going away together without kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Our walk from one of the furthest buildings in Barbados was 7 1/2 minutes but we were behind a couple with a double stroller who were walking very slowly. The walks from Jamaica Bldgs. 41 and 42 were about 5 minutes and from non-preferred buildings in Martinique were about 5 minutes as well.
Thanks so much for the response. We just stayed at AoA LM and it took about 10 minutes to walk from our room to the food court. So this I can handle!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #3827
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYLOVER70 View Post
3LEAFS: Just wanted to say Happy Anniversary !! We too are staying at CBR for our 21st from Nov. 29-Dec 4. Never stayed at a Moderate, only Deluxe and PoP. Looking forward to it!!

Hope you get your question answered and that you have a wonderful anniversary trip!!!
I know we are both checking in the same day, but I can't remember if you were checking in in the afternoon. I couldn't remember what you said on the other thread (which moves too fast to keep up with each day ). Maybe we will see each other at the food court during your stay? We're there until the 8th.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #3828
keypooh90
Lovatic

Do any of the rooms have queen beds? Or does anyone know if there are plans to add queen beds at any time soon?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #3829
dansdad
DIS Veteran

No queen beds at this time. Rumor has it they're coming in 2013.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #3830
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No queen beds at this time. Rumor has it they're coming in 2013.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #3831
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Wow! In exactly 2 weeks, we'll be checking in at Caribbean Beach for our fifth stay!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #3832
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just a note that the locks at the CBR are currently being changed to the RFID locks. Link to more info: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resor...wdwinfo.com%29

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #3833
dis_guy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just a note that the locks at the CBR are currently being changed to the RFID locks. Link to more info: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resor...wdwinfo.com%29
That's probably a very good thing too. On our last visit, we had to wait for an hour for a guy to come and change our room's lock because it would not lock properly. He said they were having a lot of trouble with the old locks.

Online check-in tomorrow!!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #3834
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

I will be checking into CBR on Thursday morning for the first time! My DH thinks we're staying at POP. I made the switch just last Saturday and he has no idea!

This will be our first moderate stay. The more picutres I look at the more excited I get. I'm going to try and take lots of photos. Not that I can add much more to what's already on the picutre thread. But around here more is usually better, right??

Thanks to everyone who updates and answers this thread. You guys have been a big help!

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
Old 10-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #3835
dansdad
DIS Veteran

sbprincess - I hope you guys have a magical time! Please do take lots of pictures!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #3836
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Sbprincess have a great time, and please share pics, even if they are similar to what is there. I have to wait until June.....
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #3837
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Newbie to CBR...

We're looking into this resort for our March trip. We're totally new to CBR and have some questions before locking in the reservation.

1. Are all non-pirate rooms going to be nemo theme rooms?
2. Which building is closest to the toddlers wading pool?
3. Is it far walk from Trinidad north to Trinidad south?
4. Does CBR have its own bus route to/from the theme parks or is it shared with another resort? (I know it makes the internal route through the villages within CBR) Does it take long to make the internal bus route around CBR?
5. Where are the preferred rooms located? Is it worth it for distance to OPRC?
6. Is the Custom House where guest services located? Does OPRC have guest services too?
7. Which playground is nicer - the one at Martinique or Trinidad south?
8. Do you prefer first or second floor room?
9. Any other special requests that you always ask for? Suggested room location?

If you have any other suggestions for a newb, I'd appreciate the insight!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #3838
dansdad
DIS Veteran

1. Yes
2. Preferred - Martinique 24, 25, 26 Trinidad North 31, 32, 33 Non-Preferred
Martinique 21, 22, 23 Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm
3. Depends on where you start/end in each village. Could be 2 minutes and
maybe 5 minutes at the most.
4. CBR does not share with any other resort. The internal loop takes about 5 to 7 minutes
5. See #1 for preferred locations. We like Jamaica 45, it takes us 5 mintues
to get to OPR and the main pool
6. Guest services has a location at OPR
7. Our DS prefers the one on Caribbean Cay
8. We prefer 2nd floor but we don't have strollers to worry about
9. We request Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor. The walk across the bridge to OPR
and the Main Pool is beautiful in the morning!

We like to schedule at least 2 resort days to just relax and enjoy CBR. It is such a peaceful and laid back resort. It's such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. To us it's like having 2 vacations in one.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #3839
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

dansdad, thanks for the info! You have sold me to try this resort. We're very excited. I googled the Caribbean Cay and saw images of it, looks like an awesome playground.

Now that I see that bridge that walks across from Jamaica/Aruba to OPR, I think I will try to request those buildings closest to the bridge instead of paying for the preferred. I like the idea of walking across the bridge. Did you generally always get your building choice?

Bus pick-ups, does it start or end from a specific building?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #3840
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
dansdad, thanks for the info! You have sold me to try this resort. We're very excited. I googled the Caribbean Cay and saw images of it, looks like an awesome playground.

Now that I see that bridge that walks across from Jamaica/Aruba to OPR, I think I will try to request those buildings closest to the bridge instead of paying for the preferred. I like the idea of walking across the bridge. Did you generally always get your building choice?

Bus pick-ups, does it start or end from a specific building?
You're very welcome! Here are some shots from one of my trips to OPR to get the family breakfast.

Caribbean Cay

We have gotten our request of Jamaica 45 our last 2 trips. We always call to book our trips, I just like talking to the CMs. I always make our requests at that time. I list them in order of preferrence, Jamaica 45 then Aruba 51 then 2nd floor. If you book online, call the reservations line with your reservation number and have them add your requests to your reservation. Remember, they are only requests. But we've had good luck.

The order of bus stops depends on which entrance the driver uses. If using the side entrance, Jamaica is firt. If using the main entrance, Martinique is first.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: