Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #76
monique5
DVC - BLT
 
monique5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 612

I can't wait until February. Made ADRs the day reservations opened! We will try BoG for lunch too. Bring on the gray stuff!
monique5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #77
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,373

There was a 80's horror movie called "The Stuff" that was about a company selling a creamy yogurt like substance that people would eat but would slowly turn them into zombies,as long as this gray stuff is not like that I can't wait to try it!
__________________
DOOM1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #78
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran
 
thesupersmartguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 3,008

Update: Had dinner at BOG tonight. Honestly, not as good as lunch. Rather overpriced for what you get. The grey stuff can not be ordered, it is given for special occasions. As far as the wine goes, a $9 glass is not even a full 2 oz pour. It's more of a sip.
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.



Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #79
fflmaster
DIS Veteran
 
fflmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 791

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
There was a 80's horror movie called "The Stuff" that was about a company selling a creamy yogurt like substance that people would eat but would slowly turn them into zombies,as long as this gray stuff is not like that I can't wait to try it!
"The Stuff"


My family still loves to joke about this movie anytime we see people eating yogurt.
__________________



_____________________________________________
fflmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #80
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
"The Stuff"


My family still loves to joke about this movie anytime we see people eating yogurt.
I'm amazed there's someone else out there that even knows about that movie.
__________________
DOOM1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #81
mom0299
DIS Veteran
 
mom0299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 10 hours from the Mouse
Posts: 1,014

Thanks for the review. We hope to try it for lunch in June.
__________________
Me DH DS DD

Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings - 1993 Family Trip @ CR - 2004 Family Trip @ CSR - 2006 Family Christmas Trip @ All Star Sports - 2006 New Year Grand Gathering @ Pop - 2007/2008 Family Christmas Trip @ CBR - 2010 Family Trip @ POR - 2013
mom0299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:26 AM   #82
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.
 
GreenCntryGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
Update: Had dinner at BOG tonight. Honestly, not as good as lunch. Rather overpriced for what you get. The grey stuff can not be ordered, it is given for special occasions. As far as the wine goes, a $9 glass is not even a full 2 oz pour. It's more of a sip.
What entree did you try?

Did you have any children with you that ordered fromt he children's menu and if so what did they try?

Did you get seated in a new room from lunch?

I'm full of questions!
__________________
#AbedForEpisodeVII
#sixseasonsandamovie

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #83
tony67
I always get odd looks when I put mayo on my fries
Ask for Pepe - "The Master"
 
tony67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I'm amazed there's someone else out there that even knows about that movie.
I have it on DVD
__________________
Disclaimer: Everything I've ever told you has been a lie. Including that.

If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always depend on the support of Paul.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

Be seeing you.
tony67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #84
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?
 
princessmurdough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl

What entree did you try?

Did you have any children with you that ordered fromt he children's menu and if so what did they try?

Did you get seated in a new room from lunch?

I'm full of questions!
I agree!! How did you get in, just lucky? Was it after cm hours?? I thought it was lunch only this week? But yes, what did you have????
__________________
princessmurdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #85
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran
 
thesupersmartguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 3,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl View Post
What entree did you try?

Did you have any children with you that ordered fromt he children's menu and if so what did they try?

Did you get seated in a new room from lunch?

I'm full of questions!
We were in a hurry, so we stuck mostly to appetizers.
I, enjoying food as much as I do asked the surrounding tables about their entrees. They thought the taste of the meal (steak and the pork rack chop) was good, but overpriced.

We personally had 2 glasses of wine, the cured meats platter and french onion soup.

As far as seating, we were in a different room. We were seated in the west wing which was rather dark for a dining experience. The menu had to be read with a flashlight. Interesting, but I prefer the ballroom.

All in all it was a great experience. If you can't get a dining reservation don't worry. The quick service is just as good as dinner, and fairly cheaper.
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.



Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #86
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran
 
thesupersmartguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 3,008

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough View Post
I agree!! How did you get in, just lucky? Was it after cm hours?? I thought it was lunch only this week? But yes, what did you have????
It was around 5:15 when I got there. They were taking walk ups for dinner. It was luck indeed!
__________________
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.



Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #87
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.
 
GreenCntryGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
We were in a hurry, so we stuck mostly to appetizers.
I, enjoying food as much as I do asked the surrounding tables about their entrees. They thought the taste of the meal (steak and the pork rack chop) was good, but overpriced.

We personally had 2 glasses of wine, the cured meats platter and french onion soup.

As far as seating, we were in a different room. We were seated in the west wing which was rather dark for a dining experience. The menu had to be read with a flashlight. Interesting, but I prefer the ballroom.

All in all it was a great experience. If you can't get a dining reservation don't worry. The quick service is just as good as dinner, and fairly cheaper.
Thank you for sharing. The West Wing is the one I'm most looking forward to but if it's that dark I could end up wearing half my meal on my shirt!
__________________
#AbedForEpisodeVII
#sixseasonsandamovie

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: