Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #1696
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Sandy is slowly approaching our area and it's just a waiting game. So glad we still have power so I can come here to the DIS and get away from it even for a few minutes.

We are contemplating whether to upgrade to the SL or stay in a regular GV room. It's between purchasing another piece of art from the Art of Disney or upgrading to the SL. DH says SL and me and our DS16 say art piece (which will last us a lot longer than the SL). I think we know who is going to win this one.
Thinking of you tonight. I hope your power remains and that your family is snug as a bug through the storm. Good luck with the debate.

MomtoGKC, Big Pine Key is closest to the lobby. Sago Cay is closest to the bus stop. Sago Cay and Sugar Loaf are near Gasparilla's but Sugar Loaf is club level. Happy planning!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #1697
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
MomtoGKC, Big Pine Key is closest to the lobby. Sago Cay is closest to the bus stop. Sago Cay and Sugar Loaf are near Gasparilla's but Sugar Loaf is club level. Happy planning!

Thank you so much! Now I have to go figure out my budget and see if my mom has any input!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #1698
Simba's Girl
DIS Veteran

Forgive me if this is someplace else, but I don't have time to search the 100+ pages...

Can you see Wishes from the RPC...and can you see Wishes from a CLMK view (RPC)?

What about Wishes from a nonCL MK view?

Thx
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #1699
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic - I hope you and all our posters in and around the East coast are safe and well today. I'll be thinking of you.

MomtoGKC - Welcome! Most garden view rooms have a lovely view of the grounds, we usually choose garden view over lagoon or theme park view (we've gone many times and don't have little ones).

As BCV23 posted, Big Pine Key is nearest the main lobby, but the Grand is quite compact. None of the buildings are very far, probably the farthest is a 4 minute walk.

First floor rooms have patios, but they are enclosed by railing - I'll post a photo so you can visualize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Girl View Post
Forgive me if this is someplace else, but I don't have time to search the 100+ pages...

Can you see Wishes from the RPC...and can you see Wishes from a CLMK view (RPC)?

What about Wishes from a nonCL MK view?

Thx
You can see Wishes from some of the seating in RPC, especially on the upper floors. There are theme park view rooms in the main building, you can book "main building - theme park view - club level" if it is available.

There are many non-CL theme park view rooms. These are available in the booking engine as "outer building - theme park view."

HTH!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #1700
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

MomtoGKC - Here is the photo I mentioned, you can see the enclosed patios on the first floor.

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 10-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #1701
cgulls
Mouseketeer

updated pool photos

These are from wdwmagic.com

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...akes-shape.htm
Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #1702
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

cgulls - thanks for the link! The photos look very much like the ones posted by Cali-D last week. Not a lot of work being done at the moment, I guess.

I'm still confused where the zero entry will be...does it look to anyone else like it might be on the right of the photos, near the hot tub? The logical place (at least to me) was from the shallow end near Conch Key, but it seems as if there is still a barrier there. Hard to tell from the photos.:
Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #1703
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
cgulls - thanks for the link! The photos look very much like the ones posted by Cali-D last week. Not a lot of work being done at the moment, I guess.

I'm still confused where the zero entry will be...does it look to anyone else like it might be on the right of the photos, near the hot tub? The logical place (at least to me) was from the shallow end near Conch Key, but it seems as if there is still a barrier there. Hard to tell from the photos.:
I was just thinking the same thing when I looked at the pics - which side is zero entry???

Either way I just hope it's done a bit earlier than expected and before my stay in December!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #1704
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The article says that the zero entry feature is nearest the camera. But I agree with you; it's really not obvious at all.

I also agree there doesn't appear to be much progress with the pool or with the DVC building, based on recent photos.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #1705
LINDATHEPOOH
Mouseketeer

Courtyard pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
I can't tell from these photos. Are they REALLY getting rid of the deep end?? I hope not!!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #1706
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I was just thinking the same thing when I looked at the pics - which side is zero entry???

Either way I just hope it's done a bit earlier than expected and before my stay in December!!!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
The article says that the zero entry feature is nearest the camera. But I agree with you; it's really not obvious at all.

I also agree there doesn't appear to be much progress with the pool or with the DVC building, based on recent photos.
Thanks, I didn't notice there was an article attached - just looked at the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDATHEPOOH View Post
I can't tell from these photos. Are they REALLY getting rid of the deep end?? I hope not!!
There have been several reports from posters who have talked with CMs that they ARE filling in the deep end of the courtyard pool. We hoped this was not the case, but it certainly looks like it from the photos. By "filling in" we mean making less deep, just to clarify.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #1707
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, I didn't notice there was an article attached - just looked at the photos.

There have been several reports from posters who have talked with CMs that they ARE filling in the deep end of the courtyard pool. We hoped this was not the case, but it certainly looks like it from the photos. By "filling in" we mean making less deep, just to clarify.
I bet it's true with the inflection of dvc will come a bigger percentage of children to the resort, I'm betting. . They're making it more child friendly, or at least trying to get away from the wrongly perceived idea that it wasn't to begin with.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #1708
cgulls
Mouseketeer

more on the pool

This morning I listed to the Unofficial Guide podcast with Jim Hill. The topic was water parks but near the end of the podcast they talked about sandy bottom pools "like they're doing with the courtyard pool at the Grand Floridian". No idea if they're correct but that could be fun.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #1709
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This morning I listed to the Unofficial Guide podcast with Jim Hill. The topic was water parks but near the end of the podcast they talked about sandy bottom pools "like they're doing with the courtyard pool at the Grand Floridian". No idea if they're correct but that could be fun.
"...listened to..." not "...listed to..."
Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #1710
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamj View Post
I bet it's true with the inflection of dvc will come a bigger percentage of children to the resort, I'm betting. . They're making it more child friendly, or at least trying to get away from the wrongly perceived idea that it wasn't to begin with.
This could be so, but SAB has an 8-foot deep section!! There are a ton of children over there, and the pool is more spread out, so I'm hard pressed to see how the courtyard pool at GF is an issue. They apparently filled in the deeper end in the quiet pool at the Poly a year or so ago, even though that pool is smaller.

I'm just grumbling 'cause we love the deep end, so no excuse will please me.

Quote:
Interesting thought - I wonder if they simply misunderstood the photos, and interpreted the sand layer for the fill as a finished pool floor? I guess we'll soon know.

Quote:
"...listened to..." not "...listed to..."
I assumed it was a typo, I often find one in my own posts and have to edit.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: