Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Room-Only one night, then Vacation Package - Help Please

We are checking into AoA on Nov 8th (our plane arrives at 11:15 AM). This will be a room-only reservation for one night, then our vacation package (with FD) begins on Nov 9th and ends Nov 17.

We would like to go to EPCOT on the 8th, but our 9-day park tix are included in the vacation package that begins on the 9th. Can we get them early to use on the 8th? I know our dining plan won't begin until the 9th. What happens when we check in to our vacation package on the 9th - can they put the remaining 8-day tix on our KTTW cards?

Also, how does the check-out/check-in procedure work? Will it be complicated checking out of our room-only reservation and checking into our vacation package reservation? Do you think we'll have to move rooms? (We have LM rooms for both reservations.) We are going to MVMCP the night of the 9th, and not planning to go to any parks that morning/early afternoon (planning to arrive at MK at 4 PM for the party), so we don't have to worry about rushing around in the morning. I'm just hoping we're not without a room for hours because we are planning to let the kids nap before the party.

We've never done 2 reservations before, so any advice you can give me regarding the switch-over would be much appreciated!!

I forgot to mention we have 2 rooms; hoping for connecting.... you know, just to complicate matters.

Last edited by luvmyguyz; 10-29-2012 at 04:34 PM.
luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz View Post
We are checking into AoA on Nov 8th (our plane arrives at 11:15 AM). This will be a room-only reservation for one night, then our vacation package (with FD) begins on Nov 9th and ends Nov 17.

We would like to go to EPCOT on the 8th, but our 9-day park tix are included in the vacation package that begins on the 9th. Can we get them early to use on the 8th? I know our dining plan won't begin until the 9th. What happens when we check in to our vacation package on the 9th - can they put the remaining 8-day tix on our KTTW cards?

Also, how does the check-out/check-in procedure work? Will it be complicated checking out of our room-only reservation and checking into our vacation package reservation? Do you think we'll have to move rooms? (We have LM rooms for both reservations.) We are going to MVMCP the night of the 9th, and not planning to go to any parks that morning/early afternoon (planning to arrive at MK at 4 PM for the party), so we don't have to worry about rushing around in the morning. I'm just hoping we're not without a room for hours because we are planning to let the kids nap before the party.

We've never done 2 reservations before, so any advice you can give me regarding the switch-over would be much appreciated!!
You can go to a GS in the park or DTD and pick up your tickets up to 3 days before your package starts - so you'll be fine the day before. They can throw the tix on your KTTW the next day.

Check in/out won't be too bad. Nothing unusual. Make sure it is noted on your r/o stay that you have a continuing res in the same room type. There is no guarantee that you won't have to move - it just depends on availability. But 9/10 you'll be fine and get to stay in the same room.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Really hoping we won't have to move, but I'm not planning to unpack until the next day, just in case!

luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: