Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
MarvelPrincess
Earning My Ears

Best Cozumel Excursions For Adults?

I was looking at the excursions and cant decide what would be the best for my family since the youngest of us is 16. I want to do something historical but the only requirement is that it doesnt take up our entire time at port. Also, If anyone knows of any really great authentic Mexican food in the area can you let me know where? Thanks
MarvelPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

We went without kids, but our two favorite things was just walking along the coast boardwalk and snorkling.

Personally I loved snorkling, it was so beautiful and relaxing once I got the hang of it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

Google Amazing Cozumel Race.

It is an excursion for other cruise lines, but DCL hasn't joined in yet. I read elsewhere that you can contact the people that run it and let them know you are interested but your cruise line doesn't offer the race. I'd love to do this, but DD is too young to run around Cozumel with us. It is similar to the TV show Amazing Race. You follow clues and it ends at a Mexican restaurants where you can get lunch and drinks. I think it takes a few hours to complete, depending on how fast you are.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
jennab05
Mouseketeer

Im getting on the Fantasy for the western cruise in 10 days and we signed up for the Dolphin Excursion in Cozumel - the one where you stay on the platform and the dolphin(s) come to you. I have an extreme fear of deep water if I cannot touch the bottom otherwise I would have done the swim with the dolphin one. We booked it thru disney so in the event we can't dock or something happens we will be able to hopefully get our money back and are guaranteed not to miss the ship if it leaves before we're done. It isn't historical but something cool.

As far as food goes I heard that Senor Frogs is good and I believe there is a location on Cozumel and Costa Maya... I don't know what the menu is like but I hear a ton of people like it.
jennab05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
Hope2cruise
Mouseketeer

We did the Secret River tour and had a great time. They provide you with an authentic mexican lunch after your tour. At the end, we had about an hour and a half to shop before heading back to the ship. The cave system was amazing to see and the guides were great. Lunch was really good too. It was a buffet style with several options.
09/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise, 02/11 Pop, 02/11 AS Sports, 02/05 AKL, 02/05 AS Movies, 02/02 Off site, 01/94 Off site, 09/92 Land & Sea Honeymoon, Big Red Boat /Contemporary, 1974 – 1990 Off site multiple times.
Hope2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: