Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Question Rose & Crown - What are my odds?

I understand that the Rose & Crown back patio has the primo seats for watching Illuminations. However, I also understand that those are coveted real estate. We have a 7:20 reservation on a Monday in early Feb. What are my odds of actually getting one of those great tables? I hate to wait the allowed hour with a 5yr old and still not be able to get one of the good seats.

Thanks!
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
sjw4870
DIS Veteran

I've tried and failed to do this many times. However, on my last time eating there (2 or 3 years ago?) our server said we could go outside to a private area roped off for rosé and crown guests. Illuminations was starting right as we were finishing so it worked out pretty well (though not as well as scoring the patio table would have!). Good luck!
sjw4870 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Good to know! Aside from the fact that you were standing vs. sitting (which doesn't really make a difference to me), was the view as good? Was the roped off area very crowded? And I'm guessing by the fact that you've been there several times that you like the food, yes? We've never been there but the menu sounds interesting and I generally love pub type eateries. Last year, we watched Illuminations from a prime spot on the patio of the Mexican CS restaurant on the lake (La Cantina?). Even though the view was "good," the show just didn't seem as spectacular as the time before when we were just standing at the edge of the lake. Can't remember for sure what country we were in but it might have been in or near the U.S. stuff. Basically, I think the angle of viewing is as important as having an unobstructed view, so I'm wondering if Rose & Crown is really all that.

TIA!
1/31-2/9/14
Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
TheRustyScupper
Coordinator: GKTW. Volunteer: Kiwanis & SCORE. Board Member: Make-A-Wish. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty Good Sailing Captain.

UK & MEXICO SEAT POLICY FOR ILLUMINATIONS:

1) You CANNOT wait for a patio (UK) or window (Mexico) table,
2) You must take the table offered when it is offered.
3) If not, your ADR is canceled.
4) Too many people would wait for a viewing table.
5) If they didn't get it they left.
6) So, there were unused tables and lost revenue.
7) So, the policy is you take what is offered.
8) In fact, the Podium person verifies you will take the offered table.

NOTE: Even with the above policy, we have seen people get a viewing
table by asking for it. IF they are not too busy, which doesn't happen
often, they will try to accommodate you.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

I didn't realize that. The last I read was that they allowed you to wait up to an hour to try to get a viewing table. Wondering if it's worth it to try or just vie for a spot on the lake with the rest of the crowd. And if we don't go for it, is Rose & Crown still worth eating at or would you choose someplace else? We're also doing Biergarten on another night.
1/31-2/9/14
Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

I love Rose and Crown! The food is good, service is usually good and if you are lucky enough to get a decent patio table the view for Illuminations is excellent! We were lucky enough to get one on an ADR we made while on honeymoon, it was May 2010 and it was relatively quiet so I think they were sprinkling a little pixie dust on your trip We didn't even request it!!
I have seen families before kicking up a fuss over being offered a table other than a patio table and the staff have been polite but firm in telling them they must take whats offered or basically they can eat elsewhere. The demand for patio tables for Illuminations is HIGH and I've never seen them let patrons wait an hour or anything like that to get a preferred table! We usually stake out a spot near R&C if we are not eating there for Illuminations, its generally one of the best viewing positions IMO - and easy enough to get out of the park after the show as you're close to the entrance to FW! Best of luck with your decision!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: