Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
hokie98
Mouseketeer

We were in WDW last week, and I had made 2 ADRs at Kona. One on Sun PM and another for lunch on Fri (in case of tired/cranky kids). Long story short, I ended up canceling both KC ADRs and there were no other time slots that would work for us. I knew we'd be in DTD late Fri, and found an ADR spot at Raglan Road. I would say it was our very best meal of the week (granted, 3 of our 7 meals were AYCE character meals, which are never the *best* food in the world...). I had the special, which was scallops au gratin (3 large sea scallops, with mashed potatoes, covered with a Dublin cheese cream sauce, topped with watercress), while DH had the steak, and DD had the kids burger. DH said his steak wasn't the best cut of meat he's ever had, but was quite happy with it, saying the glaze was delicious. DD's burger looked to be on a homemade bun, and it was a nice patty (one of the better kids meals she had all week). The bread pudding for dessert was crazy good. I'd love to have some of it right now! It was such a large serving, and so very good, that we got a box to go and ate the rest the next AM for breakfast. As PP mentioned, the atmosphere was great, and the dancers were fun. I would find it hard to imagine KC would have better atmosphere. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! On our next trip, it's definitely a 'must-do'.

POR - Royal Room (10/12)
ASSp (01/09)
Daytrip to MK (11/00)
Spring Break trip visiting college roommate interning @ WDW & toured AK 2 weeks before opening to the public! (04/98)
hokie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Hi there, we just went to both for the first time last September. Kona was planned, and we thought we would love it as it is one of our favorite breakfasts, but we did not! The food was flavorless for the most part, and just lacked something. I had read great reviews, but honestly, we have a party of 6, and nothing was memorable. We were highly disappointed!

Later in the trip we made an unscheduled trip to Raglan and I swore I would never eat there! I was pleasantly surprised! the food was yummy, and portions were large! The service was great and even the kids loved it! We went for lunch when it is more quiet, but I could see it being fun at night when more full!

Hope that was helpful, please inbox with any specific questions!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: