Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Sharing Meals

Hi guys! Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out.

Next summer a group of us is going to WDW for six nights and we were debating between the regular and the deluxe dining plans. We definitely want to do one signature so that means we would get 5 table service meals on the regular one. We definitely want more than that, but not as many as on the deluxe, so we decided to pay OOP for some.

Now to my question. I know that on the DDP you can't share meals, but what if you are paying OOP?? Can we share two or three meals between four of us? And specifically I remember hearing something that Via Napoli extremely does not allow this, so is that for the regular meals or can we not split a pizza?

Thanks again guys!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayyyloooo View Post
Hi guys! Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out.

Next summer a group of us is going to WDW for six nights and we were debating between the regular and the deluxe dining plans. We definitely want to do one signature so that means we would get 5 table service meals on the regular one. We definitely want more than that, but not as many as on the deluxe, so we decided to pay OOP for some.

Now to my question. I know that on the DDP you can't share meals, but what if you are paying OOP?? Can we share two or three meals between four of us? And specifically I remember hearing something that Via Napoli extremely does not allow this, so is that for the regular meals or can we not split a pizza?

Thanks again guys!
On the DP, for my DS12 and I, I was able to use a TS credit for myself while paying OOP for his. So essentially, I used 1 TS credit. This was fine and totally allowed.

Paying OOP at Via is different from the DP. As far as I know, anything goes when paying OOP. Theyre VERY strict with DP customers thou. If the 4 of you are paying OOP at Via and want 2 personal size pizza's, then thats totally fine. Same applies to restaurants, when paying OOP you can get as many meals as you like.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
On the DP, for my DS12 and I, I was able to use a TS credit for myself while paying OOP for his. So essentially, I used 1 TS credit. This was fine and totally allowed.

Paying OOP at Via is different from the DP. As far as I know, anything goes when paying OOP. Theyre VERY strict with DP customers thou. If the 4 of you are paying OOP at Via and want 2 personal size pizza's, then thats totally fine. Same applies to restaurants, when paying OOP you can get as many meals as you like.
Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to hear!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

Quote:
I know that on the DDP you can't share meals, but what if you are paying OOP??
PP has answered you for Via Napoli, but I just wanted to clarify - you absolutely can share meals on DDP with members of your room/party.

You just can't pay for people not in your party/room with your credits.

Of course, in all-you-can-eat/buffet situations, this does not apply.

But in regular CS and TS locations (Via Napoli aside), you can order one meal and split it between two of you at will. I do this frequently with my mom or other travelmates, because in most cases portions are just so big at WDW restaurants anyway, that we don't both want a whole meal.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
PP has answered you for Via Napoli, but I just wanted to clarify - you absolutely can share meals on DDP with members of your room/party.

You just can't pay for people not in your party/room with your credits.

Of course, in all-you-can-eat/buffet situations, this does not apply.

But in regular CS and TS locations (Via Napoli aside), you can order one meal and split it between two of you at will. I do this frequently with my mom or other travelmates, because in most cases portions are just so big at WDW restaurants anyway, that we don't both want a whole meal.
Thank you! I was under the assumption that on the DDP one meal was for one person! This will definitely come in handy!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
catne
DIS Veteran

have to clarify a bit further...you cannot share any "family style" meals (like Whispering Canyon Cafe) or any buffets anywhere on property. They will charge for everyone at the table whether you using dining plan or paying cash.

AND some of the non-Disney restaurants are also very picky about sharing on the DDP (not just Via Napoli) La Hacienda told us no sharing, except the entrees for 2 can be shared by 2 people but will take 2 credits. Les Chefs has been picky about sharing while using DDP.

The Disney owned restaurants were OK with it as long as it's not family-style or buffet.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
have to clarify a bit further...you cannot share any "family style" meals (like Whispering Canyon Cafe) or any buffets anywhere on property. They will charge for everyone at the table whether you using dining plan or paying cash.

AND some of the non-Disney restaurants are also very picky about sharing on the DDP (not just Via Napoli) La Hacienda told us no sharing, except the entrees for 2 can be shared by 2 people but will take 2 credits. Les Chefs has been picky about sharing while using DDP.

The Disney owned restaurants were OK with it as long as it's not family-style or buffet.
Ok thank you. I knew you couldn't share at buffets because that wouldn't make much sense at all. But thanks for the heads up on the other restaurants.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I may have read it wrong, but in case I didn't....

If you are staying 6 nights you'll get 6 TS meals on the DDP. If you do a signature for 2 TS you'd only have 4 TS left over, not 5 TS.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
catne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I may have read it wrong, but in case I didn't....

If you are staying 6 nights you'll get 6 TS meals on the DDP. If you do a signature for 2 TS you'd only have 4 TS left over, not 5 TS.
I think you may have read it wrong...I believe the OP was saying they will be there 6 nights, but since they want one signature meal they will only have enough credits for 5 total table service meals on the regular dining plan (4 restaurants @ 1 TS credit, an 1 restaurant @ 2 TS credit); this is correct.

She didn't actally say anything about 5 leftover after using 2.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
I think you may have read it wrong...I believe the OP was saying they will be there 6 nights, but since they want one signature meal they will only have enough credits for 5 total table service meals (4 @ 1 TS credit, an 1 @ 2 TS credit); this is correct.

She didn't actally say anything about 5 leftover after using 2.
Yea, this is what I meant, that we would have 5 total table service meals. Sorry for the confusion
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
teller80
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hijack, but I'm confused. If you are paying out of pocket, there are some places you can't split a meal? I didn't know that. Can you tell me where besides Via Napoli and La Hacienda (and buffets/family meals). Thank you!
teller80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teller80 View Post
Sorry to hijack, but I'm confused. If you are paying out of pocket, there are some places you can't split a meal? I didn't know that. Can you tell me where besides Via Napoli and La Hacienda (and buffets/family meals). Thank you!
No, that's what I was asking. I thought I had heard that you can't split even if you are paying out of pocket but they said its not true. The only place you can't split for paying out of pocket are buffets and family style.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yea, this is what I meant, that we would have 5 total table service meals. Sorry for the confusion
Not a big deal at all! It was my fault, not yours! IF I had read that right, I would hate to think I had a credit that I didn't and not find out until the last minute!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
jayyyloooo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Not a big deal at all! It was my fault, not yours! IF I had read that right, I would hate to think I had a credit that I didn't and not find out until the last minute!!!
No problem! Thanks for pointing out the possible mistakes! Always good to check and double check!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: