Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Disney Fans
Disney Fans

Need ideas for x-mas presents ( of how to tell) kids about upcoming Disney cruise!!!

Any ideas for this please let me know!!

Last edited by Disney Fans; 10-30-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Disney Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
lilbuddy88
Mouseketeer

We had goofy/ mickey call and tell the kids about the cruise. you can set it up when you pull up the planning center under your reservation
lilbuddy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Sharonstamps
One shoe can change your life

Wink

Do a little treasure hunt and give hints as clues, then you can give a little gift at each direction - like gold pirate coins, etc. Use things Disney but use them at the end so they don't figure it out so quickly. At the end, present the "grand prize" (something Disney Cruise related) and give a certificate passage for your voyage and roll it up like a scroll.
Sharonstamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Cond1108
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Fans
Any ideas for this please let me know!!
Disney cruise line has character calls on your reservation summary page on their website. You can choose Capitan Micky or Goofy and you can choose what phone and what time they call. Or have or oldest child (or someone you can trust) tell the rest of your children where they think their gift is for Christmas and then when then all get to a small place like a closet you will scream out " we're going on a disney cruise!!!" Or something like that. It's not the best but still get it on camera somehow for memories! Have fun!
Cond1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

For our kids, we had two cruises planned (one in January on the Wonder and one in April on the Dream) that I wanted to surprise them with. I ordered (from ebay) two DCL vinylmations since my kids collect them. Then I asked one of the people on the design thread to make me two custom graphics. They each said X and Y, pack your bags because your heading to the Disney Wonder (Dream) and it listed the date.

Each kid unwrapped one vinylmation and one graphic (that I had framed) while I sat back and watched through the video camera

They both thought the vinylmation was cool but didn't catch on until they read the graphic. Even then, it took my son a little longer for it to sink in. But with the help of his sister, they were screaming in excitement in no time
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

How about getting an over the door shoe holder, the one with lots of compartments and use it as a Christmas countdown. You can decorate the front of each with a Christmas picture and # each. Put a small gift the kids could use on the cruise in each pocket like glow in the dark necklaces or something. You could tape each one shut and let the kids open one each day. For the last day then you could put a picture of the cruise ship or something to let them in on the big surprise. You can then use the holder plus all the gifts on your cruise.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Disneystore.com offers cruise line merchandise.

How about sailor Mickey and Minnie.
Antenna topper
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Snorkel. Sun tan lotion. Small carry on bag
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
spencertracy1976
Earning My Ears

We have gotten our boys on eBay personalized autograph books, trading pins, and personalized magnets for Xmas in preparation of the cruise. I also got them snorkel gear end of summer clearance.
spencertracy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
JustTJ
Luv Dising

We did the treasure hunt idea. The kids opened a card on the tree that started it all. They were led to different spots where they'd find a gift wrapped up, like some rubber ducks attached to bottles of water, and each gift would include another clue card. The final gift found, contained a puzzel I had made up. When it was all put together, it spelled out that they were going on a cruise with the dates, stateroom ect.... I think I still have the rhymes I used for the treasure hunt, if anyone would like me to send them to you, contact me via pm with an email address to send them to. The kids had a lot of fun with this
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
3Mickeys
Mouseketeer

Jigsaw puzzle

We gave our first cruise to our kids for Christmas two years ago. They were ages 8, 10 and 12. I had my sister who is a graphic designer create an image of my family standing on a beach in front of the Magic. Up in the sky in disney font it said "Smith Family Cruise, Disney Magic, February 26, 2010". I then took the image and had a puzzle made of it. My idea was to give them the pieces and make them figure it out. But once it arrived, I realized the puzzle was pretty hard and it would have taken them an hour or two, and on Christmas Day, I didn't want them to lose interest! So instead I kept it in the box, and then wrapped the box in 4-5 different boxes. Also wrapped up the vacation planning dvd, two disney cruise planning books, Lots of documents I had gotten from Disney that had info on our itinerary.

It was great... My 10 year old burst into tears. My youngest didn't quite get it, she thought the gift was a puzzle. We videotaped it and it is priceless. Near the end my youngest said "How did you pay for it?!"

Good luck. It will be fun.
3Mickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

What a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
How about getting an over the door shoe holder, the one with lots of compartments and use it as a Christmas countdown. You can decorate the front of each with a Christmas picture and # each. Put a small gift the kids could use on the cruise in each pocket like glow in the dark necklaces or something. You could tape each one shut and let the kids open one each day. For the last day then you could put a picture of the cruise ship or something to let them in on the big surprise. You can then use the holder plus all the gifts on your cruise.
What a great idea! We are also trying to surprise our kids, but not on Christmas. Thanks!
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: