Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #451
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
quick update: we checked out this morning and then checked back in since they had to book it under the "hurricane" code. we're flying out friday morning now. we got a nice cm this time, which makes all the difference. we're just resting at the hotel today and then we plan to do universal studios and islands of adventure tomorrow and thursday. we might as well while we're here!! i'm super excited to get to go to wizarding world since our original plans couldn't fit it. and we are scheduling a mears shuttle to pick us up from pop and take us to universal studios. it's $19 per person roundtrip. does anyone have experience using them for this particular run? does anyone have other transportation suggestions (besides renting a car, which would not be cost efficient for us)? thanks!!!
Out of curiosity you could ask one of the cab drivers at POP how much they charge. The cabs are parked to the far left as you enter the main parking lot.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #452
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovbeinmom View Post
We went a few years back and used cab service. It was 3 of us and I think it was only like $25 each way. Depending on the number of people a cab might be cheaper.
thanks! i'm not sure what to do. it's 2 of us (and we share our money since we're a couple), and we were given an estimate of $50 each way by cab. even if it's $25 each way, it is still a little more expensive than taking the shuttle. i just have no concept of how long it will take to get from pop to universal using a shuttle. since it's a shuttle, i assume it picks up at other locations as well. i know it's only like a 25 min drive to universal from pop, but that won't include picking up other guests i imagine. this is so hard for me because i planned my disney trip so meticulously and for months. now we suddenly decided to do universal, which i have done no research for! so i am freaking out!

we are also trying to decide if we should do universal studios in addition to islands of adventure. there just isn't that much to do at the studios. maybe i'm wrong. i don't know!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #453
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Out of curiosity you could ask one of the cab drivers at POP how much they charge. The cabs are parked to the far left as you enter the main parking lot.
well it certainly doesn't hurt to ask! we're heading downtown tonight, so i'll swing over to the cab line on our way to the buses. thanks for the tip!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #454
Whazzatk
Mouseketeer

So, to start, I did look at the first posts of the thread...

I see that POP has hairdryers. The first post of the thread says they reportedly don't work well. Anyone have any idea? Wondering if I should bring mine? We fly out Thursday AM!
2014- POR

ME DH DD10 DS9 DS2
Old 10-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #455
lovbeinmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis

thanks! i'm not sure what to do. it's 2 of us (and we share our money since we're a couple), and we were given an estimate of $50 each way by cab. even if it's $25 each way, it is still a little more expensive than taking the shuttle. i just have no concept of how long it will take to get from pop to universal using a shuttle. since it's a shuttle, i assume it picks up at other locations as well. i know it's only like a 25 min drive to universal from pop, but that won't include picking up other guests i imagine. this is so hard for me because i planned my disney trip so meticulously and for months. now we suddenly decided to do universal, which i have done no research for! so i am freaking out!

we are also trying to decide if we should do universal studios in addition to islands of adventure. there just isn't that much to do at the studios. maybe i'm wrong. i don't know!
I hate winging it but I guess extra days at Disney winging it or not id better then being at work...lol

I found it hard to do both parks and we did not wait in line to ride much....my then 7 year old was not able to ride a lot because of his small size. Maybe you can do one park and then upgrade to a hopper later in the day...worth asking!! Good luck!! We should be there tomorrow at 11pm if our flight is on time....it is coming from NC so it should....🙏
2009 AsMu - Our 1st MNSSHP with the MA Family
2010 CBR - Our 1st MVMCP with YaYa, Morgan & Marek
2011 Our 1st Disney Dream Cruise with one night at the Contemporary
2012 Wilderness Villas - Girls Night at Disney - Mother/Daugther Trip

Hoping DH will let me plan a trip for 2013 to see the expansion then on to planning a Disneyland vacation!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #456
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
quick update: we checked out this morning and then checked back in since they had to book it under the "hurricane" code. we're flying out friday morning now. we got a nice cm this time, which makes all the difference. we're just resting at the hotel today and then we plan to do universal studios and islands of adventure tomorrow and thursday. we might as well while we're here!! i'm super excited to get to go to wizarding world since our original plans couldn't fit it. and we are scheduling a mears shuttle to pick us up from pop and take us to universal studios. it's $19 per person roundtrip. does anyone have experience using them for this particular run? does anyone have other transportation suggestions (besides renting a car, which would not be cost efficient for us)? thanks!!!
Well, I am happy to read your CM was completely different this time. We visited Universal and loved the WWoHP ... we had 2 teenagers who were in love with Harry so we spent a large amount of our time in that area (but I loved it as well).

That being said, over two days I would spend 1 1/2 days at IOA and 1/2 day at the studio... is it much more $$ for a park-to-park tix?? We purchased a 3 day park to park tix at Costco (approx $145).

Quote:

If you have never toured the studios, I would do it (love E.T.) ... no experience with Mears as we decided to rent a car as it didn't make sense for us to take Mears as we had 4 people and planned to spend 3 days there.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #457
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Room Request Question

I have read several previous posts on this subject, but wanted some general feedback from those of you who know...

We will be arriving at PoP on December 10th for our first time staying at PoP. Our travel arrangements were made with a TA. I asked our TA to add a couple of request to our room reservations. I asked for 50s/building 3, lakeview. We have a total of 3 standard rooms reserved. The previous request in the beginning was for two of the three to be connecting and the reservations are linked as well.....I received a reply from my TA that the 50s building #3 request was made, but they were not able to make the lakeview request due to that not being included as a view for standard rooms. Is this correct?? They were told it would have to be under the pool/waterview category. I thought I had read previously that others have had lakeview rooms that were standard rooms. Thanks and sorry for the LONG message
Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #458
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
I have read several previous posts on this subject, but wanted some general feedback from those of you who know...

We will be arriving at PoP on December 10th for our first time staying at PoP. Our travel arrangements were made with a TA. I asked our TA to add a couple of request to our room reservations. I asked for 50s/building 3, lakeview. We have a total of 3 standard rooms reserved. The previous request in the beginning was for two of the three to be connecting and the reservations are linked as well.....I received a reply from my TA that the 50s building #3 request was made, but they were not able to make the lakeview request due to that not being included as a view for standard rooms. Is this correct?? They were told it would have to be under the pool/waterview category. I thought I had read previously that others have had lakeview rooms that were standard rooms. Thanks and sorry for the LONG message
We've had a lakeview room twice at Pop, and both times it was standard. i don't think that has changed? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #459
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whazzatk
So, to start, I did look at the first posts of the thread...

I see that POP has hairdryers. The first post of the thread says they reportedly don't work well. Anyone have any idea? Wondering if I should bring mine? We fly out Thursday AM!
They have the small Sunbeam brand that I have seen at lots of different hotel chains. They just don't have enough power to dry thicker hair. I have a small travel hair dryer that I bought a long time ago that has higher wattage and blows harder.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #460
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues

We've had a lakeview room twice at Pop, and both times it was standard. i don't think that has changed? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
I am staying on a lake view 60s room that is a standard room now. It may just be that there is not any available for your timeframe and connecting. I would have your TA keep checking.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #461
carissacolston
Earning My Ears

We have reservations at POP for January!! I love reading this, it makes me feel like we made the right decision!! It was either POP or LM at AoA! This is our first trip as a family and I have not been in over 10 yrs so it will be like the first time for me too!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #462
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissacolston View Post
We have reservations at POP for January!! I love reading this, it makes me feel like we made the right decision!! It was either POP or LM at AoA! This is our first trip as a family and I have not been in over 10 yrs so it will be like the first time for me too!!
You're gonna love PoP and being that it's your first time as a family it'll be even more special to you!

Monica
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #463
CuracaoGirl
Earning My Ears

We just returned from a wonderful week at POP and I can't stop thinking how to plan a next visit as early as next year.
Really loved being there in early October, but not sure I will manage to make the necessary arrangements at work though.
But you never know....I'm thinking positive.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #464
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
Hope you love POP!! How exciting planning for your first Disney trip!

Standard rooms most definitely include lake view. Your TA was told incorrect information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I am staying on a lake view 60s room that is a standard room now. It may just be that there is not any available for your timeframe and connecting. I would have your TA keep checking.
CMs can give out incorrect info ... at this juncture CMs would not know if lake view rooms were available since that is a request and schedulers do not begin assigning rooms until a few days out. And since neeleyd was able to book all 3 rooms in the standard room category, the request should be able to be noted on the reservation.

neeleyd ... have your TA place a call to Disney again and have the lake view request noted for all 3 reservations.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #465
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Janet B-

Thank you do much for your help and advice
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: