Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #826
WDW 3
Mouseketeer

I don't think you really get in early. I think you get in past the turnstiles but are stopped by the rope at the corner of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards until 9. HS has a bus from the TTC that stops right in front of the Shades bus. We've taken the TTC buses to AK & HS when the Shades buses don't suit us.
WDW 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #827
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW 3
I don't think you really get in early. I think you get in past the turnstiles but are stopped by the rope at the corner of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards until 9. HS has a bus from the TTC that stops right in front of the Shades bus. We've taken the TTC buses to AK & HS when the Shades buses don't suit us.
Yes, you do get in earlier to try to ease some of the crowding at TSM.
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #828
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal

I think the packages are for the buffets? We've had the breakfast and dinner buffets. Some of the dinner ones are decent and I find the breakfast to be pretty standard for Disney breakfast buffets (which I don't care for but always find something edible at .) I think you'll be okay, just don't order take-out at SOG! I have always gotten my worst meals there as take-out. Really, you're just going to love the resort (and the inexpensive price you pay .) If you have a night of particularly bad eating, walk over to the Poly and order some late-night lava cake to go. Lava cake makes everything better
Lava cake sounds like a pretty good night to me. I was wondering if there is certain rooms where we would be able to see the MK fire works. Oh my brain is all over the place right now. Do they have a salad bar at dinner are SOG? If so that is fine with me. Actually salad is my favorite meal. Although by the weight I'm gaining anymore you would never tell.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #829
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp0421 View Post
Lava cake sounds like a pretty good night to me. I was wondering if there is certain rooms where we would be able to see the MK fire works. Oh my brain is all over the place right now. Do they have a salad bar at dinner are SOG? If so that is fine with me. Actually salad is my favorite meal. Although by the weight I'm gaining anymore you would never tell.
Yes, I believe at the Garden Gallery for dinner they have a salad bar as part of the buffet
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #830
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Will anyone from here be at SOG this weekend?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #831
robin19871
DIS Veteran

Quote:
3 years ago I requested a room on the 5th floor in the new wing overlooking the pond and we could watch the higher fireworks no problem. We quickly learned that the long walk to the room was not worth it so we switched back to the old wing close to the lobby the following year. (You can also see them from the Magnolia pool on the side facing the MK.)
robin19871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #832
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have two little ones, one who is sensitive to fireworks. One thing we like to do is stay for the light parade at the MK and then head out of the park and down to the resort boat docks. Then we hop the boat back to the Poly and watch the fireworks while we are on the water. Kind of a nice way to end the night without the crowds in the park. Also, it's a slightly shorter walk from the boat dock back to SOG then from the monorail
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #833
ColoradoDis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal

I have two little ones, one who is sensitive to fireworks. One thing we like to do is stay for the light parade at the MK and then head out of the park and down to the resort boat docks. Then we hop the boat back to the Poly and watch the fireworks while we are on the water. Kind of a nice way to end the night without the crowds in the park. Also, it's a slightly shorter walk from the boat dock back to SOG then from the monorail
So...this is new info for me. Is it really a shorter walk from the Poly boat dock to SOG?
2004 - Poly/Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort and 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2013 - Shades of Green

DH - Ron : Me - Sherry DD - Morgan DD - Miranda DSIL - Miles
ColoradoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #834
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDis View Post
So...this is new info for me. Is it really a shorter walk from the Poly boat dock to SOG?
Slightly because you don't have to walk through the hotel. You know, when you take the monorail you have to head down to the first floor and down the hall out the back door whereas from the boat dock you just hit the path. Probably saves you all of 2-3 minutes which is why I say slightly shorter
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #835
ColoradoDis
DIS Veteran

Great info. Thanks
2004 - Poly/Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort and 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2013 - Shades of Green

DH - Ron : Me - Sherry DD - Morgan DD - Miranda DSIL - Miles
ColoradoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #836
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
Slightly because you don't have to walk through the hotel. You know, when you take the monorail you have to head down to the first floor and down the hall out the back door whereas from the boat dock you just hit the path. Probably saves you all of 2-3 minutes which is why I say slightly shorter
oh wow, I never thought of that!
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #837
RedPanda
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find the answer. Do Shades of Green guests get free parking at the theme parks (like resort guests), or is the regular parking fee charged? (I know it costs $5/day to park at SoG, but we'll be driving down.)

RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #838
tcp0421
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda
Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find the answer. Do Shades of Green guests get free parking at the theme parks (like resort guests), or is the regular parking fee charged? (I know it costs $5/day to park at SoG, but we'll be driving down.)
I really can't say because we are passholders so we don't pay parking either way. I think there is a post about that but I can't remember if you have to pay or not.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #839
stm61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
we never drive to the parks so I'm not positive, but I think it's free at MK and you have to pay at the other theme parks. Water parks are also free I believe. Parking at the theme parks is about $15.
stm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #840
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
There is a little cut through, so you don't have to pay at MK, but you do pay at Epcot, DHS, and AK. Parking is free at the water parks and DTD. I guess ther eis always the possibility of getting someone that will just wave you on through, but I would be prepared to pay.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: