Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer
 
kdog_1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 238

Special Request for Beach Club

I am staying with my family of 5 at the BC 1/2-1/10/13. I know there is a good amount of balconies that are small and we would like the larger one. We booked online using the Disney website and there were no special remarks/instructions to enter anything. Do I call Disney or do I wait till I get to the resort? Thank you!
__________________
1/2-10 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038636

From: Rochester, NY
2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
RMulieri
DIS Veteran
 
RMulieri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tom Sawyers Island
Posts: 20,697

Call and have it noted on your ressie as a request.
__________________
Going Back to the DarkSide -Universal Orlando and the Harry Potter Expansion December 2014
RMulieri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way
 
TigrLvsPooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog_1981 View Post
I am staying with my family of 5 at the BC 1/2-1/10/13. I know there is a good amount of balconies that are small and we would like the larger one. We booked online using the Disney website and there were no special remarks/instructions to enter anything. Do I call Disney or do I wait till I get to the resort? Thank you!
Definitely call today and get those requests added to your reservation. The castmember can type two items so you could say something like "full balcony and a daybed". That's usually what I request for our party of 5. When you arrive at the resort ask at check-in if they were able to grant your requests. If not then you can ask again to see if it's possible to be moved. That might result in waiting quite a bit longer for a room, but if it's important to you then I think it's worth the wait. If they absolutely have nothing with a full balcony you can even ask to be switched the next morning, we've done that before. Have a great trip!
__________________
Erika Murphy
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
TigrLvsPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer
 
kdog_1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 238

Thank you for the tips!
__________________
1/2-10 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038636

From: Rochester, NY
2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Definetly call....and then call a week or so before you go and then ask again on check in.

Good luck!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran
 
heidijanesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
Definitely call today and get those requests added to your reservation. The castmember can type two items so you could say something like "full balcony and a daybed". That's usually what I request for our party of 5. When you arrive at the resort ask at check-in if they were able to grant your requests. If not then you can ask again to see if it's possible to be moved. That might result in waiting quite a bit longer for a room, but if it's important to you then I think it's worth the wait. If they absolutely have nothing with a full balcony you can even ask to be switched the next morning, we've done that before. Have a great trip!
Totally agree with above poster, call today and add request to your reservation. We booked YC, as there are more full size balconies and patios at YC vs BC. We asked for 1st floor, close to lobby and daybed. We got a room with 2/3 requests met, 1st floor and daybed. Our room was far from the lobby, but we were ok with with it. Hopefully you can get your requests met and have a great trip!
__________________


May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 806

Definitely call and have it listed then request it again at checkin.

We had requested a day bed and full balcony. We got the daybed only at check in. I requested to be moved to a room with a daybed and full balcony after I found out. The CM was really nice and patient. He even sent up signed cards for my kids for the delay, which was totally not necessary or requested.
__________________
Lead me to Daisy!
TDluvsDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #8
kaligal
DIS Veteran
 
kaligal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,012

ITA that you should call!!

But also remember that it is a popular request and there are limited rooms with full balconies. If a full balcony is an absolute MUST for an enjoyable vacation, consider a hotel where this is a guarantee.

Beach Club is a a very cheerful place and such a short walk to Epcot. You might enjoy it even without a balcony.
__________________
Yes, your kids will have fun at Uni and Epcot!
ALWAYS pee before riding the monorail!
MNSSHP > MVMCP
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #9
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer
 
kdog_1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
ITA that you should call!!

But also remember that it is a popular request and there are limited rooms with full balconies. If a full balcony is an absolute MUST for an enjoyable vacation, consider a hotel where this is a guarantee.

Beach Club is a a very cheerful place and such a short walk to Epcot. You might enjoy it even without a balcony.
All the rooms have balconies but some are really small. It is almost a must but since we have 3 small children (3, 2, <1). They sleep, we can go out on the balcony and chat (have a drink ). We are set on the BC and I will live without a full balcony but it will definitely make our stay more enjoyable.
__________________
1/2-10 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038636

From: Rochester, NY
2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #10
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,619

The advice everyone has given you is excellent. Call the Disney reservations line now to add a request for a full balcony to your reservation. Call again 10 days to a week before your trip.

Do not do the online checkin. Wait until you get to the resort to see what room you have been assigned and if it does not have a full balcony, ask if there is a room available that does.

I would like to invite you over to the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread if you haven't checked it out yet. You will find great information, lots of pictures, friendly chatter and hopefully answers to any questions you may have.

You can click on the link in my signature to get there.

Dee
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.