Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #1096
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

My husband and I are headed to Disney November 28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at Disney when we got married but stayed off-site. We've been back since then, but have always camped at Fort Wilderness, which we love. Since this is such a special trip for us, we decided not to camp and chose POFQ. My question is this - is it customary to leave a tip in the room for those that take care of it? Do we leave one every day and what is customary? Advice would be very much appreciated!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1097
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird149
My husband and I are headed to Disney November 28 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at Disney when we got married but stayed off-site. We've been back since then, but have always camped at Fort Wilderness, which we love. Since this is such a special trip for us, we decided not to camp and chose POFQ. My question is this - is it customary to leave a tip in the room for those that take care of it? Do we leave one every day and what is customary? Advice would be very much appreciated!!
Tipping is always a choice, but I always do it. Leave it daily, because you may not have the same mousekeeper each day.

I always leave it in an envelope at the sink with a big thank you; they will choose whether to take it or not.

Have a magical anniversery!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #1098
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

I agree. They were great there too!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #1099
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Tipping is always a choice, but I always do it. Leave it daily, because you may not have the same mousekeeper each day.

I always leave it in an envelope at the sink with a big thank you; they will choose whether to take it or not.

Have a magical anniversery!
Thank you! I am so excited!! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you leave?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #1100
Sue M
DIS Veteran

It's customary to leave around $1 per person. When i go with my adult daughter, we usually leave $2 - $3 per day. I leave our tip on the sink under the housekeepers card.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #1101
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
It's customary to leave around $1 per person. When i go with my adult daughter, we usually leave $2 - $3 per day. I leave our tip on the sink under the housekeepers card.
Thank you Sue M!! I wanted to make sure that we left a proper amount!!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #1102
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer

We just returned this evening from a 10 day stay - it was amazing! Thanks so much to the disboards and everyone on this thread for the tips - we had a great first time without overdoing it.

We loved POFQ and plan to go back again in the next few years.

We tipped daily - $4 for a family of 4. I let my 7 year olds design the tip envelopes using regular envelopes and crayons and markers - I wish I would've taken a photo of them. They drew mickey heads, fire works, math problems - 3 mickey heads with plus signs between them and an = sign from my math lover - they were definitely one of a kind. We left them on our towel animals near the tv.

She left us 3 towel animals that we brought home with us. We were in building 2 near the main building facing the pool - it was a wonderful location. We had halloween lights in our window that were purple, orange and green - perfect for the mardi gras theme. We also had window clings of Disney characters in costume. Dh thought it was hokey, but it was great to always know which room was ours and the boys could find it on their own too if they beat us back to the room.

We took a power strip and an extension cord for the lights - the outlet was under the table. We used sponges - cut into 1/4ths soaked in dish detergent and dried to clean our mugs daily. So many great tips on here that made our trip truly enjoyable.

It was sad on the last park day to have the last trip to and from the park, the last trip to DD and the last breakfast. We didn't want to leave. I'm so glad we chose this resort!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #1103
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird149 View Post
Yes, I leave a tip in an envelope clearly marked for "Mousekeeper" otherwise they do not take it. It is suggested here on the DIS that $1.00 per person in the room is good. We leave a little more than that.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #1104
dobirdsmommy
Mouseketeer

In the mansion rooms there are giving us the cards with the mousekeepers name On it. I have been leaving 4 to 5 dollars but no towels either.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #1105
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2twinboys View Post
She left us 3 towel animals that we brought home with us.
You took resort towels home with you?? Is this a common practice at WDW?
Did you find an additional charge on your bill for this?
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #1106
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
We took a power strip and an extension cord for the lights - the outlet was under the table. We used sponges - cut into 1/4ths soaked in dish detergent and dried to clean our mugs daily. So many great tips on here that made our trip truly enjoyable.
The sponge soaked in dish detergent is a FANTASTIC idea!!! And I've never heard of that one - definately going to use it for our next trip, because those mugs get a little after a few days!

We also have a power strip packed in our Disney bin... That was a God send on our last trip... We plugged ours into the outlet under the sinks, and that's where we charged everything at night - it worked out really well, and highly recommend that tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Yes, you are allowed to take the towel animals home with you. You are not charged for them.

D~
Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #1107
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum

The towel animals are towels that are about to be "retired."

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.

Last edited by Missytara; 10-30-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #1108
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yes, you are allowed to take the towel animals home with you. You are not charged for them.

D~
Well, how about that! I'll have to remember that for our next trip!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #1109
hummingbird149
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We just returned this evening from a 10 day stay - it was amazing! Thanks so much to the disboards and everyone on this thread for the tips - we had a great first time without overdoing it.

We loved POFQ and plan to go back again in the next few years.

We tipped daily - $4 for a family of 4. I let my 7 year olds design the tip envelopes using regular envelopes and crayons and markers - I wish I would've taken a photo of them. They drew mickey heads, fire works, math problems - 3 mickey heads with plus signs between them and an = sign from my math lover - they were definitely one of a kind. We left them on our towel animals near the tv.

She left us 3 towel animals that we brought home with us. We were in building 2 near the main building facing the pool - it was a wonderful location. We had halloween lights in our window that were purple, orange and green - perfect for the mardi gras theme. We also had window clings of Disney characters in costume. Dh thought it was hokey, but it was great to always know which room was ours and the boys could find it on their own too if they beat us back to the room.

It was sad on the last park day to have the last trip to and from the park, the last trip to DD and the last breakfast. We didn't want to leave. I'm so glad we chose this resort!!!
So glad you enjoyed POFQ! This will be our first stay there! We've always camped at Fort Wilderness, which is very amazing. Love the tip about the power cord. Never thought of that!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #1110
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts

The sponge soaked in dish detergent is a FANTASTIC idea!!! And I've never heard of that one - definately going to use it for our next trip, because those mugs get a little after a few days!

We also have a power strip packed in our Disney bin... That was a God send on our last trip... We plugged ours into the outlet under the sinks, and that's where we charged everything at night - it worked out really well, and highly recommend that tip.

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara

The towel animals are towels that are about to be "retired."
Holy cow! Seriously?!

Assuming this doesn't include the mickey heads?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: