Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #3151
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quick question for all you BC experts I am wondering if Stormalong Bay pool is only open for certain hours, and if so are the quiet pools open 24/7? Thanks for your help.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #3152
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Quick question for all you BC experts I am wondering if Stormalong Bay pool is only open for certain hours, and if so are the quiet pools open 24/7? Thanks for your help.
Starting last February SAB had operating hours or 10am-10pm. Now whether that will continue we will see. And yes the quiet pools are 24/7....

Thinking of all you Storm People this morning. Take care and let us know.....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #3153
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Hoping with you Couchy!!

~Nannette
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Sending positive wishes and pixie dust your way that your Disney trip goes on as scheduled!

We lost power from around 4 yesterday afternoon until 10. We managed not to kill each other by playing Apples to Apples and Scategories by flashlight.

No school yesterday or today, heading about 30 min north for a memorial service later today.
Stay safe. glad to hear you have your power back and everyone in the house made it alright

We are no where near a coast ( as in hundreds of miles away) but we still managed lots of wind and lots of rain rain rain....( it rained for three straight days before Sandy hit). Lots of flooding, downed trees, etc. Almost all schools are closed ( except mine, we always stay open ) Airport has many cancelled flights. Still very rainy and windy right now. I am remaining hopeful.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #3154
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=MickeyT;46583320]Starting last February SAB had operating hours or 10am-10pm. Now whether that will continue we will see. And yes the quiet pools are 24/7....

Thanks a lot for the info!!

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #3155
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Sending positive wishes and pixie dust your way that your Disney trip goes on as scheduled!

We lost power from around 4 yesterday afternoon until 10. We managed not to kill each other by playing Apples to Apples and Scategories by flashlight.

No school yesterday or today, heading about 30 min north for a memorial service later today.
I can't believe you lost power an we didn't!! You are so much further north. This storm was so crazy. It is sunny, calm and beautiful with no school ugh!!!! 2 days to already make up. it's only October. I hope we don't have many snow days this yr. we are planning on Disney for the last day of June.
Glad you stayed safe. I love Apples to Apples(we have the Disney version of course
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #3156
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Stay safe Nannette! Hope u don't flood. Our power is out and I expect it will be out for days. Last years crazy storm knocked our power out for 5-6 days. Ugh!
i hope you get power back quickly!

We are a few of the lucky ones here in NYC we did not lose power! It is a mess out there for sure! Nothing is really open no one can really get anywhere all bridges and tunnels along with NYC transit remain closed. It's going to take at least 3-7 days to get public transportation back up. So many area's around here are flooded and there were bad fires firemen had to wade through the chest deep water to rescue people (evacuating would have helped). Still windy and some rain, but for the most part I think the worse is over! Hope I don't see that again for a very long time if ever!! Frankenstorm turned out to be the worse storm on record for us! Broke all kinds of records!!!

I hope everyone else is safe and if you've lost power hope it comes back soon! For those still in the path listen to the warnings it makes it that much easier for the first responders!

Be Safe all!

~Nannette
Old 10-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #3157
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are a few of the lucky ones here in NYC we did not lose power! It is a mess out there for sure! Nothing is really open no one can really get anywhere all bridges and tunnels along with NYC transit remain closed. It's going to take at least 3-7 days to get public transportation back up. So many area's around here are flooded and there were bad fires firemen had to wade through the chest deep water to rescue people (evacuating would have helped). Still windy and some rain, but for the most part I think the worse is over! Hope I don't see that again for a very long time if ever!! Frankenstorm turned out to be the worse storm on record for us! Broke all kinds of records!!!

I hope everyone else is safe and if you've lost power hope it comes back soon! For those still in the path listen to the warnings it makes it that much easier for the first responders!

Be Safe all!

~Nannette
So glad you didn't loose you power!!! That really makes it tough for those that did. I hope you are stocked up with food and water?

Stay safe!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #3158
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Be Safe all!

~Nannette
So glad to hear you are Ok Nannette.....Waiting to hear from our NJ friends/family.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #3159
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

We lost power for a short time. Glad its back on & hope we don't lose it again. Last year, the power came back on and then it was off again for days.

We entertained ourselves with card games & Monolpoly. Had the candles, flameless candles & flashlights all set. It was fun!

No school for any of us again today. My DH teaches in the district where we live. I teach in a nearby district that doesn't close often. Lots of downed trees and wires in both districts.

I hope everyone stays safe and those without power get it back soon.

To all trying to get to WDW, I hope your flights go soon.

To all at WDW, Have a wonderful time!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #3160
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
I am soooo hoping that my flight will not be delayed or cancelled on Wednesday....
I hope your flight goes with no problems , you have looked forward to this vacation for so long so a little wind and rain WILL NOT get in your way You and your husband have a great time , June is just around the corner . Enjoy .
DIXEY LANDINGS/1999 , DIXEY LANDINGS/2000 , POR/2001 , POR/2002 , POR/2003 , POR/2005 , POR/2006 , OKW/2007 , OKW/2008 , POR/2009 , POR/2010 , YBC/2011 , YBC/2012 , YBC/THV/2013 ,YBC 2013 , YBC2014 , YBC 2015

Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #3161
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Be Safe all!

~Nannette
Thanks Nannette!

Our power is back! Can't believe it. Still lots of power out everywhere. I didn't see any flooding in our immediate area. We live near the Delaware, not sure if they are going to flood. Haven't seen any reports about that. When that river floods, it really floods!

I guess we won't be going into NYC for a visit for a few weeks!

Gotta love the people that don't evacuate and then rescuers have to risk their lives to save them. Thank God for the emergency personnell.

I'm glad you're o.k. and hope everyone on our little thread is o.k.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #3162
bean bunny
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone - I posted this quite a few pages back and thought I'd just try again in case anyone could help - THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are considering upgrading our January YC trip to Concierge Level. We've stayed CL before at the YC but we haven't done the lagoon/pool view. On the Standard side of the CL there are joint balconies is that the case on the lagoon/pool view as well? That is something we really want to avoid and we're basing our decision to upgrade on this.

Any help really appreciated. Also - are there any photos of what the view looks like from a YC lagoon/pool view? I tried searching but didn't find much.

Thank you!

Upcoming Trips:
December 2011, January 2012, August 2012
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #3163
gogoofygo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1
I just checked the Southwest website, it looks like they have canceled all flights for Monday and Tuesday out of Providence. We're supposed to fly out on Weds. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can leave!!!!!!!
We must be on same flight! So excited to see that it is listed as on time. Yahoo'
Old 10-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #3164
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean bunny
Hi Everyone - I posted this quite a few pages back and thought I'd just try again in case anyone could help - THANKS!
I can't remember seeing any joined balconies on the lagoon side. I believe the only ones are the ones that go over the Porte cochere in the front of the building.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #3165
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Just got our power back. We lost it around 4:00 yesterday afternoon.

Barely made it with three kids no tvs, no ipods, ipads, etc.

In NJ we are used to blizzards - not hurricanes!

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: