Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Stephieann
DIS Veteran
Oh no....he is MINE... I know where to find him... MATTY IS MINE!!

Location: My body is in Tennessee but my heart is in Mississippi

Ok, I have to say.....

I have seen were people are terribly upset the way DCL handled Sandy, well i have to chime in and say something....

Last year when i went on a cruise in October, we were hit by a Tropical Depression that i do believe hit almost Tropical storm force winds at one point. Disney handled it with greatness!!!! They could have squeezed out of the port in a small time frame between where the storm was getting bad and before the authorities said no we could not port out but DCL did not, unlike RC. DCL was concerned about the safety of the guest and crew and we sat in port for 12 extra hours. I was not there to see how it was handled but i am sure DCL did what they could, some time mother nature changes her mind and causes good decisions to become bad ones.... lets not be to cruel on DCL, remember the ones that were on the ship were aware when they book that it was at the end of hurricane season!!! I am sure i will get flamed for some of this but i had to put my 2 cents in!!! I am just thankful that everyone was brought home safely!!!!!!
1st Disney Trip Magic Kingdom '92 Senior Trip~ 2nd Disney Trip, My first cruise--Cruised the Disney Wonder Oct 2006 Halloween Cruise!! ~3rd Disney Trip --Cruised the Disney Wonder Oct 2007Halloween Cruise!! ~WDW Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2009 MNSSHP! ~Disney Dream B2B October 2011~Disney Dream September 2013~~NEXT DCL Fantasy 2016!!

Stephieann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: