Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #1201
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hang tight then.

I have a chapter on our days' activities first, then on to the second turtle walk.

Oh dear, we will be walking first then! Oh well.

Sonny's! Excited to see what you thought of it. What a nice morning you had, though I'm sorry the cabana blew over. I wondered if it got too warm in the cabana, we went for the umbrella instead and I was pleasantly surprised by how much shade it gave,

It is a teeny tiny golf course that's for sure. Cute though!

I just want to know what they were dancing to, it sure looked like fun.

Losing Rx goggles? I'd have been completely freaked out.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #1202
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
While waiting for the others, I took a picture of the kids’ shells and the shark’s tooth that James found.

Nice collection!

Quote:
I decided to hang back at the cabana long enough to get a couple of pictures with my phone because I knew that later I’d be sandy and wouldn’t want to handle it. After these pictures it was going into a ziplock bag to keep the sand off of it, and then into a beach bag.
What? No pint bag, then quart bag and finally into gallon bag before stowing in the beach bag???

Quote:
I enjoyed the waves a little bit, and then came back and got our kite. We got it over ten years ago at Kitty Hawk Kites and it’s been the best kite purchase ever. It’s a parafoil-style kite and is super-easy to fly. It wasn’t expensive, but the best thing is that it’s made of nylon and doesn’t have any sticks or anything, so when we’re done we can literally fold it and roll it up and store it in a little bag.
Need to check them out. Looks like a pretty cool kite.......

Quote:
I was out in the water flying it, and I had it waaaay up there, when I looked at the beach and noticed that the cabana had blown over and Judy was wrestling with it. Trey came running down and helped get it back into place and put some extra sand on it to keep it sure. Whoops.
Bragger.......

Yes, windy days at the beach can create so many unpleasant issues. Seems like every time I go, about the time I get sunscreen on the wind would blow and I feel like sandpaper.........

Quote:
Another thing that happened while I was out there was that a guy came by and asked me if I’d seen some red sports goggles float by. He’d lost them when a wave hit him. I hadn’t. I asked him if they were prescription and he said they were…they’d cost about $300. But he didn’t seem as upset by it as I would’ve been.
$300? Eek!!! Yeah, I would have been upset about that one too!!

Quote:
Judy took a picture of me as I brought the kite in. Warning: Pasty white guy alert. Put on your welder's mask if you have one. Or at least some sunglasses.
My eyes! My eyes!!!

Quote:
Anyway, back to the beach...
As I sat there, I noticed that the girls were doing some weird dance moves out in the surf. I tried to capture some of it.
Sometimes you just have to wonder what is going on in the minds of teenagers and then you think.................nah!!!

Quote:
I’m not sure how he discovered it, but while sitting there at the table, James found that he had seaweed in his bathing suit pockets. Hopefully, that was all.
Yeah, after a little bit of time passes, you hope he doesn't pull out a

Quote:
After lunch, I enjoyed the view from our balcony for a little while and decided to take some pictures to stitch together into a panoramic. I think it should actually be wider than how it seems in this picture. It looks like the stitching-process squashed it together a little too much, but it still gives you a sense for what a nice afternoon it was and the lovely view we had.
Nice view!!!

Quote:
Here's the final hole...you shoot your ball into a treasure chest.
Well no wonder you won, the girls were trying to putt theirs the whole time.......

Quote:
I kicked the girls’ butts, by the way.

It’s a short course, and not very challenging.
Well, that explains that.......

Quote:
Well, that's a recap of our recreational activities for the day. Tonight we'll have another shot at a sea turtle walk. Will there be ?

Up next: Sonny’s BBQ and Turtle Walk part deux
I'm guessing on the pixiedust. And now you got me wanting to go visit the local Sonny's BBQ in anticipation!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Everywhere but his own TR.
And YOURS...............now!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #1203
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I asked him if they were prescription and he said they were…they’d cost about $300. But he didn’t seem as upset by it as I would’ve been.
Ouch...

Quote:
But it was a very tranquil moment and I decided to capture it:
It just isn't a beach vacation without that picture.

Quote:
He actually didn’t see it until later, but the next day he sent me this (he was working from home that day):

Quote:
I’m not sure how he discovered it, but while sitting there at the table, James found that he had seaweed in his bathing suit pockets. Hopefully, that was all.
Souvenir or a snack for later???

Quote:
Check out Lauren's grip. Somebody needs to teach her how to hold a club.
You seem competitve. I'm going to go out on a limb now and guess that there's a reason you haven't taught her any better.

Quote:
It’s a short course, and not very challenging. The first picture was taken at 3:08 and the last one at 3:24. Yep, 16 minutes from start to finish, and we weren’t trying for any speed record.
Hmmm... I wonder how long it would take if you really pushed the pace.

Quote:
Well, that's a recap of our recreational activities for the day. Tonight we'll have another shot at a sea turtle walk. Will there be ?
I hope so!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #1204
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Love the pictures on the beach. The water and weather look wonderful.

Your co-worker's picture made me laugh out loud, literally!

So did Lauren's golf grip. She looks like she's ready for a slap shot.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #1205
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i bet they learned those dance moves from that pasty white guy with no tan flying the kite.

was it a 9 hole or 18 hole course? 18 holes at 16 minutes is flying, but i guess with hockey style hitting for your tee partners i could see those slap shots flying around there.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #1206
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great update, Glenn (by the way, I've done about four in the last five days so you're a little behind ).
Goodness sakes, I'm having a hard enough time keeping up and you go on a tear like that! Well, I'm caught up now....or at least I was as of about 11 o'clock last night. By now I'm probably three chapters behind again.

Quote:
I still can't get over all that seaweed. I would not have been walking down to the water having to go through that...not a big seaweed lover.
I know, I wished it wasn't there, but what're you going to do?

Quote:
Looks like the kids were having fun, and I love the girls dancing in the ocean.
It was craziness, I tell ya.

Quote:
Of course you won at mini-golf, all you guys cheat. Just ask Mark.
Well, I was the scorekeeper.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear about Sonny's Bbq (love that place) and whether you got lucky with the turtle walk this time around.
Good, 'cause those are the same topics I'll cover in the next chapter! Oh, I revealed that information already, didn't I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I have been battling with Photopass and other things tonight.
I hear you. Sounds like my afternoon today when Capt. Oblivious updated.

Quote:
That Marv..... never know where he might pop up!!!
New game idea --> Whack-a-Marv! I'm not sure how it'd work, but it sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Yes, Pat has been quite a bit slow getting it done lately...........
She's just in a little slump.

Quote:
I knew you were due. I have actually been watching most of the day, expected one around 1:00 or so today. I actually checked and didn't see your green light on earlier before I started getting ready for bed. Not sure why I checked my phone one last time, but hey.............
Sorry about that. We had a band competition to go to in the morning, met some old friends for lunch (not the creepy Hannibal Lechter way, where "had" would've been the verb in that sentence), and then I watched NFL Red Zone for the rest of the afternoon. I love that channel.

Quote:
Oh yeah! I forgot all about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Whew! I finally caught up on somebody!
I went as slow as I could so that you could get caught up.

Quote:
I have no idea how many Judy's, but I am enjoying your TR when I can get on! I love the pics of VB. The one showing your "perfect afternoon" looks so surreal - reminded me of a scene from the movie, The Truman Show - not sure why.
Thank you! I'm not sure which picture you mean....the ocean one?

Quote:
I'm so excited that you get a 2nd chance at the turtle walk - DDIL and I got to release baby turtles in Mexico, and it was such a special experience!
That'd be awesome. "Get goin', little dudes!"

Quote:
Love the "flashdance" moments of the girls in the water! Such special sister memories - of course you know they are going to kill you!
Now I've got "What a feeling" going through my head.

Yeah, if they ever find this thread, they might not like it, but that's what they get for not reading my stuff!
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #1207
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm all caught up, except for the pictures. I have decided to ride out the hurrican at work, so although I won't be without electricity, I will be without photobucket pictures.

How disappointing to not find any turtle nests on your first turtle walk. But how great that they offer that free at a state park. And I appreciate the background on turtle nesting. Interesting. I am guessing you get pixie dust on your second try.

Sounds like a fun day on the beach. And that mini golf is a little unwhelming, but I bet small kids just love it.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #1208
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh dear, we will be walking first then! Oh well.
I'm looking forward to seeing how yours went.

Quote:
Sonny's! Excited to see what you thought of it. What a nice morning you had, though I'm sorry the cabana blew over. I wondered if it got too warm in the cabana, we went for the umbrella instead and I was pleasantly surprised by how much shade it gave,
We really liked the cabana...it didn't get too warm at all. Nice shelter from sun and wind, very relaxing.

Quote:
It is a teeny tiny golf course that's for sure. Cute though!
That it is! I wish it were just a little more challenging, but oh well.

Quote:
I just want to know what they were dancing to, it sure looked like fun.
I never found out. I think they said they were just being silly.

Quote:
Losing Rx goggles? I'd have been completely freaked out.
I know, me too! It would've spoiled my whole day.

Quote:
Nice collection!
Thanks.

Quote:
What? No pint bag, then quart bag and finally into gallon bag before stowing in the beach bag???
Oh yeah, I did that. I just didn't want to go into all of that description in the TR and bore the readers.

Quote:
Need to check them out. Looks like a pretty cool kite.......
You can get them going and then just tie them to something if you want, they'll stay up. Super easy.

Quote:
Bragger.......
Who, me?

Quote:
Yes, windy days at the beach can create so many unpleasant issues. Seems like every time I go, about the time I get sunscreen on the wind would blow and I feel like sandpaper.........
I'll remember that the next time I'm doing some woodworking.

Quote:
$300? Eek!!! Yeah, I would have been upset about that one too!!
Uh huh!

Quote:
My eyes! My eyes!!!
Sorry, I tried to give you some warning.

Quote:
Sometimes you just have to wonder what is going on in the minds of teenagers and then you think.................nah!!!
Right. Better to not go there.

Quote:
Yeah, after a little bit of time passes, you hope he doesn't pull out a

Quote:
Nice view!!!
Thanks.

Quote:
Well no wonder you won, the girls were trying to putt theirs the whole time.......
I was the only one with a driver. Heh heh.

Quote:
Well, that explains that.......
Well, not challenging for the likes of me.

Quote:
I'm guessing on the pixiedust. And now you got me wanting to go visit the local Sonny's BBQ in anticipation!!!
Oooo, I wish we had a good BBQ place nearby.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #1209
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Ouch...
Seriously.

Quote:
It just isn't a beach vacation without that picture.
I know, not very original. But it sure puts you back in a good state of mind when you look at it later.

Quote:
Souvenir or a snack for later???
My kids do eat seaweed soup when we go to a Korean restuarant, so maybe a snack.

Quote:
You seem competitve. I'm going to go out on a limb now and guess that there's a reason you haven't taught her any better.
You're half-right. But I have tried, and they still want to do it their own way. Okay, I'll take the advantage.

Quote:
Hmmm... I wonder how long it would take if you really pushed the pace.
You could get out of the pool, play that course, and get back in the pool before drying off. Easily.

Quote:
I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Love the pictures on the beach. The water and weather look wonderful.
It was a little rought, but we'll take it.

Quote:
Your co-worker's picture made me laugh out loud, literally!
Me too, when I received it.

Quote:
So did Lauren's golf grip. She looks like she's ready for a slap shot.
That explains that hard check she gave me that sent me into the boards on the sixth hole.

Oh, on an unrelated-note, I thought for sure that you'd call-out my movie quote in that chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i bet they learned those dance moves from that pasty white guy with no tan flying the kite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
was it a 9 hole or 18 hole course? 18 holes at 16 minutes is flying, but i guess with hockey style hitting for your tee partners i could see those slap shots flying around there.
It's a 9 hole course.

Yeah, with their swings we could hit it from the first tee box to the cup at the 9th hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, I'm all caught up, except for the pictures. I have decided to ride out the hurrican at work, so although I won't be without electricity, I will be without photobucket pictures.
You're very dedicated, staying at work. Thanks!

Quote:
How disappointing to not find any turtle nests on your first turtle walk. But how great that they offer that free at a state park. And I appreciate the background on turtle nesting. Interesting.
Yeah, it was still a nice night, but anticlimactic. Which, I think means "a bit of a bummer".

Quote:
I am guessing you get pixie dust on your second try.
Well I've been told that I'm lucky, so we'll see.

Quote:
Sounds like a fun day on the beach. And that mini golf is a little unwhelming, but I bet small kids just love it.
For the little-kid clientele, it's perfect. And I'm sure that's who they were thinking of.

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #1210
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Oh, on an unrelated-note, I thought for sure that you'd call-out my movie quote in that chapter.
I thought about it, but I was paranoid about losing power in the storm, so I didn't bother going through and quoting stuff.

But anyway, Jaws.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #1211
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up again.

Too bad about the turtle walk but hoping the 2nd one you will see them.

it does look like a fun place to go.

Great pics and updates.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #1212
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Well Narv is not wasting his update time on my thread either , or he wood have had a comment or 2 on my Albany Adventure
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #1213
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Yes, Pat has been quite a bit slow getting it done lately...........
Slow but deliberate in every move.....

Quote:
Yeah What she said....

Quote:
I hear you. Sounds like my afternoon today when Capt. Oblivious updated.
Ready to back in the Photopass trenches sir....

Quote:
New game idea --> Whack-a-Marv! I'm not sure how it'd work, but it sounds like fun.
Ready

Quote:
She's just in a little slump.
Recovering from being out of town... Slow but deliberate.

Quote:
I'll remember that the next time I'm doing some woodworking.
The old Pork chop method. Lotion or even water, then roll em around in the sand.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 PM   #1214
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47
Well Narv is not wasting his update time on my thread either , or he wood have had a comment or 2 on my Albany Adventure
Apologies for the quote, I can't reply otherwise for some reason!

Another great update glen! That feet up pic made me chuckle. Ill bet he was a tad envious at that moment! I know I'd have been :P

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #1215
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Slow but deliberate in every move.....
So you're saying........SLOW!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: