Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #346
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm sorry Steve couldn't meet you for lunch. Great pictures while you were in flight.

I totally loved your TR...thanks for sharing with us. Please let us know when you start the PTR (I finally updated mine).

Be safe during "Sandy".
Thank you very much. I'm glad I got it done now so I can completely focus on the next trip!

I will definitely be safe. I'm hoping it weakens quickly, but it doesn't seem to be doing that. Our government is already on liberal leave for tomorrow and many counties have already closed schools too. After the mess we had here in July from the Derecho that unexpectedly hit us the electric companies, shelters and government are all being extra cautious!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #347
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,721

I enjoyed reading your TR (duh! ). Too bad you couldn't meet up with your friend for lunch, it would have been an even better ending to a great trip. You did get some beautiful sunset pictures from above the clouds though.

Stay safe!
ronnmel is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #348
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I enjoyed reading your TR (duh! ). Too bad you couldn't meet up with your friend for lunch, it would have been an even better ending to a great trip. You did get some beautiful sunset pictures from above the clouds though.

Stay safe!
I meant to mention that I have seen him twice since then. Once in June for a 2 day weekend I saw him pretty much the whole weekend, except sleeping. And then we had breakfast together on my last day when I was down there for a 3 day weekend in August. And we are trying to make sure we see each other this upcoming trip for at least one of the days, even if he can't join me the whole time.

Thanks, I'm trying for sure! I just hope ol' Sandy cooperates and weakens so it's not so bad for the next 3 days!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #349
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,100

Love the sunset pictures on your way home!! So pretty. Enjoyed your TR. I want to do a solo trip someday!! I think I have already said that on the Dec thread.
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #350
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,962

I was an update or two behind. It sounds like the last hours at Disney were well spent.....good food, shopping and relaxing. Notice I didn't mention the laundry because, well, it's laundry.

Too bad your friend couldn't met you for lunch but at least you got to see a bit of different scenery.

The pictures that you took from the airplane are fantastic! The sunset ones are my favorites.

I hope that you stay safe during the Hurricane! If you are able to, please keep us updated so we'll know how you are doing.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #351
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,291

Wow! I go off the DIS for a week and missed about 10 updates! My MIL is finally gone so I'm all caught up now. A few random thoughts on the posts:

Loved the pictures from the Liberty Belle. I've been reading the Kingdom Keepers books and the Indian scene with the teepees plays a big role.

Bummer about the teen group on Splash Mountain. I'm hoping to get to ride it in a few weeks but it will depend on the weather.

I can't wait to see the Tiki Room back to it's original state. I really didn't like the update with Iago and Zazu.

I've never seen that band in Fronterland, will have to keep an eye out for them.

I'm jealous of your scores on Buzz. I am soooo bad at that ride. Last time I think I was still under 100,000 points and we even stopped in front of some targets for a while! I'm usually pretty good at that kind of stuff but a high score on Buzz alludes me for some reason.

I'm really going to miss the Snow White ride. It's never been my favorite but riding it is one of the few memories I have from my first visit to WDW. I think I was about 3 years old.

I really want to ride the Jungle Cruise at night! I don't know if we will get to this time though since we are not planning on going to one of the Christmas Parties.

Wolfgang Puck Express looks so good. I'm hoping to fit it in sometime this trip. As for it not being on the 2013 dining plan, I would check again closer to the beginning of the year. When I was first planning a January trip in 2010, there were a lot of restaurants not on the list that ended up being eligible. A CM I talked to told me that they have to negotiate with each restaurant and some take longer than others.

Arribas Brothers is one of my favorite stores! I can spend hours in there looking at the stuff. I have a few Pluto items from there.

Thanks for writing the TR! I enjoyed following along, especially the part on the Wild Africa Trek. I will join in on your PTR when you start it. Oh, and if you are interested, I started a PTR for my trip. Link is in my signature.
Pluto0809 is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #352
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Love the sunset pictures on your way home!! So pretty. Enjoyed your TR. I want to do a solo trip someday!! I think I have already said that on the Dec thread.
You did mention a solo trip on the Dec thread, and you should do one! It's really a lot of fun, and different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was an update or two behind. It sounds like the last hours at Disney were well spent.....good food, shopping and relaxing. Notice I didn't mention the laundry because, well, it's laundry.

Too bad your friend couldn't met you for lunch but at least you got to see a bit of different scenery.

The pictures that you took from the airplane are fantastic! The sunset ones are my favorites.

I hope that you stay safe during the Hurricane! If you are able to, please keep us updated so we'll know how you are doing.
I did have a good end to my time at WDW. And the laundry wasn't too bad, I mostly took pictures while it ran.

I got lucky to sit on that side of the plane and that the sun was setting just as we took off.

I'm doing fine so far, though the worst isn't expected to hit us until after 5pm today and last for over 12 hours. Thankfully I did the only thing I had to do at the office this morning, and don't have to leave my house again until Wednesday now! I'll post more updates later tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Wow! I go off the DIS for a week and missed about 10 updates! My MIL is finally gone so I'm all caught up now. A few random thoughts on the posts:

Loved the pictures from the Liberty Belle. I've been reading the Kingdom Keepers books and the Indian scene with the teepees plays a big role.

Bummer about the teen group on Splash Mountain. I'm hoping to get to ride it in a few weeks but it will depend on the weather.

I can't wait to see the Tiki Room back to it's original state. I really didn't like the update with Iago and Zazu.

I've never seen that band in Fronterland, will have to keep an eye out for them.

I'm jealous of your scores on Buzz. I am soooo bad at that ride. Last time I think I was still under 100,000 points and we even stopped in front of some targets for a while! I'm usually pretty good at that kind of stuff but a high score on Buzz alludes me for some reason.

I'm really going to miss the Snow White ride. It's never been my favorite but riding it is one of the few memories I have from my first visit to WDW. I think I was about 3 years old.

I really want to ride the Jungle Cruise at night! I don't know if we will get to this time though since we are not planning on going to one of the Christmas Parties.

Wolfgang Puck Express looks so good. I'm hoping to fit it in sometime this trip. As for it not being on the 2013 dining plan, I would check again closer to the beginning of the year. When I was first planning a January trip in 2010, there were a lot of restaurants not on the list that ended up being eligible. A CM I talked to told me that they have to negotiate with each restaurant and some take longer than others.

Arribas Brothers is one of my favorite stores! I can spend hours in there looking at the stuff. I have a few Pluto items from there.

Thanks for writing the TR! I enjoyed following along, especially the part on the Wild Africa Trek. I will join in on your PTR when you start it. Oh, and if you are interested, I started a PTR for my trip. Link is in my signature.
There are some threads and sites with good tips on how to get high scores on Buzz.

I'll miss Snow White too, just because it was there for so long. I am looking forward to the Mine Train though, once it opens.

WPE is great! Definitely eat there if you can.

I will link to my PTR here once I start it (probably later today). And I'll check out your PTR too!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #353
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,310

Hello all! I hope everyone else who is in the path of Sandy is staying safe! It is pretty windy now and raining harder, but the worst isn't expected here until 5-6pm, and will last about 12 hours. Winds of 60 mph, gusts up to 110 mph possible, and extremely heavy, flash-flood causing, rains. I'm safe and sound inside now, and don't have any reason to leave until Wednesday!

I'm even heavy one extra cat. Actually, a 4 week old kitten! A woman found him in a box in her apartment complex late last night, and no one knew where he came from. She can't keep him (absolutely no pets of any type allowed there) so she took him to the local vet this morning to ask if they knew where she could take him. They happen to be my vet and know I foster, so they called. Picked him up around 10:30am and decided his name is Hurricane! He is sweet as can be, not afraid of the dog or other cats, though he is being kept separated from them for now since he is itty bitty (fits in my hand) and needs kitten food only. Here is a pic of him!






He has a slight limp in his front right leg that the vet thinks is just a minor pulled muscle, but otherwise seems completely healthy. And he is eating great already. So glad he was found and is not out in this horrible weather!

Stay safe everyone on the East Coast, and everyone else, happy Monday to you!

__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #354
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,962

First off, good to hear that you won't have to leave home and can stay out of the storm! I hope that it doesn't get as bad as they are predicting.

Oh little Hurricane is adorable! I so wish I still had my kitty cat, Tiana.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #355
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,721

I agree with Lisa, I'm glad you don't have to go out tomorrow. I also hope that all the pets you take care of are safe.

Hurricane is so freakin cute and has the best name.
ronnmel is offline  
Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #356
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First off, good to hear that you won't have to leave home and can stay out of the storm! I hope that it doesn't get as bad as they are predicting.

Oh little Hurricane is adorable! I so wish I still had my kitty cat, Tiana.
Thanks. Unfortunately they just measured 60 mph winds at BWI, which is only 15 minutes from me. And it's only going to get worse for the next few hours But on the bright side I still have power and nothing bad has happened in my neighborhood yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I agree with Lisa, I'm glad you don't have to go out tomorrow. I also hope that all the pets you take care of are safe.

Hurricane is so freakin cute and has the best name.
Thanks. And he is adorable!! Since he is alone, without siblings, I gave him an old stuffed cat to cuddle with and he is fast asleep with it right now.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #357
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran
 
Pluto0809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,291

Hurricane is so cute! I spend most Saturdays volunteering at a local animal shelter. I work with the kitties because my DH is allergic and I can't have one of my own.

They are so much fun when they are that small.
Pluto0809 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #358
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,310

I just started my PTR, with only the opening post done so far, but feel free to join in as I plan on working on it more later.

A most-likely, probably, in all likelihood Solo, November-December 2012 Trip!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.