Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

We were in a LM room in Sept. (the day it opened) and had a room facing the pool. We didn't hear outside noise. The walk to the food court was pretty long and I never once went over there for a refill!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
Are there king beds available in Little Mermaid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yup
Forgot to ask - do they connect to a regular room like at POP?
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

We are thinking about a stay at the AoA in the Little Mermaid Rooms before our cruise. Was wondering, are there laundry facilities near the LM rooms? Also, what time does the store and food court open in the morning?

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
DVC Kelly
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Thanks for starting this thread and allowing all of us to ask questions to someone who has first hand knowledge
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVC Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #20
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey&JoshNut
We are thinking about a stay at the AoA in the Little Mermaid Rooms before our cruise. Was wondering, are there laundry facilities near the LM rooms? Also, what time does the store and food court open in the morning?
Yes, there's a laundry area by the LM pool.
The food court and gift shop open at 6am
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
Mickey&JoshNut
It's not nice to distract the cute lifeguards

just keep swimming... just keep swimming.... Dory....
now I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Luci View Post
Yes, there's a laundry area by the LM pool.
The food court and gift shop open at 6am
Thank you....I think that cements the fact that we need to stay at AoA!!!!!

04/12 Disney Wonder 15 Night Hawaii Cruise 03/12 - Disney Fantasy - Maiden Voyage 09/11 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
05/11 - Disney Wonder - 1st Alaska 7 Night Cruise 04/11 - Disney Wonder Repo LA to Vancouver 04/11 - DL - Disneyland Hotel
02/11 - WDW - POP Century 01/11 - Disney Dream - Maiden Voyage 01/11 - WDW - POP Century 09/10 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"
03/10 - WDW - POP Century - Elaine's Birthday Trip 12/09 - WDW - POP Century 09/09 - WDW - POP Century "Free Dining"

08/09 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter "Mom's Birthday Trip" 05/09 - WDW - POP Century 03/09 - WDW - POP Century
02/09-Disney Magic-Birthday Cruise
02/09-WDW-POP Century 09/08-WDW-POP Century 09/08-Disney Magic-Special 5 Night
08/08 - WDW - POP Century
12/07 - WDW - POR 09/07 - WDW - POP Century 05/07 - WDW - POP Century
Rang in 2007 onboard the Disney WONDER 12/06 - WDW - offsite (MH) 11/06 - WDW - Coronado Springs
09/06 - Disney Wonder - 11 Day Southern Caribbean 03/06 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Western Caribbean 03/06 - WDW - offsite (MH)
10/05 - WDW - offsite (MH)
05/05 - DL - Grand Californian 05/05 - Disney Magic - Maiden Panama Canal Crossing
12/04 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 11/04 - Disney Wonder - 4 day 10/01 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
09/00 - WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter 09/99 - WDW - Caribbean Beach 06/98 - WDW - offsite
Mickey&JoshNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #22
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

We are going in February with friends. We are a family of 5 (Nemo suite), and they have 2 people (LM room). We also have ressies at Pop. I just can't make up my mind! What are your thoughts...are we going to feel disconnected from the group if we are in Nemo & they are in LM? I guess we would have to feel a little disconnected...SO does the "newness" of AofA make it worth it to stay there rather than Pop where we would have 3 rooms near each other? I have heard bad reviews about the wait at AofA's food court & their thermostats not going below 68, so I am just really second guessing my AofA reservation. We have not stayed at Pop before either.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #23
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was rough at the end of a long day, but overall not bad. I think about 5-7 mins. I talked with the head maintenance guy for the LM section for a bit one morning and he did say they are looking into putting a drink station in the LM section. The big thing holding it back is controlling use. There really isn't a way to make sure is being used properly right now.
That makes sense - the big blue pool is fenced and the drink station is in the pool bar area. I can see how a drink station in an unsupervised area could be abused. You certainly couldn't ask the lifeguards to police the soda fountain.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #24
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

How is the food at Landscapes of Flavor?

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The longest we waited for a bus was 10 mins towards the end of the Halloween party.

It was a short trip to everywhere but MK, which was about 20 mins. HS seemed to be the closest.

We were in LM parking lot view and it was pretty quiet. Unless people we talking loudly right outside or room, we really didn't hear them.
I have a similair question regarding bus transportation. I just returned from a stay at POR. I'm thinking of doing a split stay at AofA next October. I went over to the resort to check it out and when I went back to the bus station to return to Epcot, every bus station had a very long line. I waited about 15 minutes for the Epcot bus and ending up standing. Just wondering if you found long lines at the bus stations common?

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
We are going in February with friends. We are a family of 5 (Nemo suite), and they have 2 people (LM room). We also have ressies at Pop. I just can't make up my mind! What are your thoughts...are we going to feel disconnected from the group if we are in Nemo & they are in LM? I guess we would have to feel a little disconnected...SO does the "newness" of AofA make it worth it to stay there rather than Pop where we would have 3 rooms near each other? I have heard bad reviews about the wait at AofA's food court & their thermostats not going below 68, so I am just really second guessing my AofA reservation. We have not stayed at Pop before either.
Pop thermostats also don't go below 68 degrees also.
I wouldn't worry about the waits at the food court - any food court can have huge waits during their busy times (usual meal times). Waits are common at POR food court with their design your own pasta bar - Pop can be extremely crowded, we have been at POFQ when you couldn't move due to the crowd and lines to pay were 14 or more deep.
We really enjoy the food at AoA food court so much so that we usually stop there to eat at least once during each of our visits to WDW (we go around 4 or more times a year).
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #27
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom
We just stayed a night at AOA, Nemo, and ate at Landscape of Flavors.

The food was good but the set up was chaotic- too small of an area to accommodate the amount of people.

I had the tandoori chicken, the lentils as a side dish were SO good. DS had pizza, it was your typical Disney pizza. DD had an Italian panini. She enjoyed it. It came with coleslaw which she didn't like and she usually likes coleslaw.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #28
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I have a similair question regarding bus transportation. I just returned from a stay at POR. I'm thinking of doing a split stay at AofA next October. I went over to the resort to check it out and when I went back to the bus station to return to Epcot, every bus station had a very long line. I waited about 15 minutes for the Epcot bus and ending up standing. Just wondering if you found long lines at the bus stations common?
Leaving the resort, we never dealt with long lines at all. We didn't do anywhere close to rope drop though. We were usually leaving the resort around 10.
Mom2Luci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
Ha! Based on my experience, you may want some separation LOL. Being that you're in a Nemo suite, it really shouldn't be THAT bad. They'll be close to you for the food court and busses.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #30
Mom2Luci
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
We tried most things, and it was pretty good. I liked the pasta station a lot. DD had pizza or mac & cheese most of the time. DH really liked the Tandoori chicken and the pulled pork sandwich.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: