Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Debbie,

Most of the Dis meet and greet before the life boat drill. I would recommend 3pm in the Promende Lounge. It is a great way to faces together. Also, the kids can meet a few friends before they go into the clubs. All are welcome whether you are doing FE or not.

My daughter is looking forward to doing FE. I received a great one on the cruise I took in Sept. She wants to make the same thing.

Your granddaughters are going to have a terrific time.

My son, Matt, is 14. He will be going into the Edge. My daughter,Marina, is 12. She can't want to go into the Edge. She loved the Lab but she finally old enough to move up and is looking forward to something new.

Christi
Christi,
How wonderful! One of my girls is 14 and I know she would love to do the teen clubs, but she won't want to go alone. It would be great if she had someone to go with her. I am unfamiliar with the Disboard - do I just keep checking back here to find out what's going on? Do a lot of cruisers check the board?

Debbie
Nanato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

I meant to say my son will be going to the vibe. Teen club for 14 and up. Edge is tween club 11-14.

Your grand daughter will have a great time and meet new friends. Since she is 14 she will have he choice of either club. The edge will have more organized activities. If she decides on the edge, she can meet Marina.
They need to go to the clubs the first night when everyone is meeting for the first time.
It is much harder later on.

It is hard to say how much activity will be on the meet Board. I was surprised that there wsd not more people since it is over Easter. I think a lot of people took their kids out of school to take advantage of the kids sail free promotion. Unfortunately, it was not offered for this cruise. It is the only week we can sail because the kids can not miss hat much school.

Eta. You can post information and questions on the board. It is a great way to get to know each other.

Christi

PS I know that there are at least 3 other cabins. One of my family is cruising,too. It will be their first Disney cruise and my niece and nephews first cruise/wdw trip

Last edited by stsomewhere; 10-29-2012 at 10:34 AM.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is weathering the hurricane. Stay safe.
We are south of Detroit. We are expecting 15 to 25 foot waves on he great lakes. Lake Erie is about a mile away. I am sure we will get some flooding.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hope everyone is weathering the hurricane. Stay safe.
We are south of Detroit. We are expecting 15 to 25 foot waves on he great lakes. Lake Erie is about a mile away. I am sure we will get some flooding.
We are on the coast of Virginia about 15 miles from Norfolk and the storm has been hammering us pretty hard for the past three days - the winds are pretty bad right now and the high tide has a lot of areas around us under water. Everything is closed and there are a lot of power outages. We're used to it, though. It happens a couple of times a year because we're right at the bend of the Chesapeake Bay.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanato2 View Post
We are on the coast of Virginia about 15 miles from Norfolk and the storm has been hammering us pretty hard for the past three days - the winds are pretty bad right now and the high tide has a lot of areas around us under water. Everything is closed and there are a lot of power outages. We're used to it, though. It happens a couple of times a year because we're right at the bend of the Chesapeake Bay.
Best luck to ride out the storm. Saw a cool map on the Weather Channel this morning that showed the Great Lakes will have the same strength wind that the East Coast is having -- all purple and deep red and whatever the worst colors are. Cool from the perspective of the Great Lakes being inland freshwater seas. Not from cool it is happening perspective.
Fortunately for us, it is staying on the water here and we will only have tropical storm winds on land. We were in Orlando when Irene had the near miss and the volume of rain was impressive. I can't imagine being in that for days. Stay as dry as you can.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks, Christi!
It would be awesome if your husband would volunteer to organize the FE list! This is our very first cruise and I don't want my girls to miss a thing. They would be so excited to participate in a FE exchange! Hopefully we will get good participation. I'll keep checking back for more posts from you. Does the FE group ever get together onboard to meet?

Debbie
Of course I will start it. Likely run it through a shared Google spreadsheet. Can post it here on occasion for people who are less comfortable with getting into Google apps. (Intentionally not looking at Christi when typing this...)
Old 10-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
Of course I will start it. Likely run it through a shared Google spreadsheet. Can post it here on occasion for people who are less comfortable with getting into Google apps. (Intentionally not looking at Christi when typing this...)
That would be great! I'll check back for status!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #23
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Erik you are the best!

I know my mom is interested in FE. Not sure about my sisters.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks Erik you are the best!

I know my mom is interested in FE. Not sure about my sisters.
Posting a link to the spreadsheet here. The information posted is only what is already public knowledge based on what is posted in this forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mk2Q01vcmJHRnc

Please provide any updates you wish to make, including participation in the FE, or desire for a Dis-Meet?

The other option I have is to make the spreadsheet editable.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Posting a link to the spreadsheet here. The information posted is only what is already public knowledge based on what is posted in this forum.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mk2Q01vcmJHRnc

Please provide any updates you wish to make, including participation in the FE, or desire for a Dis-Meet?

The other option I have is to make the spreadsheet editable.
Need names, cabin #, kids ages

Are you going to compile all the info and email it or just post it on board.?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #26
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Need names, cabin #, kids ages

Are you going to compile all the info and email it or just post it on board.?
I feel really dumb, but how do I add our information to the spreadsheet (our names, cabin #, etc.)? I can provide it here if it would be easier.
Chip -Adult
Debbie - Adult
Kylee - 14
Kamryn - 7
Cabin #1048
Participation in FE - yes
Dis-meet - yes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #27
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel really dumb, but how do I add our information to the spreadsheet (our names, cabin #, etc.)? I can provide it here if it would be easier.
Chip -Adult
Debbie - Adult
Kylee - 14
Kamryn - 7
Cabin #1048
Participation in FE - yes
Dis-meet - yes

Debbie,
Don't worry. I will have Erik take care of it.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #28
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
For now I left the spreadsheet in read only mode. If tons of people join, I may have to post multiple editors.

Your updates are complete
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #29
Nanato2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
For now I left the spreadsheet in read only mode. If tons of people join, I may have to post multiple editors.

Your updates are complete
Thanks so much!!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #30
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Is this Chip?

You mentioned it is your first Disney Cruise, are you prior cruisers on another line? Where did you go?

Christi and I have lost count overall, somewhere near 20 cruises. Certainly the best of those have been with Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: