Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Robundrh2o
Mouseketeer

MK dining options

Is my family just picky or does it seem the quality of food and service is not consistent throughout the various parks and resorts? Let me start by saying we LOVE disney. We are annual pass holders, DVC members, and this weekend made our 7 trip this year. We go a LOT. Disney has by far the best customer experience at the Resorts and Parks, so why can't they get it together with the dining? With a family of 5 (3 under 11) we rarely eat at the $$$ places. So we do a lot of quick service and counter service meals. Tortuga tavern is one of our favorites, however this past weekend it was closed. So we had to opt for Pecos Bills. The food was okay (mediocre burgers and fries for $50.00), but the experience was lacking. We had to wait in the cattle chutes just to get in the place (even though there were plenty of tables nad room in general) once we got in we were directed to a register and then I told the family to go get a table while I waited on the food. They were not allowed into the dining room until I got there with the food (?????). Is this a new approach? At our resort (AKL) we went to Mara for dinner, bad idea. It was laid out like a food court, but you have to wait in the chutes again. Then place your order with 1 person, then get your extras and go pay somebody, then take your pager and activate it once you get to a table. We waited over 30 minutes from the time we activated the pager for a very simple order.
Robundrh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robundrh2o View Post
then I told the family to go get a table while I waited on the food. They were not allowed into the dining room until I got there with the food (?????). Is this a new approach?
That's always the policy when park attendance is at a certain level. It keeps the tables turning over at a steady rate. It keeps people who already have their food from not being able to get a table because people who don't have their food yet are taking them up.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Robundrh2o
Mouseketeer

I would understand if that was consistent across the park, we'd adapt and go with or go to a sit down. We've only had dining issues at MK. Epcot, HS, and AK all have such a variety that we have never had a bad experience.
Robundrh2o is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: