Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #916
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch
Headed to WDW January 25-29th, staying at AoA Finding Nemo!!
I'll get you adde later. I'm not sure if I can edit my post from my iPhone. The hubby is feeling needy and I'm playing SW:tOR with him.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #917
Lisally3
Earning My Ears

January 2013

We are heading down for a 5 night stay Jan. 18-23 staying at AoA LM room. My in-laws are staying in LK suite with my BIL and nephew. My parents are staying in king room at CBR. My DH and DD (both 8) went for 7 nights in Feb 2012 and stayed at POP. We saw AoA in the distance and are so excited to be staying here this trip. We still can't believe everyone is coming with us. I was able to make ADR's for all 10 of us. I changed some of them to things I knew our nephew would really enjoy (or at least I hope he will)...

Fri-Epcot, no ADR
Sat-HS, dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, MK at night
Sun-AK, breakfast Rainforest Cafe, HDDR dinner, MK at night
Mon-Epcot, HS, Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch, Sci-Fi dinner
Tues - MK, Chef Mickey's late breakfast, O'Hana dinner

We did some of these last visit but mostly they are new places. We did every princess dining experience last time, so we didn't need to do those again this time. Hoping the last night we get to Poly in time to watch fireworks on the beach and then go to 8:30 reservations. I've never been to Poly for fireworks, but I've read about so many peopel doing this. Hope it's worth it and fun and works out with ADR.

It's hard making all the plans for everyone in a party of 10, but they're all leaving it up to me. It's a lot of pressure b/c I don't want anyone to be disappointed! Anyway, anything that stands out as not being a good idea or maybe an idea to make things better, please let me know!

Thanks!

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!

Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #918
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

Hi, just wondering if you could change our resort from CSR to AKL
KuyaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #919
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'll get you adde later. I'm not sure if I can edit my post from my iPhone. The hubby is feeling needy and I'm playing SW:tOR with him.
Thank You!

Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #920
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Headed to WDW January 25-29th, staying at AoA Finding Nemo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Thank You!
Sorry it took so long. Like I said before, the DH just insisted that I play SW:tOR with him all weekend. The only time that I really stopped was Saturday night, when my youngest wanted me to make the mushroom risotto from Le Cellier and I had to go to the store to buy the stuff and then make it.
& added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisally3 View Post
We are heading down for a 5 night stay Jan. 18-23 staying at AoA LM room. My in-laws are staying in LK suite with my BIL and nephew. My parents are staying in king room at CBR. My DH and DD (both 8) went for 7 nights in Feb 2012 and stayed at POP. We saw AoA in the distance and are so excited to be staying here this trip. We still can't believe everyone is coming with us. I was able to make ADR's for all 10 of us. I changed some of them to things I knew our nephew would really enjoy (or at least I hope he will)...

Fri-Epcot, no ADR
Sat-HS, dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, MK at night
Sun-AK, breakfast Rainforest Cafe, HDDR dinner, MK at night
Mon-Epcot, HS, Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch, Sci-Fi dinner
Tues - MK, Chef Mickey's late breakfast, O'Hana dinner

We did some of these last visit but mostly they are new places. We did every princess dining experience last time, so we didn't need to do those again this time. Hoping the last night we get to Poly in time to watch fireworks on the beach and then go to 8:30 reservations. I've never been to Poly for fireworks, but I've read about so many peopel doing this. Hope it's worth it and fun and works out with ADR.

It's hard making all the plans for everyone in a party of 10, but they're all leaving it up to me. It's a lot of pressure b/c I don't want anyone to be disappointed! Anyway, anything that stands out as not being a good idea or maybe an idea to make things better, please let me know!

Thanks!
& added
We stayed at the Pop on our trip this past June, and every time we drove by AoA, I wished it had been open for our trip. It just looked so cool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
Hi, just wondering if you could change our resort from CSR to AKL
Gotcha changed

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 10-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #921
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

If anyone's flying down on southwest, the price of our flights down were reduced today, so I was able to ER a credit of about $36 per person! They have no change fees!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Oct. 2014-???
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #922
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

Hi! We are going Jan 2-9 staying in a family suite at All Star Music. This will be our family's fourth trip and my youngest DD's first trip. It is going to be a surprise for Christmas for our older two, they know we are going sometime next year but don't know when. We are planning another trip in June of 2013 and that is when they think we are going, hehe!

We can't wait to get back, it has been 2 years since our last trip!!

My family:

Me , DH , DS9 , DD8 and DD1
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #923
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
Hi! We are going Jan 2-9 staying in a family suite at All Star Music. This will be our family's fourth trip and my youngest DD's first trip. It is going to be a surprise for Christmas for our older two, they know we are going sometime next year but don't know when. We are planning another trip in June of 2013 and that is when they think we are going, hehe!

We can't wait to get back, it has been 2 years since our last trip!!

& added

When are you going in June? We had to move our January trip to June, since our oldest DS wants to try wrestling this year. I just got the DH to realize last night, that we are going back in June 2013. We'll probably be there June 10-14. The WDW part of our trip this last year was a surprise, and they were just like, "oh, ok...cool". This time, they'll know about it and I'll let them help pick a few of the ADRs.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #924
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
If anyone's flying down on southwest, the price of our flights down were reduced today, so I was able to ER a credit of about $36 per person! They have no change fees!
NICE!! I'm not flying Southwest but it's still good to know there aren't change fees for future travel where I might use Southwest!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #925
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad to hear that your flight went down. Ours keeps going up.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #926
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We are flying on points and ours went down too. We got points back. The only thing that sucks is that we had to buy extra points, which I would not have had to done. We just have extra points for another trip.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #927
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

One of my flights was cheaper and the other one was more expensive so I didn't get any back :/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
May 2011 AKL CL Pixie Dust, Pineapples & Plummits - complete
May 2013 AoA Suite We're Late For a Very Important Date - in progress
2014 off site
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #928
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel
One of my flights was cheaper and the other one was more expensive so I didn't get any back :/

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
With southwest, you should be able to just do one, and not the other. That's what I did. My flight home went up so I didn't touch that one.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Oct. 2014-???
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #929
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

We have our resort chosen, tickets and dining part of a package and even have photopass share paid for...but we're waiting to book a flight on Virgin America between LAX and MCO. Saw that there's a 20% off sale today, but it doesn't cover our dates of travel. I'm hoping for luck that a 20% off promo code is released like last year...and hopefully that I can use that on top of a Cyber Monday sale after Thanksgiving!

Even during the waiting period until a Disney World, there's still waiting to be done.
KuyaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #930
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Now that is November, all of us can say in two months we will be in Disney World!
I can't wait to see sunshine again, I am hoping the sun finally breaks through Sandy this weekend.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: