Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #76
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Maybe the bird's name is Mickey.
I love it!

BLTtinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #77
psac
DIS Veteran

Nice pic, Kook. And of course it's Spaceship Earth!
That's like asking which long-running 3D attraction was sponsored by Kodak.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #78
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Nice pic, Kook. And of course it's Spaceship Earth!
That's like asking which long-running 3D attraction was sponsored by Kodak.
We have a winner!

I love MV3D and this guy's pretty cool:

Bay Lake photo of the day taken from that bridge again:

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #79
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Here now, and I just found that Hidden Mickey...I've been looking for it āll week (haven't been nonlinear to see the hints or that it was solved), and just happened to look up on my way over to the Contemporary to watch Hallowishes. It's a speaker on the bridge between BLT and the Contemporary. Good one!
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #80
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowntoflorida View Post
Here now, and I just found that Hidden Mickey...I've been looking for it āll week (haven't been nonlinear to see the hints or that it was solved), and just happened to look up on my way over to the Contemporary to watch Hallowishes. It's a speaker on the bridge between BLT and the Contemporary. Good one!
Good detective work! Did you have a nice stay at BLT? What villa-type were you in?
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #81
DznyDreams
A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .

Just found this thread, and I am more excited now than I was when I booked our 1-BR BLT villa earlier today!!! DH, DD and I will be there from June 1-6. DD turns 17 on June 2, and this is our b-day surprise for her. She has always wanted to go for her B-day, but we have never been able to make it work out.

I am so glad to hear your DD enjoyed her private bath and the bed was comfy. That was my number one concern. We will be driving from TX, and I normally take an air mattress in case the sleepers aren't comfy. Nice to know I can leave this item behind to lighten our load!

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep; In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for you keep; Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling thru; No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true!

11/13 CSR & Disney Dream * 9/10 CSR * 08/09 WL * 2/09 CSR * 9/08 BWV & POP * 5/08 POP * 11-12/07 CSR & Disney Wonder * 10/05 CBR * 10/04 BWV * 03/04 BWV * 10/02 OKW * 04/02 WLV * 10/01 OKW * 12/00 CR * 05/00 POFQ * 12/99 DL (aka: POR) * 09/98 CR * Offsite 95
Old 10-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #82
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreams View Post
Just found this thread, and I am more excited now than I was when I booked our 1-BR BLT villa earlier today!!! DH, DD and I will be there from June 1-6. DD turns 17 on June 2, and this is our b-day surprise for her. She has always wanted to go for her B-day, but we have never been able to make it work out.

I am so glad to hear your DD enjoyed her private bath and the bed was comfy. That was my number one concern. We will be driving from TX, and I normally take an air mattress in case the sleepers aren't comfy. Nice to know I can leave this item behind to lighten our load!
The sleeper chair is the best chair for sitting, too. The sofa is okay for sleeping and horrible for sitting. And the wooden chair with the cushion is awful for sitting. I think the two of us fought over who got the sleeper chair to watch TV. The extra bath was very convenient.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #83
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreams View Post

Congratulations on booking BLT. What a terrific birthday surprise for DD - make sure it's noted in your reservation. You won't need an air mattress - your DD will be very comfortable on the queen sleeper with her amazing view, flat screen and bathroom. She can even get some pre-college laundry practice in

Feel free to post any questions you might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The sleeper chair is the best chair for sitting, too. The sofa is okay for sleeping and horrible for sitting. And the wooden chair with the cushion is awful for sitting. I think the two of us fought over who got the sleeper chair to watch TV. The extra bath was very convenient.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #84
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Some Questions...

Hi Kook-
I know you may have addressed these, but I'm putting the finishing touches on my plans and cannot find where (if?) I saved this info if you did share it!

What level of the BLT is the walking bridge to the Contemporary...we are stairs people and likely to request a room within 2-3 floors of the bridge. I thought it's level 5 (rooms with 75XX) but I can't find it referenced anywhere.

Also, if we booked a lake view, we really can't request a different one without paying more right? I have the thread by Work2play, and I can see all the rooms but I don't know if I would be charged more if i request one that is not "lake view"

Thanks for the help!!
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #85
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Hi Kook-
I know you may have addressed these, but I'm putting the finishing touches on my plans and cannot find where (if?) I saved this info if you did share it!

What level of the BLT is the walking bridge to the Contemporary...we are stairs people and likely to request a room within 2-3 floors of the bridge. I thought it's level 5 (rooms with 75XX) but I can't find it referenced anywhere.

Also, if we booked a lake view, we really can't request a different one without paying more right? I have the thread by Work2play, and I can see all the rooms but I don't know if I would be charged more if i request one that is not "lake view"

Thanks for the help!!
Dead thread revived

The Skybridge that links BLT to the CR's fourth floor is located on the fifth floor of BLT which are rooms 7502 - 7544 on the south side. There's a photo of this on the first page. If you booked a cash reservation, you can certainly ask for availability of a different view, but it's always best to book the view you want. But, you can ask at check-in what the charge would be before you change and you can use the Disney booking website now to get an idea of the cost difference.

There are three bookable BLT views: Standard (parking lot), Bay Lake and MKV. Some rooms are BLV, but have a partial MKV on the north side. Work2play's thread has all of those details.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #86
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Dead thread revived

The Skybridge that links BLT to the CR's fourth floor is located on the fifth floor of BLT which are rooms 7502 - 7544 on the south side. There's a photo of this on the first page. If you booked a cash reservation, you can certainly ask for availability of a different view, but it's always best to book the view you want. But, you can ask at check-in what the charge would be before you change and you can use the Disney booking website now to get an idea of the cost difference.

There are three bookable BLT views: Standard (parking lot), Bay Lake and MKV. Some rooms are BLV, but have a partial MKV on the north side. Work2play's thread has all of those details.
Dead...hardly! This one is great and will live on in infamy!!!!
Thanks for the info...We did book lake view, so we have lots of options!! If the bridge connection is on the South side and I request a North room, if I take the elvator down from the north, do I still ahve to connect to the bridge or can you get to the monorail from the North side? Is that going to be really far to walk to the bridge? I ask because I was going to make sure I requested a room on a lower floor to be able to walk, but if it's so far from the north side then I might have to take the elevator anyway and I could get a higher level room and just plan to use the elevator. We don't mind walking, but if it's shorter to take the elevator from the north, I'd love to score a great view!!

Thanks for your help...may all be moot when I get there and they only have one room left
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #87
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Dead...hardly! This one is great and will live on in infamy!!!!
Thanks for the info...We did book lake view, so we have lots of options!! If the bridge connection is on the South side and I request a North room, if I take the elvator down from the north, do I still ahve to connect to the bridge or can you get to the monorail from the North side? Is that going to be really far to walk to the bridge? I ask because I was going to make sure I requested a room on a lower floor to be able to walk, but if it's so far from the north side then I might have to take the elevator anyway and I could get a higher level room and just plan to use the elevator. We don't mind walking, but if it's shorter to take the elevator from the north, I'd love to score a great view!!

Thanks for your help...may all be moot when I get there and they only have one room left
Thanks for the chuckle.

The only way you can get directly inside CR from BLT is to take the 5th floor Skybridge. Your only other option is to walk outside to the CR's front or rear entrance and take the elevator or escalator up to the 4th floor and then the escalator up to the monorail.

Keep us posted about what room you end up getting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: