Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #121
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

double post. sorry
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #122
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmommy View Post

I've been posting a countdown every few days on FB. I think everyone's tired of hearing it.

I'm thinking Christmas might get overshadowed this year by the cruise. I'm just so excited. I think I'll incorporate a lot of different cruise things into Allie's presents this year.

A countdown chain sounds fun! Never done one. I noticed when I was looking for FE gifts on Pinterest, I came across some cute chains.
My kids are getting several cruise related things for Christmas - luggage, lanyards with Disney gift cards in them (which we will just add to the on board account, but it will be like they have their own money), Disney cruise line tshirts, beach towels and bathing suits (which I bought a few weeks ago on clearance) - so yes many cruise things. I think I might get them both new cameras for Christmas too - both of theirs broke.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #123
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

I started making FE gifts last night. They are so cute, I think I might make myself one too. I had to order a lot of the supplies I need to make most of them (rural area) and I'm still waiting on some of it to arrive.

It will be a busy time from now until the cruise. I'm making some princess dresses for my DD and she's decided she wants her American Girl to have a pillowcase dress to match her's. I found a cool website with patterns for the princess dresses for 18 inch dolls, so I might as well make them to match too, right?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #124
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started making FE gifts last night. They are so cute, I think I might make myself one too. I had to order a lot of the supplies I need to make most of them (rural area) and I'm still waiting on some of it to arrive.

It will be a busy time from now until the cruise. I'm making some princess dresses for my DD and she's decided she wants her American Girl to have a pillowcase dress to match her's. I found a cool website with patterns for the princess dresses for 18 inch dolls, so I might as well make them to match too, right?
We just got home from shopping for stuff to make FE. And we found some things we didn't go shopping for but couldn'g pass them up. I actually almost bought your daughter socks with Belle on them in Michaels, but we debated and decided we didn't know the shoe or sock size - they were cute for shoe sizes 7-10 - they were only a dollar so let me know if that would fit her and I may pick them up the next time I am in there.
I am printing stuff right now to make some of my things.
We also bought fabric, ribbon, dowel rods, and some other things my mom said she needed and she is going to make our FE. We debated buying them online and decided we could make them - she is a pretty good with a sewing machine (although right now she had surgery on her hand so I will have to help alot and I am not good with a sewing machine - we will see how they turn out!)

Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #125
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321 View Post
We just got home from shopping for stuff to make FE. And we found some things we didn't go shopping for but couldn'g pass them up. I actually almost bought your daughter socks with Belle on them in Michaels, but we debated and decided we didn't know the shoe or sock size - they were cute for shoe sizes 7-10 - they were only a dollar so let me know if that would fit her and I may pick them up the next time I am in there.
She wears a girls' size 1. She would so love Belle socks!!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #126
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She wears a girls' size 1. She would so love Belle socks!!
I am going to go back and get them - hopefully they will fit her.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #127
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Wow have you guys been reading all the threads about the fantasy! I am so glad I was not on that ship - that is my worst fear! One guy said as they went up on a wave you felt weightless and then felt the ship crash down - oh I cannot even imagine!!!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #128
alliesmommy
Just the two of us

Crazy for sure! I would have been terrified under those conditions. DD would have been in hysterics. I'm just so glad no one was seriously injured and that everyone made it back safely.

I'm definitely praying for those on the East Coast as the storm makes its way up there.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #129
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Crazy for sure! I would have been terrified under those conditions. DD would have been in hysterics. I'm just so glad no one was seriously injured and that everyone made it back safely.

I'm definitely praying for those on the East Coast as the storm makes its way up there.
yeah I would have been a bit out of sorts. Although I believe the Fantasy is under Captain Tom's control and that is one great captain! He has avoided storms when we have been onboard before. He is my fav captain out of all of them.

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #130
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I hope all of you are safe tonight. Even though in Ohio, we are getting some nasty weather here. Seems a part of Sandy is hitting us. The wind is bad---my trampoline has moved across the yard, just hoping it is still here tomorrow. Schools have closed around us, we will see about ours tomorrow. Many have lost power just hoping I won't be one of them. Anyone on the East coast I hope you are holding down the forts!!! Night all

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #131
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I hope all of you are safe tonight. Even though in Ohio, we are getting some nasty weather here. Seems a part of Sandy is hitting us. The wind is bad---my trampoline has moved across the yard, just hoping it is still here tomorrow. Schools have closed around us, we will see about ours tomorrow. Many have lost power just hoping I won't be one of them. Anyone on the East coast I hope you are holding down the forts!!! Night all
I hope you guys are okay. My relatives live in Dayton, Ohio we haven't heard anything from them. We are pretty used to that weather down here in my neck of the woods - that would be about 30 minutes from the coast! We had a hurricane in August and we usually leave, but this was only a catagory 1 so we decided to stay - my kids throught I was nuts. Well around 1am when things were getting bad they were not too happy with me but we were just fine and honestly when they fell asleep they slept throught the worst part of it. The worst part for us is the loss of power - this time it was only three days, but the worst was after Hurricane Katrina we were something like 9 days without power - not fun. And I think for Gustav we were around 7 days without power. Forces everyone to spend time together - with no electronic devices!!
Well I hope you guys keep your power up there and your trampoline stays in one piece - after one hurricane my neighbor could not find her trampoline. A few hours later the neighbor came over to see if she wanted it back - yes it had been picked up and dropped over the fence - and it only broke one small piece of fence on its way over!! The power of mother nature!!

Old 10-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #132
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Oh my I just checked my e-mail and I had a reminder from Disney that my final payment is due soon!! Oh that is so exciting - that means it is getting closer!!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #133
ForTheLoveOfDCL

our yard....our neighbors shed & our trampoline

Old 10-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #134
Pocahantas
Dreams do come true - I'm now a DVC Member

Just paid our cruise in full!! Now we just need to decide on excursions.
12/02 CR; 2/04 CR ; 5/05 Pop/BCV/AKL; 10/05 POFQ/BCV; 2/06 VWL; 5/06 BWV; 12/06 POR/BCV/WL; 6/07 SSR/BCV; 10/07 BCV; 12/07 POFQ/BCV; 5/08 DCL/Vero; 2/09 BWV; 6/09 BCV; 9/09 AKL/DCL/BC; 5/10 BLT/Poly; 3/11 BCV/BLT; 6/11 DCL-Alaska; 6/12 DCL Bahamas Double Dip; 2/13 DCL W.Carib; 6/13 BCV; 10/13 BCV; 3/14 VGF Next Up: 6/14 - VGC On the Horizon: 10/14 DCL-Southern Carib

Last edited by Pocahantas; 10-30-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Pocahantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #135
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahantas View Post
Just paid our cruise in full!! Now we just need to decide on excursions.
It's an awesome feeling isn't it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: